Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #29
07fx2

Drives: 2007 F150
I need to get me a mustang or camaro soon. Getting tired of my truck haha
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Just put her in the car and let her go. She'll be hooked. Both of them absolutely loved it! They can hardly wait til the next race. I've created a couple monsters I think.
maybe they can drive my car and get better times than i can. fastest i've gone so far is 13.833 here.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #31
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Definitely had a blast! As far as their status... Well, sort of up in the air I think.. lol
Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Just put her in the car and let her go. She'll be hooked. Both of them absolutely loved it! They can hardly wait til the next race. I've created a couple monsters I think.

Will do. I have six years to wait. I'm taking her to her first drag strip on Saturday. Hoping to get it in her blood early.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #33
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
maybe they can drive my car and get better times than i can. fastest i've gone so far is 13.833 here.
Stock Camaro's in Utah run low 14's. Probably the difference in DA. 13.8 is a great run for mostly stock. Just have Sam throw a few upgrades in there and get you into the 12's.

I think my next investment is going to get some parts to get my power to the ground. Car seems to run harder with the T/C off but can't keep the tires from spinning. So I think 18's for the back, a set of MT drag radials and the Stage III Pfadt drag kit should be a huge help. Along with changing my diff gears to 3.45's. Was going to go 3.70's but plan on FI next year so the 3.70's would be a bit low from what I've seen. One piece at a time though. Everything I mentioned is well over $1k for each. $$$$$
Old 04-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #34
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Will do. I have six years to wait. I'm taking her to her first drag strip on Saturday. Hoping to get it in her blood early.
That should do it. Are they top fuel? That might scare the crap out of her.. lol
Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #35
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
That should do it. Are they top fuel? That might scare the crap out of her.. lol
No, That would ruin her forever at this point. Just a test and tune for street classes at my local strip.

The first time I saw top fuel I was 9 and nearly ran for the hills.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #36
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Stock Camaro's in Utah run low 14's. Probably the difference in DA. 13.8 is a great run for mostly stock. Just have Sam throw a few upgrades in there and get you into the 12's.

I think my next investment is going to get some parts to get my power to the ground. Car seems to run harder with the T/C off but can't keep the tires from spinning. So I think 18's for the back, a set of MT drag radials and the Stage III Pfadt drag kit should be a huge help. Along with changing my diff gears to 3.45's. Was going to go 3.70's but plan on FI next year so the 3.70's would be a bit low from what I've seen. One piece at a time though. Everything I mentioned is well over $1k for each. $$$$$
I also plan on going with 18's and DR's. drag suspension will definitely help you out. I'm leaning towards a mild cam and nitrous...then turbo after all is said and done. This is my daily driver, and i hear if I go NA and get an aggressive cam, it wouldn't be very pleasant to drive all the time. lol

My goal is to have about 500-550hp with the turbo on a safe low boost, and when i'm at the track, i can shoot a 100shot of nitrous. ever since having nitrous on my v6, i'm hooked.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
No, That would ruin her forever at this point. Just a test and tune for street classes at my local strip.

The first time I saw top fuel I was 9 and nearly ran for the hills.
Yeah, those things rattle your eyeballs!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #38
SixGracing

Quote:
I also plan on going with 18's and DR's. drag suspension will definitely help you out. I'm leaning towards a mild cam and nitrous...then turbo after all is said and done. This is my daily driver, and i hear if I go NA and get an aggressive cam, it wouldn't be very pleasant to drive all the time. lol

My goal is to have about 500-550hp with the turbo on a safe low boost, and when i'm at the track, i can shoot a 100shot of nitrous. ever since having nitrous on my v6, i'm hooked.
Sam mentioned nitrous to me too but I think I'm just going to stay NA until I go with the Procharger next year. I'll have to do a cam swap again though. No big deal. Probably look into the LPE GT9 Cam. Seen good numbers with it paired with a procharger D1SC. Should put me in the low 600's to the wheels on about 10lbs of boost and can run 8lbs for daily driving which is somewhere in the mid to high 500's at the wheels. Nice setup I think.

My TSP cam is fairly agressive and my car still drives quite nice. Sometimes when I come to a rolling stop it wants to surge a little because of the cam but nothing that's not manageable. Just have to drive the car a little bit differently. I love the NA stuff though. Car sounds mean.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #39
PoorMansCamaro

sounds like a great plan! good luck! I need to do more research on aftermarket cams. I'm not really familiar with any of them.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #40
11RS
11BADRS

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS GCO
Holy ****.. LOL
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #41
SixGracing

Quote:
sounds like a great plan! good luck! I need to do more research on aftermarket cams. I'm not really familiar with any of them.
My TSP cam 231/236 .641"/615" with a 112 LSA is awesome! I love it. Agressive but not overly. The LG G6X3 is another popular one. Did you say you were an L99 or LS3? My car is an auto and I had Sam do the conversion to LS3 valvetrain. You can retain the L99 stuff and buy a good VVT cam but if you are an auto I would convert and get rid of the AFM/DOD junk.

Comp Cams makes some good stuff too. Don't get all caught up in these custom "Secret" grinds. It's quite ridiculous really and there is only so much you can do with lift, duration, lobe separation etc.. If they don't advertise the specs of the cam don't buy it. It's not rocket science and too many shops do this thinking they have some secret cam formula. There are plenty that advertise their specs and have great products!

Good luck with whatever you do to your car. All of its fun and seeing the improvements is even more exciting.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #42
SixGracing

Quote:

If you plan on going FI though at some point, none of the cams I mentioned would work. Those are pretty much for NA applicatioins. Look at the LPE GT9 cam for FI stuff. Great cam!