Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #57
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Agreed, the interior in the current vette is a huge improvement. My point is, there is almost always a similarity between cars of the same company, but that doesn't mean they are equal. The IS-F interior is very comfortable and well built. Sure, the dash and center console is shaped very similar to the toyota, but if someone sits in both cars and can honestly tell me they can't tell a HUGE difference, I will ask to have their IQ tested before we discuss anything more.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #58
HeHasReturned

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Agreed, the interior in the current vette is a huge improvement. My point is, there is almost always a similarity between cars of the same company, but that doesn't mean they are equal. The IS-F interior is very comfortable and well built. Sure, the dash and center console is shaped very similar to the toyota, but if someone sits in both cars and can honestly tell me they can't tell a HUGE difference, I will ask to have their IQ tested before we discuss anything more.
x2 Well said
HeHasReturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #59
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Fine.

But I don't think it's even CLOSE to the extra 15 to 20k you pay for it.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #60
DieselNuts
Spartan Performance

Drives: it like I stole it
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasReturned View Post
When I said, "Nope, not seeing it," I meant that I don't see any similarities. It was in response to someone else's post
oh, gotcha.

Quote:
agreed 100%
DieselNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #61
LS1owner

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS- SOLD!!
Lexus offers a package, its like 4 or 5k depending on which IS, it comes with EVERYTHING. Not like there are 7 levels of the car, or 5 packages or like BMW when you have to add everything peice by piece. for 63 sticker fully loaded the IS-F is a nice car. I'm sure it can be had for under 60k or so with a good interest rate. I looked at it myself, and the M3 because I like 4 doors. You can't compare it apples to apples, but it's a hell of a car in it's class, as is the Camaro SS in its price range. The IS-F should be compared to a fully loaded Corvette.
LS1owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #62
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
The IS-F should be compared to it's intended competition, the M3 and the C63 AMG...where it falls miserably short IMO.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #63
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So, have we decided which car sucks yet?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #64
DieselNuts
Spartan Performance

Drives: it like I stole it
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1owner View Post
The IS-F should be compared to a fully loaded Corvette.
You're joking, right? How the hell are you going to compare a 4 door luxury sport sedan to a 2 seat sport car? If anything, the IS-F's competition is the M5, CTS-V and whatever the AMG equivalent is.
DieselNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #65
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNuts View Post
Have you ever driven an IS-F? Completely different ballgame than a Camaro. I got the pleasure of driving one around Atlanta Motor Speedway. It may not have the raw power of a modern day muscle car, but the refinement is damn near second to none.

I wouldn't pay that much for a Hennessy any day.
CTS-V >>>> IS-F.

End of story. There is no sense in comparing interiors or features of a $60K Lexus to a Camaro SS that costs half as much. What a joke.

If you want a fair comparison., compare the CTS-V and IS-F. The CTS-V pisses all over the IS-F in terms of style, design, acceleration, handing, braking, quality, interior, and reliability.

I have never owned and would never buy ANY Toyota, any car company as shitty as Toyota doesn't even deserve to be in business. The unintended acceleration problem cost American's lives, and the Japs did nothing more than try and cover it up. To hell with Toyota.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #66
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
The only thing I don't like about the IS-F is the exhausts in the back

Looks retarded. Saw one in Norman about 2 months ago and looked so damn sexy as hell from the side and front. When I got behind him at a light.... BARFFFFFFFF
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #67
Wesman

Quote:
Of course there are similarities, they're both sedans from the same parent company. That doesn't mean they are of equal quality.

There are some similarities in the cobalt and corvette, namely the steering wheel. ZOMG the corvette is a piece of shit!
They look nothing alike and share no parts except for a steering wheel design. Toyotas interiors all look the same, cheap and boring.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #68
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
So, have we decided which car sucks yet?
Yup. LEXUS......................
Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #69
Wesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup. LEXUS......................
+1

I like the massive recall list on the Lexus website too. Sticking throttles, rollover issues, defective valvesprings, defective steering systems, defective hybrids. All within the last year. They better keep pursuing perfection, because they have light years to go before they can even figure out how to make a car that isn't massively flawed with defects.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #70
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
What's sad is toyota's sales haven't plummeted. People are so convinced that toyota has great reliability that I fear even exploding headrests wouldn't deter them.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isf, l99, lexus