Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Help wiring a Valentine one radar detector

Hey guys,

I'm trying to hard wire my valentine one(can't find a DIY)......i have the dome light apart, I was going to wire it to the whatever wire is powering the dome light....has anyone done this? Is there anywhere up there for a good ground? I am going to look into it tonight.

I think I am on the right track...seem alot easier to wire it up there than down at the fuse box and run the cable all the way up through the pillar and across the headline.

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys,
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Here is the thread you need....although the pictures in the OP are gone, there are plenty of other pictures throughout the thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...radar+detector
Old 09-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
after reading that, I think I might should run it from a spare fuse location in the driverside fuse box.......it's ok to use on that is hot all of the time...correct? I just make sure not to leave the radar detector on when I turn the car off.....ie make sure the detector is OFF.

Right?
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
after reading that, I think I might should run it from a spare fuse location in the driverside fuse box.......it's ok to use on that is hot all of the time...correct? I just make sure not to leave the radar detector on when I turn the car off.....ie make sure the detector is OFF.

Right?
That is what a lot of us have done....use the biggy pack fuse holder and taped into one of the AUX powers, shown in post #8.....and them you don't have to worry about turning it off, as when you turn off the car, the power goes dead. This is EXACTLY what I did.....works like a champ! so I leave my detector on all teh time, and when I turn on my car, its powered up....when I turn the car off, the detector goes off.