Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #141
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
*walks in & places a well fluffed pillow on Fbodfathers desk* Rethinks this & runs to go get more pillows.

Man hes going to be banging his head on the desk for weeks about this one.
Isn't it the truth...

Like a few, I just don't see how hard it is for some people to understand what chevy is doing..
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #142
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
I own 2 CHEVY Corvettes, 3 CHEVY Camaros, 2 CHEVY trucks & two BUICKS lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #143
talltom

Drives: Silver LS
It's basic branding - focus on the product - Chevrolet and avoid all the other appellations. It is difficult and unwise to stake your claim, plant your flag, and brand a whole bucket full of identities.

Let the various appellations stay in use or disappear...new ones will come all the time. Chevrolet, Chevy, bowtie, "The General", 'Maro (yuck)-the marketing guys aren't going to get caught up in that because its unfocused and has limited appeal.

The brand is everything and the brand is Chevrolet.
talltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #144
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Threads like this always remind me how easily the general public can be mislead and manipulated.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #145
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
Hopefully this does spread to coke and coca cola problems? They actually use both brands on their product. Spend more time on z28 build please.
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #146
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by faninc View Post
Hopefully this does spread to coke and coca cola problems? They actually use both brands on their product. Spend more time on z28 build please.

In the south, its all "Coke." "Hey what kind of Coke do you want?", "A Mountain Dew", "Aw-ight"
Old 06-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #147
ensign_lee

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
"That thing got a HEMI in it?"

lolz

So stupid.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #148
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
This can't be an effective way to spend bail-out money. From a web marketing standpoint, it's completely idiotic. Keep both URLs, continue to use both names online and in printed media...

As a compromise, use Chevrolet when referring to basic transportation, family (read boring) and luxury vehicles and Chevy for performance/fun vehicles...
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #149
Blue Angel

Drives: 2010 LS ABM
I, for one, think it's about damn time they stopped using Chevy - I keep forgetting what it actually stands for. AND they need to start calling our cars ITS correct name - Camarolet.

Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #150
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
It has nothing to do with bailout money. They're going to call Chevrolet's, Chevrolet's in their commercials.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #151
JoeFire

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Transformers Edition
So...Now what? We refer to them as the Manufacturer formerly known as Chevy?

2010 2SS/RS Transformers Edition w/ sun roof. Delivered 7 Dec 2009

2012 Transformers bumper vinyl| Rear tire vent vinyl by SLP|Airaid CAI|Kooks headers w/ high flow cats, Borla S type cat back| Customized tune from Lew, Dyno'd 421HP and 375TQ at 4600' and 82ºF
JoeFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #152
V8YourVtechYum

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Whoa... Chevy Stands for Chevrolet?

Im kinda deciding whats the point of this... Like confusing Caroline and "Carolin" Really worth all this publicity?
V8YourVtechYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #153
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
This is the same thing all new "Marketing" people are doing. In working in Architectural firms a lot of them sound like Lawyers. they usually comprise of the principals names. which is typically foreshortened to the first letter of the name abbreviation. I have seen amny firms do this, but in their official marketing material they always go by the complete name. Anytime an employee would reference who they represent they had to mention the entire name, but internally it was always the 2-4 letter abbreviation. I think this is all they are getting at.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #154
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
This can't be an effective way to spend bail-out money. From a web marketing standpoint, it's completely idiotic. Keep both URLs, continue to use both names online and in printed media...

As a compromise, use Chevrolet when referring to basic transportation, family (read boring) and luxury vehicles and Chevy for performance/fun vehicles...
Please explain how it is more efficient and effective to advertise 2 names. I didn't see anything about them selling (or never planing to renew) the rights to chevy.com. They're just going to advertise the actual name of the brand.

Splitting the advertising ... what luxury vehicles does Chevy offer? The Malibu? The Impala? And where do you make the distinction between boring and fun? Cobalt LT would be boring, but what about the 260 hp Cobalt SS?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote