Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #15
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
When you say that you "tuned" it what are you talking about? Did you write your own software or are you using someone else's? Trifecta who is the only tuner out there currently offering something for the V6 does both an engine and transmission tune (for automatics anyways).

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #16
Zippy

Drives: 2006 Silverado 1500
At work I have the 2011 Trifecta software. This isn't the version where you just load his. I had my shop buy his custom tuning software so I can do the tuning myself. Trifecta does sell their software to those who want it, but the price is up there which shy's most shops away. Honestly it's a better deal for them and him. They sell you a tune that he does which leaves them not responsible for the results and he gets to make the money on damn near every V6 tune out there. As for the transmission Tunercat has software for the T43 control module in the 6L80E so between the two I have the V6 software for the 2011 engine controller from Trifecta and Tunercat allows me to fully tune the transmission controller. We'll likely be purchasing the 2010 package very soon. Vince is a great guy, but we/I do our own tuning here.

2006 Silverado 1500 RCSB: 13.59@100 2.0 60' in full street trim on 20's. 5.3L n/a.
Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #17
Big Rob

Drives: ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
At work I have the 2011 Trifecta software. This isn't the version where you just load his. I had my shop buy his custom tuning software so I can do the tuning myself. Trifecta does sell their software to those who want it, but the price is up there which shy's most shops away. Honestly it's a better deal for them and him. They sell you a tune that he does which leaves them not responsible for the results and he gets to make the money on damn near every V6 tune out there. As for the transmission Tunercat has software for the T43 control module in the 6L80E so between the two I have the V6 software for the 2011 engine controller from Trifecta and Tunercat allows me to fully tune the transmission controller. We'll likely be purchasing the 2010 package very soon. Vince is a great guy, but we/I do our own tuning here.
And I thank you sir for all of the great info. Oh and did I mention it chirps second gear! And it's an automatic. The other local V6 guys may want to watch out for a certain vehicle!!
Big Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:42 AM   #18
ganzo

Drives: 2011 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
And I thank you sir for all of the great info. Oh and did I mention it chirps second gear! And it's an automatic. The other local V6 guys may want to watch out for a certain vehicle!!
How can I get my v6 tuned to do this?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #19
Zippy

Drives: 2006 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
That car does run pretty well. I can't wait to see how much is gained at the track.

2006 Silverado 1500 RCSB: 13.59@100 2.0 60' in full street trim on 20's. 5.3L n/a.
Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
Big Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
That car does run pretty well. I can't wait to see how much is gained at the track.
Hopefully next week we can get some numbers.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #21
Big Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganzo View Post
How can I get my v6 tuned to do this?
Come to AZ and have us Dyno tune it!!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #22
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
When you say that you "tuned" it what are you talking about? Did you write your own software or are you using someone else's? Trifecta who is the only tuner out there currently offering something for the V6 does both an engine and transmission tune (for automatics anyways).
He is using (TUNERCATS) software to tune the tcm, i also have the tunercats obd1 and obd2 software and you can program the tcm and ecm seperate from each other with this software.

http://www.tunercat.com/index.html
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote