Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
akprad

Drives: Camaro 2LS
Metra kit Installation Video

Hi Guys, I just bought a Metra Kit and the Pioneer Avic Z140bh (w/ ND-BC6 Backup Camera) for my 2012 Camaro. I am thinking of installing it myself to save some money. Even though the kits come with installation instructions, I am wondering if anyone has a Video showing each step of installation. Also any help/heads up for DIY will be appreciated.

Thanks!
akprad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Try poking around on youtube, I'm sure there's some sort of video help on there you can find. I'd assume you're worried about breaking something during the install, much like I was when doing the door speakers and tearing the whole rear out of my brand new ZL1.

If you have instructions in hand, the best advice I can give is to take your time and if something starts to frustrate you, take a break and come back in 15 minutes, you might see something differently.

Kinda like when I was using every inch of power I could muster to pull out the B-pillar molding. It wouldn't budge.

Took a 5 minute break and came back to realize there's still a 9mm screw holding it in that is hidden under the airbag logo...
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
akprad

Drives: Camaro 2LS
Yeah you are right. I am lil bit concerned about breaking something. Couldnt find any videos on youtube but I hope the instructions are clear enough to do the job right. Thanks for your advice though!
akprad is offline   Reply With Quote