Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Fog Lights Preference: ZL1/Leno/Transformers
ZL1 current prototype 56 39.16%
Leno Concept 62 43.36%
Transformers 3 / Bumblebee Style 25 17.48%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #29
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
if you need to light up the road, your HIDs should be on .. or main headlights ... so guess i still dont see the difference since current camaro fog lights/DRLs can only be on during the day
The ZL1 will have the RS HID's, then DRL's and then projection fog lights. I would also assume that the HID's have a brighter - longer projected light than the fogs do. I would assume that the fogs would have a brighter - longer projected beam than the Leno LED's. Other than looking cool, what else would the Leno LED's do?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
No complaints, just a preference. Little things like that might make the difference between an interested customer and a buyer. I want lots of ZL1 buyers because the sight of any Camaro on the road always makes me smile.
I read comments where owners say they see too many CAMAROs, or that too many CAMAROs kinda' deminish the ?specialness? of the car, but I have to agree with you. Selling a lot of CAMAROs means GM will continue to build lots of CAMAROs

Quote:
Jay leno by far ... If I end up getting the ZL-1, my first mod (asap actually) would be to change out such ugly fog lights ... I want to put an LED strip in there

how does Jay Leno have better taste in cosmetics than General Motors

however, it is important to note that the only FUNCTIONAL front fascia/splitter is on the ZL-1 as air is redirected to cool the brakes
I would like to be clear that I like the facia on ZL1, but would rather a little redesign of the driving light/fog light ports. I love the rest of the facia, though, especially because it is functional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
The ZL1 will have the RS HID's, then DRL's and then projection fog lights. I would also assume that the HID's have a brighter - longer projected light than the fogs do. I would assume that the fogs would have a brighter - longer projected beam than the Leno LED's. Other than looking cool, what else would the Leno LED's do?
I will also agree. I was ASSuming the LED fog lights would be functional, however, if they don't light up the road, I'd rather keep ZL1's lights, and I'll add aftermarket HID bulbs or functional LED lights from a company like AAC or something.

Good call 'jedi

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I think I PREFER the Leno's foglights...and that's about it.

The fact they're more show-than-go...and I'm sure outrageously expensive...tosses them out of the question upon my "reality check"...

And then I stop for a second...and imagine the look of the ZL1 at night with just the Halos and foglights up....pretty freaking cool, if you ask me.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #32
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Leno Concept looks more releasible then the Transformers 3 model. I could definitely see the Leno version being made with possibly a revision in the Rear fender vent, looks unfinished...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #33
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
And then I stop for a second...and imagine the look of the ZL1 at night with just the Halos and foglights up....pretty freaking cool, if you ask me.
agreed.. but i still think the potential to make it so much more freakin cool is there for something so simple comparatively... its a great bargain to do
Old 06-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #34
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Leno concept would make a nice Z28 nose....
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #35
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
Leno concept would make a nice Z28 nose....
That, and the BB TF3 body changes...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #36
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
ZL1 !!!
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #37
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruznls View Post
ZL1 !!!
comparatively
Old 06-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
agreed.. but i still think the potential to make it so much more freakin cool is there for something so simple comparatively... its a great bargain to do
Shouldn't be too hard to swap out the housings for what I'm sure will be some Leno replacements....
Old 06-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #39
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I still believe we are seeing the next Z/28 right before our eyes with Leno/TF3 Bumble Bee Camaro, so we will have the choice of either car in the next 12 months hopefully to help drive all of us absolutely crazy with excitement. Just my opinion and wish, everything is gained by having more choices from the factory.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #40
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

As I was looking at the pics from Oshawa I was noticing that the projection lens is quite dark in daylight when it isn't in use. I like that.

I think that if the final design is as the current prototype, I'll try a blackout cover over the daytime running lamps before considering going to an aftermarket Leno style replacement. I do like the projection lamp's functionality.

Generally in fog though, I get by fine with a combination of low beams & "slow the heck down." That's why my aesthetic appreciation of the style is more important to me. I just don't care for the roundness of the DRLs. I absolutely lust after the ZL1 styling as a whole, but that one tiny thing bothers me just a little. I can't help thinking of a bug with too many eyes.

I'm planning to add the T-Rex Phantom upper grill, so imagine a ZL1 with blackout lenses over the DRLs with this grill. I think it'll be freakin' Sinister. Paint will be either Darth Vader Black or maybe CGM if they resolve the paint issue and have it available by the time ordering starts. I think CGM would be just light enough to make the grill, fog lamp assembly, black stripes and hood extractor features stand out a bit.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #41
Fat_Nick

Drives: 04 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Oh that's pure sex right there I tells ya!

RK Sports Rear Valance|Banshee Hood|WSC SAP Grills & Front Fascia|VX Tails|Spoiler Delete|DDM HID|Alpine & JL Audio ICE|Monster Stage 3|GMM Street/LSS/Hurst|TxSpd-MS4 CAM & 100mm MAF|SLP UD Pulley|Custom Exhaust|Kooks LT|SNL Custom 4" CAI|PRC Stage 1 Heads|WRP & SSEEYA Ported FAST 92mm IMF|92mm FAST TB|Phoenix Tuned 474.4whp 410 ft/lbs

New Project Vehicle Coming Soon
Fat_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #42
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Nick View Post
Oh that's pure sex right there I tells ya!

Haha, thanks. I agree.

I may need to carry a roll of plastic to cover the back seat.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote