Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
ZL1 rear spoiler for a 2SS

Has anyone done a ZL1 rear spoiler for a direct replacement for the 2SS rear one? looking to purchase it and the ZL1 wheels!!!! If anyone has seen it or done it please let me know.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Yes the spoiler and wheels

The spoiler will fit but you will need to do a few things.

1. Drill a new hole in the deck lid for the 3rd brake light wire
2. Either drill 2 new holes in your deck lid or cut off the 2 new posts on the spoiler (I did this).
3. Fill in the 3 remaining holes left by the OEM spoiler (the 3 holes are right under the 3rd brake light).

Since you car is a 2010 if you remove your spoiler and you notice your paint is chipping you can use the TSB out by GM to have the trunk lid re-painted if you have a good relationship with your dealership they will fill in the holes as part of the re-paint. My dealership did this all costs covered.

You will love the spoiler

Sean
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Yes the spoiler and wheels

The spoiler will fit but you will need to do a few things.

1. Drill a new hole in the deck lid for the 3rd brake light wire
2. Either drill 2 new holes in your deck lid or cut off the 2 new posts on the spoiler (I did this).
3. Fill in the 3 remaining holes left by the OEM spoiler (the 3 holes are right under the 3rd brake light).

Since you car is a 2010 if you remove your spoiler and you notice your paint is chipping you can use the TSB out by GM to have the trunk lid re-painted if you have a good relationship with your dealership they will fill in the holes as part of the re-paint. My dealership did this all costs covered.

You will love the spoiler

Sean
Sean,
Where did you get the zl1 spoiler?how much it cost plus the install?I saw one in CGM at the shop and I feel in love with the look. I also have GFX and ZL1 conversion.

Raf
JustRaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Hi I purchased mine from Gary for $418 painted and shipped.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196947

I installed mine it was very easy I cut off the two posts on the ZL1 spoiler so it will use the factory holes in the deck lid, and drilled 1 hole for the wiring harness.

Now the issue is once you install the spoiler you will have two holes under the 3rd brake light you have two options. I would plan on $300 to fill in the holes and re-paint the deck lid.

Since you car is white I would opt for option # 1 a cheap solution and on white you would never know you had the plugs I have seen several on the forum go this route.

1. Email Maureen from Rodgers Chevrolet she sells plugs you can paint to cover the holes.

or
2. Have your holes filled in and the deck lid and re-painted since my car is a 2010 I lucked out because I had the spoiler paint chip issues GM has a TSB out on this and it requires the deck lid to be repainted at no cost, the dealership filled the holes in for me.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 AM   #5
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
How did you connect the 3rd brake light?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
Slake
eeeeeeeeee

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS LS3
What did you mean by the TSB from GM for the deck lid repaint?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
How did you connect the 3rd brake light?
http://www.gen5diy.com I purchase the wiring harness from Ofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slake View Post
What did you mean by the TSB from GM for the deck lid repaint?
GM Issues a TSB for the spoiler paint chip issue it calls for the spoiler and deck lid to be re-painted mine fell into this issue so the dealership re-painted the decklid, and filled in the holes at no cost.

Sean
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
TLSTWIN

Is there a how to or a instructional area on how to remove that side panel to access the wiring area?

I got my harness from him today, but have no clue on how to remove the panel.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #9
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
i bought mine painted off of ebay for 165 shipped and it was brand new. i used rubber grammets to plug the hole. it was great quality and i only had to drill one hole for the wire. also i didnt have to have any special wiring harness either
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerisbetter View Post
i bought mine painted off of ebay for 165 shipped and it was brand new. i used rubber grammets to plug the hole. it was great quality and i only had to drill one hole for the wire. also i didnt have to have any special wiring harness either
You'll need some way to connect it. if you want the brake light to work, or does it come with a different style end?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
it is just a wire i have already wired mine in using an inline splice on the brake light.
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Is there a how to or a instructional area on how to remove that side panel to access the wiring area?

I got my harness from him today, but have no clue on how to remove the panel.
I never found one what I had to do is remove the kick panel on the passenger side (the one that runs along the edge of the door sill (they just pop off), the same for the side panel it pops off once that is removed you will see where the OEM 3rd Brake light is connected you have the option to unplug the brake light in the window and just run the one on the spoiler or you have have both plugged in.

Sean
Old 08-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
stahn_ye

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
So I just bought my 2013 2ss/rs and at the dealer I purchased the ZL1 spoiler... With all the mods, they have to fill the 3 extra holes with bondo and repaint. Sux. just bought a new car and already there is bondo in it :(

Question is that if I purchase the ZL1 wheels, are they a direct fit? Or am I going to have to do some more modifications and cut things up...?
stahn_ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahn_ye View Post
So I just bought my 2013 2ss/rs and at the dealer I purchased the ZL1 spoiler... With all the mods, they have to fill the 3 extra holes with bondo and repaint. Sux. just bought a new car and already there is bondo in it :(

Question is that if I purchase the ZL1 wheels, are they a direct fit? Or am I going to have to do some more modifications and cut things up...?
direct fit to the car, you will need different rubber/tires though