Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I'm guessing Tag liked the radio.
And for good reason man. It was great. Even down at low volumes the bass was still present. And all the way at the top, you just wouldnt believe the clarity in the sound. Fantastic.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
GM figured they would like those burnt orange colors in Austin!
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #17
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
GM figured they would like those burnt orange colors in Austin!
Lol. Yes, certainly a good play. Hookem Horns!

Semper Fi!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

The G8 was actually one of my favorites. I can't belive you snuck out the door and drove one. I forgot all about the ones that were outside.

Nice Move!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by mlee; 04-18-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: G6 to G8 LOL
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
The G6 was actually one of my favorites. I can't belive you snuck out the door and drove one. I forgot all about the ones that were outside.

Nice Move!!!
G6? Really? Not the G8?

And thank you! I was pleased.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #20
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

Drives: 2010 2SS, Silver Ice
I was at the show today in Austin. Great presentation from GM even though the "product experts" didn't know as much as the Camaro5 peeps. Was good to meet Scott and Craig, that guy who let us drive it. I was stunned for them to say, get outside and you can take a spin. I though I would get a ride, not drive. The roads were really wet, so you couldn't really get on it, but you could certainly feel the power waiting to be unleashed. Great ride, tight steering and responsive brakes and throttle. The BA radio is the only way to go....sounds awesome. I was not a fan of the IOM unitl I saw it today. With the gray stripes it is very sharp. When we saw it coming down the road I got goosebumps. I felt about 7' tall and extremely lucky when I got out. We are going to LOVE these cars.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #21
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
" Boston Acoustics was magical. " I'm guessing he means it was awesome!
No, he means that a rabbit popped out when he said abracadabra!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #22
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
Certainly. After getting in and out of the SKY amd the Solstice, I wasnt overly impressed by build quality, the doors rattled when you closed them and such. Possibly pre-pro problems, but it just made me even more pleased with the camaro's quality.
My doors on my SKY do not rattle. Be careful going by the show cars, they take extreme abuse in many cities. The SKY is a very Solid Build, The camaro has a heavier feel, but solid and heavy are two different things. And there are very thick beams in the doors as well. I have actually gone to the SKY/Solstice/Opel plant in Delaware and toured the assembly line during a production day, so I have seen every part of these cars bare.....they are VERY solid. But one is a convertible and one is a coupe, so of course a door close feels different.

Just my 2 cents since I will be owning BOTH of the cars you commented on, and have owned my SKY Redline for over 2 years and 12,000 miles. It is an awesome car, that gets a boat load of looks and comments due to its design and rarity! And I also have had very few issues, and many days of sunny bliss (including today)
Old 04-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
G6? Really? Not the G8?

And thank you! I was pleased.

Yeah... what you said... G8. My mind was still going in circles about your drive!!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #24
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
My doors on my SKY do not rattle. Be careful going by the show cars, they take extreme abuse in many cities. The SKY is a very Solid Build, The camaro has a heavier feel, but solid and heavy are two different things. And there are very thick beams in the doors as well. I have actually gone to the SKY/Solstice/Opel plant in Delaware and toured the assembly line during a production day, so I have seen every part of these cars bare.....they are VERY solid. But one is a convertible and one is a coupe, so of course a door close feels different.

Just my 2 cents since I will be owning BOTH of the cars you commented on, and have owned my SKY Redline for over 2 years and 12,000 miles. It is an awesome car, that gets a boat load of looks and comments due to its design and rarity! And I also have had very few issues, and many days of sunny bliss (including today)
Thats kind of what I was thinking. They probably have taken some serious abuse. But as I was saying, at the time, it just made the camaros look better. Sorry to inaccurately bash your vehicle.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #25
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Yeah... what you said... G8. My mind was still going in circles about your drive!!
Haha. I hear ya. Id be upset for sure. Yeah, those G8's are nice. Seen a few videos of twin turboed G8's on youtube.... WOAH!

Semper Fi!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #26
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Thanks for the info on the BA system. I was not impressed with the Bose on my other GM cars (especially the CTS) or the Monsoon on the earlier models (too much boom/thump in the Monsoon). More reasons now to be looking forward to delivery!
And great to hear GM is planning on ABL and possibly HUD possibly being retroed to early production models at a later date. You guys just made my day.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #27
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Hey guys...just got home too.

Boston Acoustics was REALLY impressive. I turned it up and again, was impressed. My wife really liked it too and said it sounded great. That means a lot coming from her. This is why I always wanted BA for the sound system. GM kicked @ss and listened on this one!

Throttle response really is AWESOME in the auto...I mean....woah!

Ambient lighting was working in the SS's. During the day, you can't see it. At night, it's a soft glow. You had to cup your hands around or put something above the light to create a shadow in order to see the light. It did look GOOD! ABL won't be available on the first year run, but the team is still working on the issue with the dash to have it available for the next year run. They also realize that first year buyers will want to upgrade/retrofit their ABL to have it installed in the dash....they are working on making this transition possible for first year buyers.

I was very impressed with the cars at the show. Even through I got to drive Dons yellow SS here in San Antonio last month, I must say....... That OM 2SS was a HUGE refreshment!!!

ON another note.....

At first sight (and on a Solstice), I didn't really like the Inferno Orange Metallic. Now? I LOVE IT. IT IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! All you guys who think it's a color that is just a bit off REALLY need to see it IN PERSON on the Camaro. Holy.....
So do you think you made the right choice in getting Cyber grey vs the Inferno Orange?? I am glad to hear the ABL on the dash is going to be worked on for next years run. Can you find out if it is possible to get it installed on a 1SS as well?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #28
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
did they say the ABL wasnt going to be available this year? I thought they were already putting it on the doors? Or did he mean the dash for next year?
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive, iom, sound, ss v8