Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
Looks like a friction burn. Maybe the seatbelt rubbed across the outside of the strap?

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE U NV View Post
Looks like a friction burn. Maybe the seatbelt rubbed across the outside of the strap?
Good eye... looking at the the way the belt sits on the seat inside the loop I think you are right.... that would mean this is a design flaw... you can't keep the belt inside the loop when your pulling it to latch in.......
For those with Recaro's - you have been warned, be sure to "lift" the belt as your pulling it

For the Chevy Cust Svc that's on this string better get with your quality department fast otherwise I think you will start seeing a lot of warranty complaints with this if the seats continue to be shipped as is -

IMHO
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Recaro Defect

Look what I found this morning......

It's not like my car spent 3 weeks in Quality Control or anything, oh wait - she did.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378047789.054642.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  273.9 KB

It does look like a friction burn though.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
Mines doesn't look like that
But the way I yank/pull my seatbelt with force when buckling up, I can easily see it becoming a problem soon
I hate being heavy handed

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #19
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Mines doesn't look like that
But the way I yank/pull my seatbelt with force when buckling up, I can easily see it becoming a problem soon
I hate being heavy handed
I don't even think its from yanking on it. I never really have people in the back seat, so I guess it's from buckling/unbuckling and the belt dragging across the seat.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool1LE View Post
Good eye... looking at the the way the belt sits on the seat inside the loop I think you are right.... that would mean this is a design flaw... you can't keep the belt inside the loop when your pulling it to latch in.......
For those with Recaro's - you have been warned, be sure to "lift" the belt as your pulling it

For the Chevy Cust Svc that's on this string better get with your quality department fast otherwise I think you will start seeing a lot of warranty complaints with this if the seats continue to be shipped as is -

IMHO
Understandable,

I will consult some resources regarding this. Thanks for sharing/the heads up.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #21
The Stig

Quote:

IMHO
Tried it and you're right. You need to pull the seatbelt out before you can pull it down.

Wish I had known this earlier.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #22
Cool1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Tried it and you're right. You need to pull the seatbelt out before you can pull it down.

Wish I had known this earlier.
Sorry I didn't notice earlier!! Mine is well past yours...

One of the things I felt good about going into 2014 model was the platform (engine, etc.) hadn't changed so I didn't need to worry about "new design" issues..... never expected a Recaro/Chevy hook up to be in this category Honestly you would think this would have come up from the Recaro guys when they were shown how the seat would sit in the car......
Old 09-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Sorry I didn't notice earlier!! Mine is well past yours...

One of the things I felt good about going into 2014 model was the platform (engine, etc.) hadn't changed so I didn't need to worry about "new design" issues..... never expected a Recaro/Chevy hook up to be in this category Honestly you would think this would have come up from the Recaro guys when they were shown how the seat would sit in the car......
Maybe not Recaro, but from the test mules at least.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #24
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
This is my 2010 I've had since September of 09. Its got some light scuffing but nothing like whats above. This is a daily driver too. I do pull out and down though when i buckle my seat belt.
Attached Images

Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #25
Cool1LE

If you look at how close your loop is to the edge I think this is the difference, 14 Recaro's have a lot of bulk for the seatbelt to rub...is the leather soft? I noticed the leather is REALLY soft on the shoulder pieces.

So I went to the dealer and they ordered "the back cover" - I clarified that they were going to reupholster and not just cover it up and they told me yes.... fixes the damage but not the design..... I also wonder how long I will be without the car.... sounds like a good winter project
Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #26
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Thought I'd upload a pic of leather seats from 2SS/RS 2012. Ours has a padding under the loop:
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
If you look at how close your loop is to the edge I think this is the difference, 14 Recaro's have a lot of bulk for the seatbelt to rub...is the leather soft? I noticed the leather is REALLY soft on the shoulder pieces.

So I went to the dealer and they ordered "the back cover" - I clarified that they were going to reupholster and not just cover it up and they told me yes.... fixes the damage but not the design..... I also wonder how long I will be without the car.... sounds like a good winter project
Yes the leather is soft. I clean and condition it regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Thought I'd upload a pic of leather seats from 2SS/RS 2012. Ours has a padding under the loop:
Interesting. I wonder if they'll do this with the recaros now. Because i doubt these will be isolated incidents
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #28
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I have the base cloth seats so I don't have those wear issues, but there has to be a better design than the loops. I hate discovering that my latch has gone through the loop. It's such a pain in the arse to reach all the way back and grab it.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote