Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #15
cuda_z28

Drives: 1994 Quasar Z28, 2010 SIM 2SS, 6M
I ordered a skip shift eliminator a few months back and last week a Lighting Harness. Both products I recieved in a timely manner. I have had no problems with either transactions.

Adaptive makes a very good product.
cuda_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
I ordered a DRL plug-n-play harness. Didn't hassle them and received an update from paypal that it was going to ship and from order to in my home was around ten days.

NO COMPLAINTS HERE. The product works perfectly. No Splicing or tapping which made it worth the wait and gamble.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
I too ordered when they fist came out received my part in very quick timming good packaging and a high quality product. Has worked as described. Very sorry to hear of these other problems. Just my opinion but I think as consumers we need to remember the new Camaro has not even been out for a full year yet and that these vendors are trying to meet our demands as fast as possible. Alot of them are home grown cottage industries not familiar with going business yet and are having to learn that curv very quickly. I would suggest to the vendors take your time to develop and not let us force you to be ready to soon. And as customers we need to remember to do our deligence when ordering from new companies. This car is going to be around for a while and our requests for mods will be as well. Just wait for the real explosion of Camaro parts at the 2010 Sema show. This year was nothing. Ok getting off my soap box
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #18
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Well I had no problem ordering. I ordered and about a week later I recieved. I tried to install 3 weeks ago and it didn't work. After trying to contact Adaptive I decided to open everything up and see if I can find any problems it was a bad diode. Adaptive finanlly contacted me and told me to return the harness. So I mailed the harness on 3/22 certified mail I know they recieved it but no response from them about an update. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Well I just recieved my new harness from adaptive and it works. I think you guys with problems should keep emailing him until he answers.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #20
131 SS
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by seddon View Post
Well I just recieved my new harness from adaptive and it works. I think you guys with problems should keep emailing him until he answers.
Glad to hear everything worked out.

I received mine in a timely fashion. Install coming this week.

Mike
131 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #21
riverrattcom

Drives: 2010 2SS RS SIM
I ordered a DRL harness from them, got my order in about 9 Days, and the Harness works just as described.

No Complaints here.
riverrattcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #22
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Breaking News

Update:

Got an email from Adaptive Performance today and he requested that I send the defective unit (harness) back and he would take care of me.
As I stated to him in my last email (he responded to my very first one) I really don't need or want the harness now as he forced me to go an alternative route due to the lack of communications.

All I want is a refund to my Paypal account and we'll call it lovely.

I'll keep you all posted as this issue isn't resolved until I'm satisfied. I think you all know or get where I'm coming from on this.

Peace!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #23
chozn4service

My complaint is now closed with positive ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Update:

Got an email from Adaptive Performance today and he requested that I send the defective unit (harness) back and he would take care of me.
As I stated to him in my last email (he responded to my very first one) I really don't need or want the harness now as he forced me to go an alternative route due to the lack of communications.

All I want is a refund to my Paypal account and we'll call it lovely.

I'll keep you all posted as this issue isn't resolved until I'm satisfied. I think you all know or get where I'm coming from on this.

Peace!

Well, I mailed off the harness back to Adaptive Performance on Saturday and I got confirmation it was received and signed for on Monday 4/12.
I sent an email to Patrick Marlow DBA Adaptive Performance that my tracking showed he had the defective part and since it took so long for him to get back to me on the matter, I would be better served with a refund since I decided to go another route with this modification with the DRLs. Within a few minutes I got an email from Adaptive that they did have it and they would be forwarding me a Full Refund to my Paypal account which has just taken place.

My issue with this company is now closed. I thankful that they did eventually get in touch with me and they did give me my money back.
I think the product they're selling is a good product for what it is intended to do when it's not defective.

To date, myself and Seddon have been the only two who have had issue with this wiring harness to the best of my knowledge.
I will also say that I did contact Adaptive Performance through PMs to avoid any issues on the board or blasting him/them in a public forum. It was only when I wasn't getting any response that I decided to come public and I gave good reason and complete detail of the situation.
Now that I've been made whole again and restored back the condition I was in prior to ordering, I can only say that anyone who orders or buys anything from anyone will have to make up your own mind as to what you should do and how to handle situations should there be problems. I suggest you keep all packaging, receipts and emails just in case.

I now drop the gavel on the desk, this case is closed!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #24
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
DRL Harness

I believe I ordered after you without talking to Adaptive Automotive and recieved my products within a few days. I am happy with my product but I believe the way they are conducting business is just wrong. If you notice in their forum they only posted on the front page then just disappeared completely! Also customers are having problems with their harnesses and they do not respond to the issues in a timely matter and sometimes not even at all and it is really bad on their part. It's almost like they are swindling people who end up with a defective product its like a 50/50 chance!!!

Anyways to the OP I hope everything turns out well for you man i definitely feel for you because I too have been ripped off by a company on this forum but instead of it being $38 it was $935! but Goodluck to you sir.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #25
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
you do know to get the halo's to come on with the DRL's and to keep the DRL's on at night is to just run a wire from the power/ground of the DRL to the power/ground of the sidemarker!

easy install, all you need are 4 wire taps and 2 feet of wire. and completely reversible.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #26
3GPa

Drives: SOLD/2SS/RS Painted Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS View Post
The skip shift eliminator was the first thing I ordered for my car. I ordered on June 12th but have received nothing from Adaptive, no product, no emails returned, nada. Bumping this for anyone else that doesn't know.
I ordered the RS Foglight/DRL harness on 6/10. I have sent e-mails to the Pay-Pal account and to the contact e-mail on the web-site. No responses.
It's really to bad, products look good, but no customer service.
Next step is to file with Pay-Pal
3GPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #27
3GPa

Drives: SOLD/2SS/RS Painted Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GPa View Post
I ordered the RS Foglight/DRL harness on 6/10. I have sent e-mails to the Pay-Pal account and to the contact e-mail on the web-site. No responses.
It's really to bad, products look good, but no customer service.
Next step is to file with Pay-Pal

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
I receved an e-mail today. It has shipped and I have a tracking number!!!

3GPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #28
chozn4service

Good luck as I'm still trying to get my refund. Focker!