Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Hate the Gen 6.. Then get yourself a Mustang

To the folks that have been complaining about what the Gen 6 MAY look like, and stated they will be getting a new Mustang... Go right ahead!!!.. I saw one this morning on the highway and it looks horrid rolling!!... Why does the ass look like it's dragging??... Like it has 20 center blocks in the trunk... The Camaro has one of the best looking stance or lean on a sports car... I look for them to continue that. I'm sticking with GM!!

Last edited by sonnydurden; 11-15-2014 at 01:15 PM.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Amen, brother. I saw one on the street the other day, and I think that Ford seriously missed the mark with the new 'Stang. It totally wouldn't surprise me if the new Mustang continues to be outsold by the 'old' Camaro over the next 12 months.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
It's all subjective. Who cares?

I think the new Mustang looks decent. I am not as big of a fan of the rear as I was when I just saw it in pictures. It seems a little squished or that it needs a lip spoiler.

I have a 2013 GT and will probably trade it in for a 2016 Camaro as I think GM will fix the shortcomings of the 5th gen, think it will perform better, and I'll probably like the looks better than the Mutang. 1LE looks like an absolute beast next to a Mustang GT, 2015 or earlier. As far as the SS without a 1LE package goes, it just depends for me. Some I like, some I don't.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Amen, brother. I saw one on the street the other day, and I think that Ford seriously missed the mark with the new 'Stang. It totally wouldn't surprise me if the new Mustang continues to be outsold by the 'old' Camaro over the next 12 months.
I think you are right.. What a way for the 5th to go out... On top!!
Old 11-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
It's all subjective. Who cares?

I think the new Mustang looks decent. I am not as big of a fan of the rear as I was when I just saw it in pictures. It seems a little squished or that it needs a lip spoiler.

I have a 2013 GT and will probably trade it in for a 2016 Camaro as I think GM will fix the shortcomings of the 5th gen, think it will perform better, and I'll probably like the looks better than the Mutang. 1LE looks like an absolute beast next to a Mustang GT, 2015 or earlier. As far as the SS without a 1LE package goes, it just depends for me. Some I like, some I don't.
Then you understand what I mean about the rear.. It makes it look "Not" sporty.. The previous Mustang I loved. Even the lower models had a nice stance..
Old 11-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
I very much like the new stang.. I just love GM cars and the simplicity their v8's offer. The 1LE looks super bad ass also. Much better than a stang in my opinion. I cringe everytime a ford fanboy starts talking smack about the LS engines, as if modular motors somehow are superior in every way. Each engine has it's pro's and cons.

Ultimately my buying decision will be based on weight engine and looks. And affordability here. If everything were equal i would go with the camaro as i have always been driving GM cars though.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #7
sonnydurden

Even the Mustang forums are saying the same thing!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ngs&p=14534640
Old 11-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
The aftermarket suspension companies must be loving the awkward stance of the new mustang because orders for lowering spring kits must be through the roof right now
Old 11-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #9
stratosphere

Drives: 2015 Stingray & 2011 Cruze
I think the new Mustang looks good, finally seen one in person over the last week or two. I can't complain about the new Camaro because i haven't seen it yet.

As for buying a Mustang, no, i will just keep the new Stingray
stratosphere is offline   Reply With Quote