Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
rk sport spoiler installed, black on silver

I'm so excited and annoyed. I just went to go pick up my car from the body shop with my new rk sport installed and I love the way it looks but I went to check it out before I paid for it and there were two obvious blemishes which is very frustrating so I left the car there so they can fix it tormorrow. I can't believe they didn't notice them. There is a divit right in the middle of it and another scratch or crevise on the top of the left side, both are plain as day. I saw some rough spots on the spoiler when it was raw so I can see how this could happen but I'm trying to figure out if it looked fine when they got done and this happened after it finished drying or if it looked like this right when they got done painting it? Either way it doesn't reflect well on them but if it was there the whole time and they just quit working on it then that is terrible workmanship whereas if this happened later and they just didnt' look at it after it dried then that is bad quality control. Which do you think happened?
Attached Images

Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looks great and you don't want to hear my horror story about the last paint shop I delt with.
The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. To make a long story short - I had to have my car (the part they painted) re-painted to fix the crappy job they did (after waiting 4 days without my car).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Looks great and you don't want to hear my horror story about the last paint shop I delt with.
The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. To make a long story short - I had to have my car (the part they painted) re-painted to fix the crappy job they did (after waiting 4 days without my car).
Man you are scaring me already. I had them do my bumper and everything looks ok on it except some of the inner parts like around the grill are a little rough to the touch but he said that was because those areas are very difficult to sand but if there were any problems with the paint that they would take care of it. Now this. I hope I don't have any issues down the road, I don't think I'll be using them again.
Mods to date: Black ice-olator, Vmax ported throttle body, doug thorley cat back exhaust, cold air inductions intake, rx catch can, vn 805 18" rims, tinted windows-20% in back and 35% in front, SS front bumper,RK sport spoiler painted gloss black, hood spears, gill inserts, trunk blackout, and bowtie blackouts with autobot. Wish list: GM cup and footwell lighting, t2 or t3 bumper (f that price), fender dashes, and...
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote