Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #1

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
XM goes into the preview mode for no apparent reason

I have a 2013 2LT Camaro that is is about 7 months old now. I have experienced this problem twice since new. Once, when the car was 2 months pld, I was on a long trip listening to the XM radio and it all of a sudden went into the preview mode. If I pressed any of my presets it would say "unauthorized" and go to channel 1 preview. I called XM while driving and told them what happened, they said they would send a refresh signal to my car. Long story short, it did not fix my problem. Back on the phone again they said to pull over, shut the car off and open the driver's door for about a minute and then close the door and restart the car. Sounds goofy but I did do this and believe it or not, I had all my XM presets working again. This brings me to this morning. I started my car to head to work and I am back in the preview mode and all my presets say "unauthorized". I turned off the radio and waited a minute and turned it back on while driving. Still preview mode. I got to work parked the car, turned off the radio and ignition and opened the drivers door for about 30 seconds. I turned the ignition back on and turned on my radio and all of my presets are working properly. Has anyone had that happen? Since I probably can't get it to duplicate the problem at the dealer I am probably screwed to find a fix.
8863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8863 View Post
I have a 2013 2LT Camaro that is is about 7 months old now. I have experienced this problem twice since new. Once, when the car was 2 months pld, I was on a long trip listening to the XM radio and it all of a sudden went into the preview mode. If I pressed any of my presets it would say "unauthorized" and go to channel 1 preview. I called XM while driving and told them what happened, they said they would send a refresh signal to my car. Long story short, it did not fix my problem. Back on the phone again they said to pull over, shut the car off and open the driver's door for about a minute and then close the door and restart the car. Sounds goofy but I did do this and believe it or not, I had all my XM presets working again. This brings me to this morning. I started my car to head to work and I am back in the preview mode and all my presets say "unauthorized". I turned off the radio and waited a minute and turned it back on while driving. Still preview mode. I got to work parked the car, turned off the radio and ignition and opened the drivers door for about 30 seconds. I turned the ignition back on and turned on my radio and all of my presets are working properly. Has anyone had that happen? Since I probably can't get it to duplicate the problem at the dealer I am probably screwed to find a fix.

Funny thing you mention this!!!!! This morning on my 2013 Camaro 2LT you same condition happened to me also. Since I had the radio replaced I had to have my signal refreshed 4-5 times. What's up with this "My-Link" system.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
mailclerk

Hi you all,

Just spoke to an XM radio rep over the internet and he indicated they're having some satallite issues that'll be cleared uo by the end of the day.

Mail Clerk
Old 11-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailclerk View Post

Funny thing you mention this!!!!! This morning on my 2013 Camaro 2LT you same condition happened to me also. Since I had the radio replaced I had to have my signal refreshed 4-5 times. What's up with this "My-Link" system.

Mail Clerk
definitely has to be an XM issue because mine was stuck in preview this morning as well.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
mailclerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
definitely has to be an XM issue because mine was stuck in preview this morning as well.
Hitman84,

Well this morning when I was driving to work all seems well now. Obviously it was a problem on the XM side.

Mail Clerk
Old 11-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
On both my Camaro and Vue with XM has done that recently a couple times. So I am sure it's not a car issue but a XM problem.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #7
hopin to cash

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS INFERNO ORANGE
same here in Ohio

Yep same thing here in Ohio, can we get another free...lol
hopin to cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:07 AM   #8
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Mine did it on the way to work the other day too. I was going to do a "refresh" on the way home that day, but when I got in the car, everything was back.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
mine did it on saturday too. for several hours. i asked the dealer when i had it there for another reason. of course, murphys law, i bring service guy out to my car to show it and then it worked. but, yeah, it was weird. but, during that time, i found out i had pandora on my phone and it linked to car easily. that was neat.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
mine did it a couple times last week!
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I read somewhere that solar flares are real bad right now, I wonder if that is what may be causing the problem...
Old 11-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
mailclerk

Kinda make me wonder just how vunerable our space satelites communications are! Solar flares do interfer with the connections. In this case the issue is not our radios but on the XM radio side. Mine is fixed and has been running well since it was refreshed.

Mail Clerk