Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #57
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
does anyone else think these umps are getting out of hand..? these guys think they run the damn game now ..you're there to officiate the game not to run it.. let the players play.. why is a little emotion getting guys kicked out of games..? it grinds my gears...
Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #58
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
does anyone else think these umps are getting out of hand..? these guys think they run the damn game now ..you're there to officiate the game not to run it.. let the players play.. why is a little emotion getting guys kicked out of games..? it grinds my gears...
i agreed with that until i saw Carlos Quentin get away with assaulting Zack Grienke.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #59
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i agreed with that until i saw Carlos Quentin get away with assaulting Zack Grienke.
i dont see that being an umpire issue... dumb move by greinke taking a quentin charge in the shoulder area.. your asking for a shoulder/arm injury by positioning yourself that way when a 250 lb guy is coming at you full force.. if greinke stands properly to fight theres no injury and it goes down as any other old fashioned fight..
Old 05-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #60
JimiBlaze

Drives: 2013 BRM LS M6
Recent newb to the forum and just found this awesome thread. Huge Redlegs fan here!! Glad to see a few other Reds fans have posted on this thread also. Just finished off a sweep of the stupid Cubs (nothing makes me happier than sweeping those losers!) and hope to continue the hot streak at home against the ATL tonight.
GO REDS!!!
JimiBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #61
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

So with the 2013 All Star game ballots being released recently i wanted to throw my picks out there for what my all start line ups would look like after the first 1 1/2 months of play.. i know theres still 2 months before the event but alot of guys have been putting up all star starter numbers already and here's my picks for Jim Leyland and Bruce Bochy..
NL
1B - Paul Goldschmidt (Dbacks)
2B - Brandon Phillips (Reds)
3B - Pablo Sandoval (Giants)
SS - Troy Tulowitzki (Rockies)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (Rockies)
CF - Sin Soo Choo (Reds)
RF - Bryce Harper (Nats)
C - Buster Posey (Giants)
SP - Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers)
Closer - Jason Grilli (Pirates)
DH - Justin Upton (Dbacks)/Ryan Braun (Brewers)

AL
1B - Chris Davis (Orioles)
2B - Robinson Cano (Yanks)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Tigers)
SS - Jed Lowrie (A's)
LF - Mike Trout (Angels)
CF - Adam Jones (Orioles)
RF - Alex Rios (White Sox)
C - Carlos Santana (Indians)
SP - Felix Hernandez (Mariners)
Closer - Mariano Rivera (Yanks)
DH - Vernon Wells (Yanks)/Mark Trumo (Angels)

Last edited by RayZ28; 05-17-2013 at 12:50 PM.
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #62
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #63
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
So with the 2013 All Star game ballots being released recently i wanted to throw my picks out there for what my all start line ups would look like after the first 1 1/2 months of play.. i know theres still 2 months before the event but alot of guys have been putting up all star starter numbers already and here's my picks for Jim Leyland and Bruce Bochy..
NL
1B - Paul Goldschmidt (Dbacks)
2B - Brandon Phillips (Reds)
3B - Pablo Sandoval (Giants)
SS - Troy Tulowitzki (Rockies)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (Rockies)
CF - Sin Soo Choo (Reds)
RF - Bryce Harper (Nats)
C - Buster Posey (Giants)
SP - Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers)
Closer - Jason Grilli (Pirates)
DH - Justin Upton (Dbacks)/Ryan Braun (Brewers)

AL
1B - Chris Davis (Orioles)
2B - Robinson Cano (Yanks)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Tigers)
SS - Jed Lowrie (A's)
LF - Mike Trout (Angels)
CF - Adam Jones (Orioles)
RF - Alex Rios (White Sox)
C - Carlos Santana (Indians)
SP - Felix Hernandez (Mariners)
Closer - Mariano Rivera (Yanks)
DH - Vernon Wells (Yanks)/Mark Trumo (Angels)
Gotta have Manny Machado over Miguel Cabrera. He leads the majors in WAR and has outperformed his "contemporaries" Trout and Harper. Go for the best player, not the name brand! Not to say Cabrera isn't deserving - he totally is... Just that Manny deserves it more
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #64
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Gotta have Manny Machado over Miguel Cabrera. He leads the majors in WAR and has outperformed his "contemporaries" Trout and Harper. Go for the best player, not the name brand! Not to say Cabrera isn't deserving - he totally is... Just that Manny deserves it more
WAR is all he's got really.. they both lack defensive accolades but Cabrera has almost twice as many HR RBI & Walks.. over .020 higher BA.. AND almost .100 higher OPS.. good year for Machado no doubt.. if he can keep it up for another month and a half and cabrera lets off a bit he can definitely be a possibility.. unfortunately with fans voting this is really a popularity contest so i dont think we will see Machado starting an all star game anytime soon..
by the way he's not up there with Trout and Harper.. not yet.. give me a full season of these numbers and we'll consider that..
Old 05-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #65
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
WAR is all he's got really.. they both lack defensive accolades but Cabrera has almost twice as many HR RBI & Walks.. over .020 higher BA.. AND almost .100 higher OPS.. good year for Machado no doubt.. if he can keep it up for another month and a half and cabrera lets off a bit he can definitely be a possibility.. unfortunately with fans voting this is really a popularity contest so i dont think we will see Machado starting an all star game anytime soon..
by the way he's not up there with Trout and Harper.. not yet.. give me a full season of these numbers and we'll consider that..
And WAR is a relatively all-inclusive stat. So when you say WAR is all he has, you're basically saying he has provided more value to his team than anyone else. Cabrera has him with the bat, but Manny has amazed just about everyone with the glove, which is why his WAR is the best in the majors. The issue is that it's a popularity contest and many baseball fans arent well-educated, so regardless of stats, the reigning triple crown winner will have it. Again, not that he's not worthy, just that his season to date is not as good as Machado's.

As far as the trout/Harper comparison, he's right there. Granted this article is written by a Baltimore columnist, so it may be biased, but the numbers are the numbers. Can't argue with those. Manny is there.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#secti.../?related=true
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #66
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
And WAR is a relatively all-inclusive stat. So when you say WAR is all he has, you're basically saying he has provided more value to his team than anyone else. Cabrera has him with the bat, but Manny has amazed just about everyone with the glove, which is why his WAR is the best in the majors. The issue is that it's a popularity contest and many baseball fans arent well-educated, so regardless of stats, the reigning triple crown winner will have it. Again, not that he's not worthy, just that his season to date is not as good as Machado's.

As far as the trout/Harper comparison, he's right there. Granted this article is written by a Baltimore columnist, so it may be biased, but the numbers are the numbers. Can't argue with those. Manny is there.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#secti.../?related=true
he's on his way there.. like i said its just a matter of keeping those numbers up all year long like harper and trout have since last year up until now.. too many players these days have breakout periods and then fall off.. we'll see where he is in september..
Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #67
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

How about my boy Mike Trout hitting for the cycle last night.. i was at the game and it was pretty epic watching that happen along with the 12-0 shutout on the mariners.. what a game..
Old 05-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #68
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369274582.787714.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  114.7 KB

The Cliffster was dealin' tonight....shutting out those Minnows 3-0! I see signs that a pulse does exist with these guys.

Phillies Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet!!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #69
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Fenway = Phillies house of horrors...

Phillies Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet!!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #70
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
http://wapc.mlb.com/bal/play/?tcid=mm_bal_vid&c_id=bal

Chris Davis !!
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote