Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: Does Your 2010 SS/AUTO Hesitate When You Try To Accelerate After Coasting/Cruising?
Yes, mine hesitates too. 39 57.35%
No, mine does not hesitate. 29 42.65%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Exclamation Having Problems With Your 2010 SS/AUTO L99?

If You Do Not Drive A 2010 Camaro, Or If Your 2010 Camaro Is Not Equipped With A Stock L99 Engine, Then Please Do Not Vote In The Poll.

Does Your L99 (AFM) Hesitate To Shift From V4 Mode To V8 Mode When You Begin To Accelerate After Coasting?

just trying to help a brotha out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106325

Quote:
Originally Posted by David79z28 View Post
My 2010 2SS Camaro has had a hesitation problem since I bought it 2-1/2 months ago. At any sustained speed, with or without the cruise on it heistates. The tach drops about 500 RPM for a second then jumps back up.

My dealer has another customer with the same issue. The dealer and I escalated the issue to some GM Regional Rep.

After all this time the rep tells me that this hesitation occurs on EVERY new Camaro. The Dealer dissagrees and has even let me drive other Camaros that do not do this.

Does your Camaro do this???
i've been having similar troubles myself. when i take it to the dealer and complain, i'm told that it's "a normal characteristic" - the hell it is. when they drive it on their own, they tell say "unable to duplicate customer's concern".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
could be AFM calibrations... could be auto transmission calibrations... could have something to do with the lack of sensitivity in the accelerator pedal. i'll go from coasting, to accelerating - but for a second or two it feels and sounds like it's trying to accelerate with 4 cylinders in 6th gear before it decides to downshift and fire all 8 cylinders.

i want my AFM to turn on when i've got cruise control on, or if i take my foot off the accelerator... and that's about it. i don't want it "second guessing" my intentions when i apply more pressure to the accelerator pedal.

my 2010 L99 suffers symptoms that i would describe as "hesitation" as well. BUT... i have driven a 2011 L99 that did not "hesitate" like mine does.

i was told that if there were any calibration changes made for the new model 2011, that there would not be a bulletin sent out to make changes on any 2010 model.
if you have a problem like this, please vote and describe it for us.

Last edited by KeepItGreasey; 09-18-2010 at 12:52 AM.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

thanks for the vote. i test drove a 2011 Camaro and it did not hesitate for me. it's like night and day when you compare it to my 2010.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
I added 1 for ya....
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
I am no longer stock, but when it was it never hesitated. Never missed a beat....
Old 09-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
Gone to the bowtie side
Former Ford man

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 1SS, NPP.
I can tell you exactly what the problem is. I had the same problem on my 05 mustang. The electronic throttle body is bad.
2000 - 08 Sep 09
3300 - TPW 28 Sep 09
3400 - 28 Sep 09
3800 - VIN 2G1FT1EW9A9153318
5000 - 21 Oct 09
6000 - 22 Oct 09
traded in for 2016 Camaro
Gone to the bowtie side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
must be something wrong with it, bring it back to the dealer, my L99 and has no hesitation at all from when it was stock until my mods.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #7
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone to the bowtie side View Post
I can tell you exactly what the problem is. I had the same problem on my 05 mustang. The electronic throttle body is bad.
how was your 05 Mustang diagnosed?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
must be something wrong with it, bring it back to the dealer, my L99 and has no hesitation at all from when it was stock until my mods.
the dealer just gives us the run-around. you know how they are. they figure as long as the car starts, can be driven, and can be stopped... that there is no problem unless the "engine light" comes on and they can get an error code to read. i came to the dealer with this specific problem and was told to come back when the engine light came on.

the true mechanical craftsmen are gone. we don't have people who recognize a problem when it's right in front of their faces anymore. we don't have people who know what's wrong just by describing a noise. i went down to the dealer TWICE because my power steering was noisy, and only on the second visit did they care to check the power steering fluid reservoir - it was low. guess what. the engine light doesn't come on when the power steering fluid is low.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Sorry, i dont have a v8 camaro but my 2010 camaro does this from day one it just hesitates so much and i brought it to my dealers attention and they said its normal and im like WTF no its not! if any of yall figure it out please let me know...I almost died one time. I was under a overpass and i was yeilding to the cars coming and i thought that if i gave my car gas it would go and guess what my car didnt respond and then after 2 seconds my rmps jumped and nothing happend and then the car that was coming at me slammed on the brakes i let off the gas and slammed it again, it then finally moved...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #10
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Sorry, i dont have a v8 camaro but my 2010 camaro does this from day one it just hesitates so much and i brought it to my dealers attention and they said its normal and im like WTF no its not! if any of yall figure it out please let me know...I almost died one time. I was under a overpass and i was yeilding to the cars coming and i thought that if i gave my car gas it would go and guess what my car didnt respond and then after 2 seconds my rmps jumped and nothing happend and then the car that was coming at me slammed on the brakes i let off the gas and slammed it again, it then finally moved...
thanks for the story, it gives us a good idea of the kind of "hesitation" you're experiencing. but, yours sounds like a different issue maybe. do you drive with Traction Control turned on, or off? i turn mine off before i even shift out of Park. the only time i keep mine on is if i'm driving in the rain or an icy road. i understand that you bought a CAMARO, and you expect it to perform when you punch it. is this issue easily duplicated in your 2LT? - like if you took it out right now, could you punch it and have it not take off even though your RPM's go up? if it happened only once and you have never been able to duplicate the situation, i'd say it was a fluke thing that just doesn't happen regularly at all.

when i originally created this thread, i had a different kind of "hesitation" in mind. mine was more along the lines of having the engine "hesitate" to move from V4 Mode to V8 Mode. i feel it "flutter" like it is trying to accelerate in V4 Mode instead of V8 Mode like i'm understanding it should. and this is why is is so important that LS3 drivers do not chime in on this or vote on the thread. but for LS/LT AUTO owners, it may still be relevant.

thanks for your input! i would appreciate it if everyone who votes "Yes" on the poll leaves a comment and describes their symptoms, and when & how exactly this "hesitation" exists.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #11
Sevn86

Quote:
thanks for the story, it gives us a good idea of the kind of "hesitation" you're experiencing. but, yours sounds like a different issue maybe. do you drive with Traction Control turned on, or off? i turn mine off before i even shift out of Park. the only time i keep mine on is if i'm driving in the rain or an icy road. i understand that you bought a CAMARO, and you expect it to perform when you punch it. is this issue easily duplicated in your 2LT? - like if you took it out right now, could you punch it and have it not take off even though your RPM's go up? if it happened only once and you have never been able to duplicate the situation, i'd say it was a fluke thing that just doesn't happen regularly at all.

when i originally created this thread, i had a different kind of "hesitation" in mind. mine was more along the lines of having the engine "hesitate" to move from V4 Mode to V8 Mode. i feel it "flutter" like it is trying to accelerate in V4 Mode instead of V8 Mode like i'm understanding it should. and this is why is is so important that LS3 drivers do not chime in on this or vote on the thread. but for LS/LT AUTO owners, it may still be relevant.

thanks for your input! i would appreciate it if everyone who votes "Yes" on the poll leaves a comment and describes their symptoms, and when & how exactly this "hesitation" exists.
Idk how to turn it off...so its been on i guess...but what i meant was my car hesitates to speed up when i give it gas i can see my rmps go up when i accelerate but its takes awhile before the car actually responds (I normally never stomp on the gas pedal its almost always slow/ moderate acceleration). And about being able to duplicate the issue well its happened twice so i guess if i tried to do it right now i guess i could. Like the rpms jumped to 6000 and the car just didn't go. Oh and another thing is like if im at 65 miles an hour on the freeway and i want to speed up i will press the pedal a little harder then what its currently at and thats when sometimes it doesn't respond in time. It just delays...Its just very frustrating. None of the other cars we have do this...its just my car.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #12
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Idk how to turn it off...so its been on i guess...but what i meant was my car hesitates to speed up when i give it gas i can see my rmps go up when i accelerate but its takes awhile before the car actually responds (I normally never stomp on the gas pedal its almost always slow/ moderate acceleration). And about being able to duplicate the issue well its happened twice so i guess if i tried to do it right now i guess i could. Like the rpms jumped to 6000 and the car just didn't go. Oh and another thing is like if im at 65 miles an hour on the freeway and i want to speed up i will press the pedal a little harder then what its currently at and thats when sometimes it doesn't respond in time. It just delays...Its just very frustrating. None of the other cars we have do this...its just my car.
mmmmmkayyy

well down by the gear shift there is an auxiliary power jack (cigarette lighter style) and to the left of that, there is a button. tap that button once and Traction Control will be turned off, and you'll see a yellow light (TC) show up on your instrument panel. this will give you full power to your rear wheels without holding back to keep the tires from spinning. this is why i keep it on in bad weather or bad roads... but i'm not punching it all the time either. i just like the way it feels to have T/C off compared to T/C on.

i don't think i've even brought my engine up to 6000 RPM's, and unless you're using Tap Shift - your engine RPM's shouldn't be going that high. i recommend taking your car down to the dealer, and driving it with a technician in the passenger seat.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:26 AM   #13
Sevn86

Quote:
mmmmmkayyy

well down by the gear shift there is an auxiliary power jack (cigarette lighter style) and to the left of that, there is a button. tap that button once and Traction Control will be turned off, and you'll see a yellow light (TC) show up on your instrument panel. this will give you full power to your rear wheels without holding back to keep the tires from spinning. this is why i keep it on in bad weather or bad roads... but i'm not punching it all the time either. i just like the way it feels to have T/C off compared to T/C on.

i don't think i've even brought my engine up to 6000 RPM's, and unless you're using Tap Shift - your engine RPM's shouldn't be going that high. i recommend taking your car down to the dealer, and driving it with a technician in the passenger seat.
It normally never even goes past 4000 rmps but that time i tried to get out of the other cars way it just jumped and no response from the car what so ever....i was like o shit im died, im just glad the other car stopped. then the second time it happened i was really late and the signal turned yellow and i was close to the intersection and i pressed on the accelerator and thats when it jumped again with no response...ya im gonna see if i can make time to take it in to get it checked out...but first i got to find a good dealer who takes my issues seriously and just doesn't blow me off...so does this issue seem similar to your car or is it different?
Old 09-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #14
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
It normally never even goes past 4000 rmps but that time i tried to get out of the other cars way it just jumped and no response from the car what so ever....i was like o shit im died, im just glad the other car stopped. then the second time it happened i was really late and the signal turned yellow and i was close to the intersection and i pressed on the accelerator and thats when it jumped again with no response...ya im gonna see if i can make time to take it in to get it checked out...but first i got to find a good dealer who takes my issues seriously and just doesn't blow me off...so does this issue seem similar to your car or is it different?
remember... "This happens with all the Camaro's" - isn't an answer.