Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #43
cbass

Drives: .
I use mine as a DD. I actually just transported a ladder in mine and I'm sure that would make some people cringe.

Not a bad DD and it will be mine for some time. The suspension is more stiff than a SS but personally it does not bother me. Also the stock tires are not good in cold or wet conditions so they will have to be replaced when the time comes.

As for hill assist. Maybe it is where I live, but so far I have not had it engage. Maybe I need to be on a steep hill? I am able to roll back on small inclines and haven't seen hill assist.

Is your current SS a manual? The manual on camaro's is not easy to drive. I thought it was me being out of practice not driving for years, but the clutch is unlike any other car. I don't feel bad as since I have let others drive the car. One that claimed to drive stick for 7 years, another that claimed to drive 5 years in Europe, and the last that currently drives a stick Audi and each did poorly and stalled with the current stick Audi driver doing the best, but saying it's the hardest stick car he's driven.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #44
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Simple response

If you don't have another car and you can deal with or avoid the cold weather(I did not find the wet weather to be a problem), get the car. It is totally awesome in almost everway. The engine is more responsive than a stock SS, the car outhandles all Camaros except a ZL1. With dual mode and close ratio gearbox, 3.90 gears and its light wheels and those incredible warm weather tires, ---- wow. This car begs to be driven daily. A fast car that also handles and with most all the chassis and axle upgrades needed to allow increasing the HP dramatically what else do you need. Get the dual mode exhaust,well worth it.

Jim
2013 2SS 1LE, black on black
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #45
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
there is a fairly simple fix for HSA if you don't like it
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300649

thx to SSRS1LE for the post

back to the OP: without a doubt, 1LE works very well as a DD
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #46
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I plan on using my 1LE as a DD and only car (for now). I'm strongly considering buying a set of standard SS wheels and tires to use on the street and save the stockers for the track.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #47
69Tom

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS/RS
Daily driver here. Love it. Then again, I loved having a 60's muscle car as a DD. This is much more comfortable than a 60's muscle car, but I agree with cbass on the transmission/shifter. I was pleasantly surprised when I felt the stiffer, heavier clutch, and the sometimes not super smooth shifter. It was a win-win for me. Modern reliability and technology combined with the feel of a car that you actually had to drive.

Haven't dealt with any tire issues yet as the temps haven't been below 100 and it hasn't rained while I've been driving it.

Still, I have nothing but praise for my 1LE.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #48
69Tom

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
I plan on using my 1LE as a DD and only car (for now). I'm strongly considering buying a set of standard SS wheels and tires to use on the street and save the stockers for the track.
But Mark, the black wheels look so gooooood! I don't think I could ever take mine off. Understandable if you have bad road conditions tho...
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #49
ejmjintx

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
8000 miles of use and abuse - most fun for the money in my book, HSA not a big issue just annoying, doesn't really get cold in Houston so tires not an issue - just do it
ejmjintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #50
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Mine is my DD, with 13000kms I have worn through my 1st set of rear tires and even during the flooding in Calgary and torrential down pours with almost bald tires it handled better than expected. Due to early cold weather here i do have a set of stock SS rims which I've pasti dipped black and put on my old set of General Gmax's on them. great for early spring and fall. Although I drove my last SS year round the 1LE will spend its winters in the garage. the 3.90 rear end I believe will send just a bit too much torque to the rear wheels to be all that fun during our winters.
I would trade my old SS again in a second absolutely love my 1LE as a Daily Driver
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #51
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Mine's a DD and I love it! Luckily here in South Texas it doesn't get too cold, so the tires are fine for me.

I considered another set of wheels/tires, but I love the look too much to change em. I even bought a spare set of wheels, but I'll only use one of them for an emergency spare on road trips.

I've now had my 1LE for almost 9 months and have 7k miles; wonderful DD!

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #52
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I have a second set too,but mine are the 5 spoke with Pirellis,and WOW does it change the look,i really dont like it.These tires are new, they were my other set that i was only going to use for my Silver State race,but i will just use the Goodyears for the track til i wear them out,and drive the Pirellis while i save money to buy more Goodyears.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #53
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Mine's a DD and I love it! Luckily here in South Texas it doesn't get too cold, so the tires are fine for me.

I considered another set of wheels/tires, but I love the look too much to change em. I even bought a spare set of wheels, but I'll only use one of them for an emergency spare on road trips.

I've now had my 1LE for almost 9 months and have 7k miles; wonderful DD!

Tara
I agree. The car doesn't look the same with another set of wheels. I have considered buying the replica's in 20x9 and 20x10 to save money on tires for DD and have the 20x10 and 20x11 for the track.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote