Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
buddysilva

Drives: 10 F150 SuperCrew
Smile Long term bayed questions.

Friends,
I was wondering if any of you that had your vehicles bayed for extended period figured out what they might have been doing to our cars. Did you notice more miles on it like it was moved around alot? Did you notice anything that apppears it may have been repaired or replaced? My car supposedly is in my local distribution lot. I did not see or get a gm confirmation on that yet. But like many of yours it was bayed 35 days and I just am trying to figure out why and maybe what I may expect to see when I get it.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
The one I ordered was bayed for about 30 days. It was delivered damaged, which I believe happened on the truck. It had 14 miles on it.I didn't look it over real good because there was no way I was taking it. I didn't notice anything that looked like it was replaced.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
asprex

Drives: 2012 2ss
Just got mine today. It was bayed for 42 days. Looked it over very close before buying. Could not see any damage or repaint. This has got to be the best factory paint I have seen. The only not prrfect thing is the leather on the dash.
asprex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
buddysilva

Drives: 10 F150 SuperCrew
Asprex you got me beat by a week. I'm glad your car was okay. It gives me hope that mine will be okay. Dealer has been ignoring me for two days. Mine is 80 miles away.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
asprex

Drives: 2012 2ss
I hope you get it soon. I hope the delay will result in a more durable top. Anyhow here is a quick pic of mine.
Attached Images

asprex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #6
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by asprex View Post
I hope you get it soon. I hope the delay will result in a more durable top. Anyhow here is a quick pic of mine.
Congrats!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 AM   #7
SS_Matt
permagrin

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS/RS
Convertibles will always take longer to go through QC from what I'm told.
Something was going on, whether it was a shortage of workers, a problem in the calibration of machinery or what- but something in our build month clogged up the yards/QC line and delayed a lot of people.

I wouldn't worry about your car, except for whoever handles it between now and delivery.

On another note- a friends dad gave me some advice and while talking to him he told me the largest body shops in the country are at the end of the assembly line of GM, Buick, and Ford (mainly Ford he said)

These things get beaten around in assembly and he said many have to get some body work done. Most is minor like some sanding and repainting a small area, but some he said gets ugly. The thing is- it's never told to the buying dealer or consumer- it just comes in shiny and looking new and has a warranty on the paint just like every other part of the car.

Just some food for thought, but honestly I wouldn't worry. Your car will be in soon and you're gonna love the shit out of it.