Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #15
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Think California actually had a law that they will crush your car if it is caught street racing. Not sure if that is still in effect....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I think there is a similar law here though I couldn't explicitly find it. I did find this about Ontario's street racing laws:

• The maximum fine increases from $1,000 to $10,000 upon conviction for street racing, making it the highest penalty in Canada. The minimum fine increases from $200 to $2,000.
  • Police can issue an immediate seven-day driver’s licence suspension and seven-day vehicle impoundment for street racing, participating in a driving contest or stunt driving.
  • Courts can impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction, if the second conviction occurs within 10 years of the first. For a first conviction, the maximum licence suspension period remains at 2 years.
  • The definition of a “driving stunt” includes driving a motor vehicle at 50 km/h or more above the posted speed limit.
  • The Act also bans driving a motor vehicle on a highway with a connected nitrous oxide system. Some street racers use nitrous oxide to enhance the acceleration capabilities of their vehicles.
Dayum! Some steep penalties! Take it to the track people, I think at my dragstrip it's 25 dollars for the night and you run as many times as you want! Legally, and safely
Old 01-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #16
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
I do not street race because its never you..or perhaps even the other driver that is the problem...Its the person pulling out in front of you..its the bystander that decided to step into the street, its the guy who may just cali stop that stop sign he has.

In other words there are knows, then there are known unknowns. Because of not knowing what the unknowns know you can never know what will happen.

The unknowns of street racing makes it a known fact....its going to end bad.

Go to the track.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #17
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Dayum! Some steep penalties! Take it to the track people, I think at my dragstrip it's 25 dollars for the night and you run as many times as you want! Legally, and safely
On many occasions at our local track you'll be lucky to get in 2-3 passes in a night. There always seems to be some hillbilly in a beat up old pickup truck that breaks a u-joint and drops his drive shaft at half track then leaks oil down the rest of it.
Last year there was a kid that fell off the swings at the track playground and the track EMS (emergency medical service) had to respond so no runs were made for over an hour while the paramedics took care of this kid with a broken arm.
I love the track but hate some of the delays.

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 01-20-2010 at 07:57 PM.
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #18
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
On many occasions at our local track you'll be lucky to get in 2-3 passes in a night. There always seems to be some hillbilly in a beat up old pickup truck that breaks a u-joint and drops his drive shaft at half track then leaks oil down the rest of it.
Last year there was a kid that fell off the swings at the track playground and the track EMS (emergency medical service) had to respond so no runs were made for over an hour while the paramedics took care of this kid with a broken arm.
I love the track but hate some of the delays.
I just wish we HAD a local track here! Closest one is a good hour drive away
Old 01-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
Pk
Account Suspended

Drives: Black 1SS/RS, 02 Skyline R34
Streetracing is for morons, if you put other peoples lives at risk then you deserve a good wakeup call!
Pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #20
Miketebo22
Iceman

Drives: SOLD #20,908 SS waiting for ZL1
Send a message via MSN to Miketebo22
I might go to a track..if there was one here
Old 01-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #21
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Even if your closest track is 1-2 hrs away its a nice cruise geting there
For me the closest track is Calgary and it takes 90min to get there, nice drive.
And "god forbid" something goes wrong EMS are right there and the streets safer
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #22
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
"I will ban you".
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #23
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
man i used to have a track within 10 min of my house and now its over a hour a way i miss having one so close
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #24
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Chicks dig it.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #25
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
"Street racing is NOT drag racing!!
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #26
fuffl

Drives: #3124!!!
Quote:
The Act also bans driving a motor vehicle on a highway with a connected nitrous oxide system. Some street racers use nitrous oxide to enhance the acceleration capabilities of their vehicles.
I hope this is the language the Canadians used in their street racing law. It's a good explanation to help the judge.
fuffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #27
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
I do not street race because its never you..or perhaps even the other driver that is the problem...Its the person pulling out in front of you..its the bystander that decided to step into the street, its the guy who may just cali stop that stop sign he has.

In other words there are knows, then there are known unknowns. Because of not knowing what the unknowns know you can never know what will happen.

The unknowns of street racing makes it a known fact....its going to end bad.

Go to the track.
This is a great point.

If you go out to the track, you've got an environment where people watch from the stands instead of crossing your lane. Rather than dealing with merging traffic, there is only your lane and barriers alongside it. When you finish, you do so at a perfect quarter. The lanes are even and paved. The only danger is that you'll miss a gear as long as you can keep your wheel straight.

When you race on the highway, there are no witnesses to prove you won. Even if you could have won, that car that changed lanes in front of you or the other driver is likely to mess up your victory. You've got to watch for potholes and uneven pavement. There is no finish line, so the other guy, even if you're closing the gap, can pull out in front of you and flash the hazards in victory. There's danger from all sides, and you're just as likely to lose as you are to die. Race at the track.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuffl View Post
I hope this is the language the Canadians used in their street racing law. It's a good explanation to help the judge.
And I'm sure there has probably been one kid who contested it. "No dawg, I ain't got no 'nitrous oxide system' I'z got me sum nawzz"
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
street racing