Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
At what boost? Based on 615hp I doubt you're over 10psi and I wouldn't classify it as an extreme build.

I missed the part about extreme build. i was running 12lbs but am at about 10 now. I wont go much more on a stock shortblock.
I dont believe any of the blowers mentioned are really the best choice for extreme builds, but I guess the definition of extreme is subjective.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
Graham Behan

Drives: Various
Let's try This:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119547

All runs were completed on a non Knock limited fuel, which BTW favours the Edelbrock, especially at higher rpm.

Just the facts.

Graham Behan.
Graham Behan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Everyone likes their's better, that's why they bought it.
Pretty much sums up threads like these.

Bought the Edelbrock for its name, stock looks and sleeper sound. Personally don't like the sound of whining pulleys, turbos, etc. Wanted to hear the engine over the whine. Wish they had revised the cover some to make it different from the corvettes. Their fuel rails had limitations and it does run hotter IAT's than some of the others but not a problem as the shops on here have taken care of all that. It will crank up big torque in a hurry and makes a great street car. If you want a faster drag car go with the big power of a centri or turbo.

From what I've seen, the 2300's with equal mods are similar power wise. See previous post. Whipple waited and put out a bigger, cooler running unit. Not sure what their top end is, but they clearly run higher hp with similar mods. Have seen some Eforces on built engines running over 700 rwhp. I've got 600 at 8 psi. No problems in the 2 1/2 years it's been on.

Not sure if I answered the OP's question. Guess I'd buy a Whipple now if I started over. Bigger unit and thus puts out more power than the 2300's. Also figure most people that go FI would rather not have their engine look stock, the maggies and whipples don't look stock. By far the best looking top mounts are the KB's.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #32
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargerConnection View Post
And don't forget, its ugly. If you want a blower that looks like an engine cover, its right up your alley!
^^this^^..looks like a V6 cover...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #33
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
If your haappy with an eforce its because u have not expierenced any other supercharger or turbocharger.. Eforce is at the bottom of the list for the 5th gen applications. Numbers back this up with units sold..

Because the 2.3's are so dramatically different . Yet ALL of them make basically the same power with the same mods and boost level. Its really about what looks the best to you and your application you are using it in. You are an idiot if you think differently. So quit spreading miss information.

I drag raced my buddy who had long tubes, and a kenne bell 2.8L and an automatic that put 20 more rwhp down then I did. Yet my manual e-force and catback only car *at the time* beat him by a little bit. And we went from a 15mph roll. So by your logic I get to say my E-force is better then a bigger displacement kenne bell. Looks like KB is at the bottom...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #34
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Rule of thumb, for the fastest NA car you want the smallest blower to meet your goal. That is why a 2.8L blower car with a similar build to a 2.3L blower car will lose on the short race.

People often overlook this with "bigger is better" thinking... I will stop now before I go too far into the ditch.
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #35
Oxtar41

Quote:
Rule of thumb, for the fastest NA car you want the smallest blower to meet your goal. That is why a 2.8L blower car with a similar build to a 2.3L blower car will lose on the short race.

People often overlook this with "bigger is better" thinking... I will stop now before I go too far into the ditch.
I agree, people dont understand about using the right stuff for the right application and thats why guys make big numbers and are stuck in the 11's-12's.

Hell look at jamies car, IMO what he has accomplished is amazing with a tiny 2.3L and stock displacement in a full weight car. 9's is no easy task especially how he has done it, but he spends his money smart and uses stuff that works instead of the "bigger and better" mentality.

People come to this forum to read and get information about things and there is so much wrong information in this thread its not even funny. I was being sarcastic about the KB being at the bottom also. Bottom line is for the 2.3L blowers, with the same mods and boost levels they ALL perform basically about the same and you have to be retarded if you think different. Boost is Boost no matter how you look at it.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #36
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Post #18 Don't let some good info from a respected builder get in the way of all the misinformation flying around here.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243650

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #37
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtar41 View Post
I agree, people dont understand about using the right stuff for the right application and thats why guys make big numbers and are stuck in the 11's-12's.

Hell look at jamies car, IMO what he has accomplished is amazing with a tiny 2.3L and stock displacement in a full weight car. 9's is no easy task especially how he has done it, but he spends his money smart and uses stuff that works instead of the "bigger and better" mentality.

People come to this forum to read and get information about things and there is so much wrong information in this thread its not even funny. I was being sarcastic about the KB being at the bottom also. Bottom line is for the 2.3L blowers, with the same mods and boost levels they ALL perform basically about the same and you have to be retarded if you think different. Boost is Boost no matter how you look at it.
Amen!
Too bad Jamie wants a 4.0L now... Lol!

Boost is boost, pick the blower that blows you the best, wait... No. Pick the one that you like the best!

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #38
Oxtar41

Quote:
Amen!
Too bad Jamie wants a 4.0L now... Lol!

Boost is boost, pick the blower that blows you the best, wait... No. Pick the one that you like the best!

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Congrats on not being retarded lol
Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #39
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
This is why there is so many flavors of icecream lol! We have been using the Eldelbrock units for a while and i like them,several advantages to the maggie IMO and it looks more oem which i like.Ive used maggies for years and done alot with them but we devoloped a CTSV and a GTO kit and weve had some old maggie customers swap over and they have been thrilled. this is a GTO
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #40
Oxtar41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
This is why there is so many flavors of icecream lol! We have been using the Eldelbrock units for a while and i like them,several advantages to the maggie IMO and it looks more oem which i like.Ive used maggies for years and done alot with them but we devoloped a CTSV and a GTO kit and weve had some old maggie customers swap over and they have been thrilled. this is a GTO

Thats impossible. Theres no way the worst blower on the market could have any advantages. Even over a leaf blower.../sarcasm
Old 10-10-2018, 04:44 AM   #41
adrwhi
MonstaBGP

Drives: Shadow
Make it look good
Attached Images

adrwhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #42
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Holy thread resurrection!!! 6 years later.

But that murdered out Edelbrock does look good!
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote