Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
Chris1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Maybe it wasn't trashed, maybe they just had it sitting with the engine on after the hood wrap to ensure that the vinyl is good with a hot hood (no blisters etc.).

That could explain the low mpg
Expect you are right - not sure if its a coincidence but I can't connect to OnStar using RemoteLink and more. Hopefully I can get it back so I can track my car!
Chris1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
OnStar Advisor

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1LE View Post
Expect you are right - not sure if its a coincidence but I can't connect to OnStar using RemoteLink and more. Hopefully I can get it back so I can track my car!
Hello Chris1LE,

Congrats on your new 1LE! What color did you go with?

The OnStar system has a 'sleep mode' so if the vehicle hasn't been driven or had the engine ran for a few days then the app will not be able to connect. This may be why you haven't been able to connect. If you still can't connect with your app when you get your beautiful new car just let me know and I'd be happy to make sure everythings working correctly!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Group
OnStar Advisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #17
Chris1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
Hello Chris1LE,

Congrats on your new 1LE! What color did you go with?

The OnStar system has a 'sleep mode' so if the vehicle hasn't been driven or had the engine ran for a few days then the app will not be able to connect. This may be why you haven't been able to connect. If you still can't connect with your app when you get your beautiful new car just let me know and I'd be happy to make sure everythings working correctly!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Group
Hi Jessica

My 1LE is Victory Red and looking forward to getting it - its not actually delivered yet - and was just using OnStar with FamilyLink to track its way down from Canada. Worked perfectly yesterday and saw it getting 300 miles closer. However, as you mentioned, it must have gone into sleep mode and I can't track it any more. Is there way to get it out of sleep mode remotely?

Chris
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Mine hasn't been delivered yet but my OnStar is active - so I can use the RemoteLink app to see the mileage and fuel level - mine shows 13 miles

Output from RemoteLink:-
Trip A - 11 miles - 25 mpg
Lifetime - 13 miles - 8 mpg

Looks like for 2 miles they were trashing it!!
Or it sat still running for a while. Remember that when a car is running while sitting still, it's getting 0 mpg.

You guys need to just chill out. MOST cars don't get ragged on before they get delivered. It's a VERY small amount that actually get mistreated during transport.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
OnStar Advisor

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Hi Jessica

My 1LE is Victory Red and looking forward to getting it - its not actually delivered yet - and was just using OnStar with FamilyLink to track its way down from Canada. Worked perfectly yesterday and saw it getting 300 miles closer. However, as you mentioned, it must have gone into sleep mode and I can't track it any more. Is there way to get it out of sleep mode remotely?
Chris
Chris,

Yes, the FamilyLink also connects through the vehicle system so if the car has gone into sleep mode then the only way to reconnect would be to restart the vehicle.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Group
OnStar Advisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
Chris1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
Chris,

Yes, the FamilyLink also connects through the vehicle system so if the car has gone into sleep mode then the only way to reconnect would be to restart the vehicle.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Group
Guess I'm just going to have to be patient and wait the old fashioned way - hopefully they'll revive the system when they unload the car from the train. Any day now!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
WOW, I would not want to be your sales person. I mean a whole 16 miles... jebus... I bought my car brand new off the lot and it had 15 miles on it. So I think 14 -15 is normal, and your assumption that someone would drive it like they stole it is not fair to the dealership. I am not a sales person nor do I work for a dealer I just think your upset about nothing. The people I have purchased cars from have shown me nothing but respect and until they act otherwise I am going to show them the same respect. Your dealership isn't doing doughnuts in the parking lot. I mean they want you to be happy and enjoy the Camaro. I would say relax and enjoy the car when you get there. You are a proud 1LE owner I hope.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
My car had under 5 miles on it but it was a v6.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #23
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
My car had under 5 miles on it but it was a v6.
V6/V8 shouldn't matter...do you have any vinyls on it? it was established in another thread, and already mentioned in this one, that the cars are driven to another shop to have the vinyls applied, and that it's either 12 or 14 miles round trip between the two (don't recall exactly).

to OP, i wouldn't worry about it...if you show up to take delivery and it's got like 20+ miles on it, i'd be asking questions but seriously, i grew up in a family of mechanics, have worked with mechanics...and have not met one yet that would disrespect a customer's vehicle. despite the recent horror stories, most of them just want to get the job done and go home
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
It had stripes on it but no fender or hockey vinyl.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #25
BLKSS1LE

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
I got lucky. Only 12 on mine
BLKSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
We had 3 Camaros arrive last week.

ZL1-12 miles
SS - 10 miles