Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #141
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Unfortunately you cannot spot pick where you loose fat as Kalimus said. When it comes down to the last few punds of fat your body will do everything it can to retain it, this is where advanced strategies come in. weight training to retain as much muscle as possible is suggested but nutrition is very impostant at this time as well as cardio. The most effective way to loose the last few pounds of fat is with a combination of weights and cardio along with carb cycling and or carb tappering.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #142
CFD

Man. I hate TV and it's mis information. There was just a segment on the news that says a new study shows that being slightly overweight will lead to a longer life span. I'm quite sure if you look at the study it would be seriously flawed. They also claim that you should not rely on the scales but to go by BMI also proven quite useless. Then they showed a shot of some moron in the gym using some of the worst form imaginable.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #143
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Yeah, I saw that too. I just wish they would not allow media to report on any research because they don't even try to differentiate between good & horrible research.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #144
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Yeah, I saw that too. I just wish they would not allow media to report on any research because they don't even try to differentiate between good & horrible research.

I would think that some of my sources on these types of studies will analyze what was researched and spill the beans, I'd like to know where they came up with this. Now some overweight people will have their excuse to abort their fitness goals but they're the ones who wouldn't succeed anyhow lol
Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #145
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Man. I hate TV and it's mis information. There was just a segment on the news that says a new study shows that being slightly overweight will lead to a longer life span. I'm quite sure if you look at the study it would be seriously flawed. They also claim that you should not rely on the scales but to go by BMI also proven quite useless. Then they showed a shot of some moron in the gym using some of the worst form imaginable.
I'd be curious to know if by "slightly overweight" they mean healthy fat
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #146
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I'd be curious to know if by "slightly overweight" they mean healthy fat
I caught it in the backround but thought I heard something like 20-30 lbs, that's a bit more than slightly overweight. I am sure the details will be out soon.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #147
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I heard that on the news on XM today. I understand that you shouldn't be super thin and that you need rest days and cheat meals, and sometimes you have to let go and enjoy your life, but that 20-30 extra lbs is good for you is ridiculous.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #148
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Happy New Years! As Weightwatchers says they consider "human nature" in their diet plans. I've had too much human nature the first two days of 2013.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #149
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I am making a return to the gym tomorrow. I've been away for 2 years due to schedule. Now that I am done with college and no longer working 2 jobs I have the time to workout. I look forward to being 175 lbs again. I currently weigh about 250lbs at 6'1" or 6'2". This time though I have even more motivation. My new girlfriend.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #150
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Start my diet on Monday. 90 of insanity/p90x/hybrid. I'm 215 5 ft 10 22% bmi. Time to get the show on the road. Gonna try to do two protein shakes a day, 90oz of water, close to 100g of protein. Staying away from food after 730. Has anyone here used endurance vitapak from gnc?
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #151
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
I saw on the news about living longer if slightly over weight. I can say this much when I was at 236lbs I felt like crap. Now that I'm down to 213lbs I feel much better. Don't see how being over weight can be any good for you.

I got a run in again this morning on the treadmill, aka Satan's sidewalk and put in 1.6 miles at a 12'15" pace. Boy could I feel the soreness in my thighs from Tuesday's run. I'm hoping all the stretching before and after will help with that. I hate getting back into exercising when you go off for a little while.

Also from every where I have read, one is supposed to drink half their body weight in water a day. So if you weigh 200lbs then you need to drink at least 100 oz of water a day. That is what I try to do. Also a good indicator is if your urine is not clear or close to being clear then you are not drinking enough water. They also told us that when I was in the Air Force.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #152
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

I fell during box jumps at crossfit today and sliced my shin open. Mother cowlover that hurt.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #153
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post
I saw on the news about living longer if slightly over weight. I can say this much when I was at 236lbs I felt like crap. Now that I'm down to 213lbs I feel much better. Don't see how being over weight can be any good for you.

I got a run in again this morning on the treadmill, aka Satan's sidewalk and put in 1.6 miles at a 12'15" pace. Boy could I feel the soreness in my thighs from Tuesday's run. I'm hoping all the stretching before and after will help with that. I hate getting back into exercising when you go off for a little while.

Also from every where I have read, one is supposed to drink half their body weight in water a day. So if you weigh 200lbs then you need to drink at least 100 oz of water a day. That is what I try to do. Also a good indicator is if your urine is not clear or close to being clear then you are not drinking enough water. They also told us that when I was in the Air Force.
When I gain 5 lbs I feel miserable. I think that news story is crap.
Nice run! Good job!
Yup, half your body weight. And your right your pee should me like very light lemonaid or near clear.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #154
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
One other thing, most think I'm crazy. We got a Vitamix blender, that thing is awesome. From my breakfasts I put in some baby spiniach,a carrot, some blue berries, (we have two bushes and collect a ton over the summer and freeze them) hand full of organic raw almonds and flax seeds with water and some times an apple thrown in. That is basically my breakfast. What surprises me is it keeps me until lunch.

bossbunny, sorry to hear about your fall. I bet that did hurt.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote