Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #141
stet

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stet View Post
I've been using the latest PDIM software for 2 weeks now and have had no problems at all using my 120 gig Ipod "Classic". It has been recognized every time I power on.
This is what I get for posting. I just experienced my first bug/glitch with the latest PDIM software.

Earlier today I accidentally pressed the "panic button" on my key fob and set off the car alarm (first time I've done this). Later on, the first time I started up the car after this event, my system didn't default to my Ipod as it normally would. Instead it was on AUX device input. Pressing the CD/AUX button would send it to the Search for Device screen, but it would just sit there. It wouldn't find my Ipod. Unplugging my Ipod from the USB port and then plugging it back in (without powering off the system) allowed it to be found. This is the first I've had to do that since getting the software update.

I tried to repeat this by setting off the alarm and then powering on the system but it worked normally this second time (defaulted to my Ipod and played as normal).
stet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #142
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
yep, I'm guessing it's part of your bumper to bumper.

That's weird Fynnaz that your car had HW CB, and mine is an earlier VIN (15866) and has a later revision CC.
They are all the same hardware version. The way they do the software updates, that line basically doesn't mean anything. The only thing that is accurate is the SW version.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #143
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
Are there going to be hardware revisons to the head unit. I have CD installed and still have serious connection problems along with it dropping connection after a few songs play. Ive determined its not a specific file type, because when I plug it back in I can play the song that caused the disconnect.

Im really not happy with this right now. Its embarassing to own a $35k car and I cant play my zune like its supposed to play.
I'm really sorry that you're having so many problems with your Zune in your Camaro. The CE software update might help with your problem. Keep checking on here and I'm sure that once people are able to get that, it'll be on here. Is it just on your Zune that you're having problems?

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #144
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourage View Post
Alright, so I take my car in to the dealer with the info in hand. They're really not sure what it all means and a bit confused at first, they say they haven't had to deal with something like this before. I let them have the car to do the patch, took about an hour to do and they weren't really sure if it worked or not.
Bugs I started with;
1.Always switched to USB when I start the car.
2.Indexes everytime I start the car no matter what.
3.Starts with the same song almost everytime I start the car.
4.Always reverts back to non shuffle mode after I selected shuffle before I shut down.

When they were done, it only fixed bug 1, doesn't go to USB automatically anymore.

Anyone know if that update should have fixed any of the other issues?
That's been driving me crazy! I got my car in early July and I haven't brought it in for a software update yet, but now I definitely will.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #145
JIGSAW

Drives: 2010 Camaro
my 3G iphone sounds great over the speakers, even better than the radio and cd. my only issue is that if i fast forward thru a couple of songs, the iphone gets disconnected and i have tojust unplug and replug it in and then it starts where it leaves off. really annoying...
JIGSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #146
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
My bluetooth phone connected just fine for a week or two after I finally figured out the setup, but then a few days ago it stopped connecting again. I didn't change any settings in the phone or in the car. Is this something the software update will fix?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #147
BrandonGoodman

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Camaro
Every once in a while that happens with my iPhone. Usually if I shut off the bluetooth on the phone and re-enable, it connects up fine.
7/18/09 bought it off another dealer's lot

Prior:
1984 305 Camaro
1997 5.7L Z28 Camaro
BrandonGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #148
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
I got HW: CB and SW: CC I asked the dealer to update it and their service guy didn't know anything about it... he asked if I was having any problems and I said no. so his reply was to not worry about it until there is a problem. I just like having things up to date. He didn't know anything about this update, where to look or whatnot..
Is there some kind of instruction thing you type up that we can give our dealer's service guys to show them, this is where the update it, this is what it should be, this is how you update it? I read on here that someone's dealer took 2 hours just trying to find the update. this would help everyone greatly.
(sorry if it's been already posted here. I'm rushing out the door to go to work and didn't read the full thread yet)

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #149
Scott Jones

Drives: Black 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
I got HW: CB and SW: CC I asked the dealer to update it and their service guy didn't know anything about it... he asked if I was having any problems and I said no. so his reply was to not worry about it until there is a problem. I just like having things up to date. He didn't know anything about this update, where to look or whatnot..
Is there some kind of instruction thing you type up that we can give our dealer's service guys to show them, this is where the update it, this is what it should be, this is how you update it? I read on here that someone's dealer took 2 hours just trying to find the update. this would help everyone greatly.
(sorry if it's been already posted here. I'm rushing out the door to go to work and didn't read the full thread yet)
I am having problems with my iPod staying connected, but my dealer cannot locate the update. Is there any information we can give them that will help? I even gave them the part no. for the update and they still couldn't find it.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #150
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
PDIM Update

I took my car to the dealer today for the PDIM update. The dealer kept looking for the "radio" update. I explained that they should be looking for the PDIM update.
Long story short, The dealer will be calling TAC for info in updating the PDIM.
Yes I printed out the info from Codeman and even gave them the softwre update info.
But, they have to do things on their own.
We'll see how long it takes. May have go to another dealer.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #151
SLVRPHX
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It's been a week now and my dealer still can't find the update. Can someone who's been successful in getting the PDIM update, ask their dealer where they found it so we tell our dealers?
4200: 7/24/09 | 6000: 8/6/09
SLVRPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #152
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Got the PDIM update last week. Did seem to fix the freezing up issue, however it still has to index(painfully slow) every time you start the car. I still have to change it to random every time. The info on the invoice states:

USB Update
Program update for interface module
Reprogramming with SPS
876 W 1.40

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #153
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Got the PDIM update last week. Did seem to fix the freezing up issue, however it still has to index(painfully slow) every time you start the car. I still have to change it to random every time. The info on the invoice states:

USB Update
Program update for interface module
Reprogramming with SPS
876 W 1.40
Did you get level CD or CE?
I have CC, and if CE is coming out real quick, I'll wait for it. Has anyone recieved CE yet?
Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #154
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post
I took my car to the dealer today for the PDIM update. The dealer kept looking for the "radio" update. I explained that they should be looking for the PDIM update.
Long story short, The dealer will be calling TAC for info in updating the PDIM.
Yes I printed out the info from Codeman and even gave them the softwre update info.
But, they have to do things on their own.
We'll see how long it takes. May have go to another dealer.
Steve had ours updated at Wentworth Chevrolet in Portland.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote