Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #43
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Please tell me I didn't join that crowd.
Before the Vararam came along there was a huge following for the Injen that criticized everything but(even though the Janetty testing showed it didn't have the highest peak gain, the CAI did). Most of the intakes perform within +-5hp of each other. The Vararam supposedly ups it considerably, but at a price.
Put on what you feel comfortable putting on. K&N will leave some power on the table. You should be able to get used ones pretty cheap fairly soon.
I agree with you, put on what you want...& if you really want ram air, you can get CAI & the MPD hood that has the ducts in it to work with the CAI
Old 06-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #44
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjohnst3 View Post
does it really make that big of a difference to have it do that
No, the independent results didn't show THAT much difference. Injen did perform the best, but only by a few HP. That's why I said, it doesn't matter which you buy, they will be indistinguishable anywhere but a dyno.

Of course, if the Vararam lives up to it's claims, that could all change. But I don't think we've seen anything independent yet. I might've missed it though.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #45
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Wink

We really didn't want to spend a Car Payment on a Tube & a Cone filter....
We found the K&N "Typhoon 69-4520TP" for $216.00 shipped...
Looks great & has good performance... {No CEL with the Typhoon}
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #46
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
No, the independent results didn't show THAT much difference. Injen did perform the best, but only by a few HP. That's why I said, it doesn't matter which you buy, they will be indistinguishable anywhere but a dyno.

Of course, if the Vararam lives up to it's claims, that could all change. But I don't think we've seen anything independent yet. I might've missed it though.
user GoPaul is getting dyno'd with the Vararam this morning & I'm going Sat. July 2nd for dyno time...the results should start trickling in soon
Old 06-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #47
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
K&N AirCharger is the best IMO
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #48
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Please tell me I didn't join that crowd.
Before the Vararam came along there was a huge following for the Injen that criticized everything but(even though the Janetty testing showed it didn't have the highest peak gain, the CAI did). Most of the intakes perform within +-5hp of each other. The Vararam supposedly ups it considerably, but at a price.
Put on what you feel comfortable putting on. K&N will leave some power on the table. You should be able to get used ones pretty cheap fairly soon.

No just haveing a little fun with y'all, if Injen and Vararm had not come out I would be sporting a K & N, but from what I've read the K&N throws a CEL, And that I can't have.

If I was going for looks the CAI are It. Personally I like the Volant.

Really the OP needs to read the forums, the're is a lot of good info on the V6. What works and what doesn't work.

I've made my list of what works for the V6:

(Front side)
Vararam intake
Catch can
Throttle Body CNC
SLP 25% Balancer and Gates belt.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #49
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
No just haveing a little fun with y'all, if Injen and Vararm had not come out I would be sporting a K & N, but from what I've read the K&N throws a CEL, And that I can't have.

If I was going for looks the CAI are It. Personally I like the Volant.

Really the OP needs to read the forums, the're is a lot of good info on the V6. What works and what doesn't work.

I've made my list of what works for the V6:

(Front side)
Vararam intake
Catch can
Throttle Body CNC
SLP 25% Balancer and Gates belt.
what CEL???? i had mine on for about 5 months now and never had a probem... (hope i dont jinx myself)

i love this K&N, it gives great sound, easy to install, awesome quality, what is there not to like?
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #50
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL View Post
what CEL???? i had mine on for about 5 months now and never had a probem... (hope i dont jinx myself)

i love this K&N, it gives great sound, easy to install, awesome quality, what is there not to like?
Thank you sir, mines been on for over six months and nothin. Just because sum get a cel DOES not mean everyone else gets it. I gaurantee you if rhere was a poll about whos gotten a cel and whiohasnt with the k&n, the ones who have never gotten a cel will have the majority .
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #51
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Mine was on for just shy of a year without a cel and was my first upgrade if you don't count wheels. It was the Typhoon. I do like the way it looked, sounded, and it performed good. I fought that fight too many times before. K&N is a good product.

I just will not be the guy saying my stuff is the best and downgrading anything else because everyone mods there's the way they see fit.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #52
paigeg
PAIGE

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition Camaro
Whistle?

Hub's 11 vert V6 RS has a new K&N intake (69 series Typhoon). He's loving the HP gains and the deeper throatier sound when yo punch it. but does anyone else have a whistle on steady acceleration? And, if so, how the heck to you get rid of it? I got my K&N Typhoon coming this week. And that whistle would drive me crazy...

(Click C5 image to learn about UpstateC5)
I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
paigeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #53
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
No problems with my K&N Aircharger. Unplugged the battery during the install. Never got a CEL with mine. You will get a whistle sound sometimes during acceleration.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #54
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
its supposed to whistle with intake of clean air...) its doin it job...
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #55
rford123
GarageGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LS Cyber Gray
I have a K&N CAI unit on my V6 and installed it myself. Piece of cake and no cussing was involved at all. Big difference in the power and no problems so far, except I hear a high pitched whistle sound for about 2 sec. when I punch the throttle. No big deal but i'd like to know if that is normal.
rford123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #56
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Had a little with the airaid. Have a nice whistle with the Injen. Appears to be normal
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote