Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #29
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
I installed my rotofab this evening and there is a definite growl when on the gas now, just cruising around especially in first or second gear you can't tell much, but once you get the Rpm's up to about 2700 or 3k it definitely becomes noticeable from inside the cabin. Anywhere from medium to heavy throttle she definitely begins to snarl!
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #30
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
I installed my rotofab this evening and there is a definite growl when on the gas now, just cruising around especially in first or second gear you can't tell much, but once you get the Rpm's up to about 2700 or 3k it definitely becomes noticeable from inside the cabin. Anywhere from medium to heavy throttle she definitely begins to snarl!
especially when you hit almost 4K RPM in 3rd or 4th Gear it is something to hear. I forget that my gas will drop but to hear that growl with my windows up and my music going as well. It is so worth it. I couldn't get that sound with the stock intake so for sure I got a ROTO-FAB and it was worth every penny. and I got my intake from Apex Chase. They are very very helpful I can't say enough good things from my experience with them. I got a wrong MAF sensor connector and the next day it was replaced with no questions or nothing.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #31
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I think the stock intake is decent sounding. I mean, I'd definitely like a CAI, but the GF says no. And I should be using that money for the new car.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #32
crc91

^^^ trust me if you think the stock intake is decent sounding do yourself a favor and get the rotofab , you will be smiling like a kid on Christmas morning starting at. 2k rpm all the way till red line ! Ask me how I know !
Old 09-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #33
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
I think the stock intake is decent sounding. I mean, I'd definitely like a CAI, but the GF says no. And I should be using that money for the new car.
Easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!!
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:59 AM   #34
MountaineerTom

Drives: Summit White 2014 2LT
I love my Roto-Fab. I may have to look into that Dynomax VT, I like the sound of it.

Is that the only thing you changed on your exhaust?
MountaineerTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #35
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!!
Bah, I'll add one to the 1LE once I get it.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #36
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Intake or exhaust which would you get first?
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #37
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Bah, I'll add one to the 1LE once I get it.
There you go. Good plan
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #38
crc91

Ugh LOVE my rotofab I can't stop driving it! As those Rpm's rise the growl comes alive!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #39
Arkios

Drives: 2015 Summit White 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerTom View Post
I love my Roto-Fab. I may have to look into that Dynomax VT, I like the sound of it.

Is that the only thing you changed on your exhaust?
Before the intake, my only "performance" mod was my Dynomax VT axle-back #38493. By itself, I would describe the sound at WOT as a toned down exotic sports car (think a less aggressive sounding lamborghini gallardo). It is not V8-ish at all, so keep that in mind if that is what you are looking for.

Its pretty decent by itself, and as I said before, its a great setup for a spirited daily driver. Its loud when you get on it, but quiet when rolling around at low RPMs and no drone when cruising on the highway. The Roto-Fab added a LOT more low-end throatiness to her growl when the car is under load. I love it.

While I'm pretty happy with my overall sound so far, there is something in me that wants to get a 2.5in cat-back system. I've mainly been looking at the Stainless works retro-chambered exhaust system, but I'm just worried that it will be to obnoxiously loud and/or have terrible drone on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Ugh LOVE my rotofab I can't stop driving it! As those Rpm's rise the growl comes alive!
I know that feel! My car's lifetime MPG average (at almost 15k miles) dropped by 0.5 in about 2 weeks... all due to me having a heavier foot and enjoying the sound too much!

Traded in my V6 for a V8. She looks pretty similar, but sounds a whole lot different!

Performance Mods:
3.91 rear-dif gears, Solo J-pipe axle-back exhaust, New Era Performance OTR intake, Vitesse throttle controller

Cosmetic / Ergonomic Mods:
SRP racing pedals, APEX skip-shift eliminator, RPI stealth splash guards, Plasti-dipped wheels and bowtie inserts,
Matte black hood spears, rear copo spears, "Le Mans" hash marks, gills, and smoked tail lights / side markers
Arkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #40
brewmaster4

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I've heard that the VT is quieter than stock at idle. Was this true before the intake? How about after?
brewmaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #41
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmaster4 View Post
I've heard that the VT is quieter than stock at idle. Was this true before the intake? How about after?
i can say I think it is quieter at idle yes, but i have no proof. I cut off my resonators last week and it's MUCH louder! Some V6 camaro raced me and asked me if I had an SS, I said no and then he asked what mods i had lol. I spanked him somehow.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:32 PM   #42
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
i can say I think it is quieter at idle yes, but i have no proof. I cut off my resonators last week and it's MUCH louder! Some V6 camaro raced me and asked me if I had an SS, I said no and then he asked what mods i had lol. I spanked him somehow.
Have you added te throttle controller yet? It's suppose to really wake up the car! I ordered mine Thursday!