Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #57
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post
I know!! I was so scared. I have never actually been pulled over by the police in my life!! The lawyer said that they probably can get it reduced since I have no record. I just really don't want the points cause that will hurt my insurance payment!!! He seemed confident though that he could get it reduced and get the fine reduced as well.. I will let ya know. I should know by the end fo the month.
Well the lawyer went to court for me today and they are mailing me my results. Cross your fingers for me it's good news!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #58
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
95 in a 65 back on 6/4/10, written for 95 in a 65. :( $197 fine and 5 points.
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #59
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow5thgen View Post
I really miss the days of court supervision that saved me a lot when I lived in Illinois. Where is southern Illinois do you live?

Below Carbondale, in Anna. Work in Cairo.

Court supervision is a good thing for those who are getting their first ticket, or first ticket in a long time. Costs a little more, but 90 days after paying, no other citations, the one written goes away. Nothing else need be done.

Quote:
105 in a 65. Went to a lawyer and seeing what they can do. If not it's a $500 ticket and who knows how many points! I have never been pulled over in my life before either!!

Lesson learned!
40 plus in Illinois can land you in jail! Also, depending upon traffic, can be written as reckless. 40 plus carries a bond of $205 and is a must appear violation. It's not something you want to do in Illinois.

BTW, our fines go up in September. The basic $75 fine for speeding, 1-20 over, will be $120. Seatbelts go up from $55 to $65 IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black396
He sez, You can show me the card, and I will change the ticket from "no insurance" ($10) to speeding, ($159), if you wish.. The fellow in the PU is not so lucky, I am taking him to jail, no D/L, etc
In Illinois, no insurance is a minimum $200 fine/bond and is a must appear violation. We also get to tow the car, if we wish.

That said, if the person I stop isn't being a dumbass, can't find their insurance, but I believe they have it, sometimes I'll write the insurance ticket too. Why? Even though they might have to come back to court, if they provide proof of insurance dated before the date of the ticket, it gets dropped. I say might have to come back, because due to where they might live, our States Attorney is pretty cool about letting people sometimes fax proof from a lawyer's office, or something of that nature.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #60
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Below Carbondale, in Anna. Work in Cairo.

Court supervision is a good thing for those who are getting their first ticket, or first ticket in a long time. Costs a little more, but 90 days after paying, no other citations, the one written goes away. Nothing else need be done.

40 plus in Illinois can land you in jail! Also, depending upon traffic, can be written as reckless. 40 plus carries a bond of $205 and is a must appear violation. It's not something you want to do in Illinois.

BTW, our fines go up in September. The basic $75 fine for speeding, 1-20 over, will be $120. Seatbelts go up from $55 to $65 IIRC.

In Illinois, no insurance is a minimum $200 fine/bond and is a must appear violation. We also get to tow the car, if we wish.

That said, if the person I stop isn't being a dumbass, can't find their insurance, but I believe they have it, sometimes I'll write the insurance ticket too. Why? Even though they might have to come back to court, if they provide proof of insurance dated before the date of the ticket, it gets dropped. I say might have to come back, because due to where they might live, our States Attorney is pretty cool about letting people sometimes fax proof from a lawyer's office, or something of that nature.
I know he could have taken me to jail and he made me aware of that fact. He let me go because I had a perfect driving record and had all my paperwork and was polite... It's a $505 fine and if I choose to I could just pay the fine and do online traffic school and get the points. I chose to get a lawyer and go to court to see if they would reduce the fine and not give me the points. I will probably still have to do traffic school which is not a bad thing. I will get my results from the lawyer in the next few days. I just dont want my insurance to go up and I know for me I wont be driving like that ever again!!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #61
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
I know he could have taken me to jail and he made me aware of that fact. He let me go because I had a perfect driving record and had all my paperwork and was polite... It's a $505 fine and if I choose to I could just pay the fine and do online traffic school and get the points. I chose to get a lawyer and go to court to see if they would reduce the fine and not give me the points. I will probably still have to do traffic school which is not a bad thing. I will get my results from the lawyer in the next few days. I just dont want my insurance to go up and I know for me I wont be driving like that ever again!!

Good luck SSGirl! While it might cost a bit more then $500, going to court/traffic school will definitely be worth it in the long run!! I hope it works out for ya!!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 AM   #62
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Good luck SSGirl! While it might cost a bit more then $500, going to court/traffic school will definitely be worth it in the long run!! I hope it works out for ya!!
Thanks! I got my letter. So if I do traffic school and pay the $505 fine it's no points and reduced to a parking ticket!!! Whoohoo!!! A very coslty lesson learned!!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
Old 06-30-2010, 02:15 AM   #63
SARDAN

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Just got one

Yup 91 in a 65, got to go to court to get this one taken care of so california dose not try to take every penny i have. I knew it was a matter of time, First one in ten years at least. Ideas? anyone? besides to slow down.
SARDAN is offline   Reply With Quote