Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #29
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
I'm considering ordering a 2014/2015 ZL1. I've read all the answers here. It will be my main daily driver for the spring/summer/fall and I'll keep the truck for winter duties and the RS3 will be strictly the sunny, summer day cruiser. (Still trying to decide if I want a manual or automatic.) How well does the automatic shift and are they fast and smooth? How well do the Recaro seats feel? How well do the stock seats feel?
How do they cars feel as a daily driver? I know they are very mod friendly, which is awesome.
I appreciate it.
(I know I want a triple black car with the micro suede interior, navigation and possibly the Recaro seats.)
Old 12-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #30
chvlle383

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
It's cool, quick, safe. But most of all IT MAKES ME SMILE
lol…...i couldn't quit smiling the the first day i took it home….i think my wife thought i was nuts…...love it and its fun to drive..cant wait to put the bolt ons on it….
Old 12-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #31
MTCobra

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
I'm considering ordering a 2014/2015 ZL1. I've read all the answers here. It will be my main daily driver for the spring/summer/fall and I'll keep the truck for winter duties and the RS3 will be strictly the sunny, summer day cruiser. (Still trying to decide if I want a manual or automatic.) How well does the automatic shift and are they fast and smooth? How well do the Recaro seats feel? How well do the stock seats feel?

How do they cars feel as a daily driver? I know they are very mod friendly, which is awesome.

I appreciate it.

(I know I want a triple black car with the micro suede interior, navigation and possibly the Recaro seats.)

I have a triple black manual 2014 ZL1 with Recaros. Great car but I rarely drive it to work due to traffic. The manual would be a PITA with the traffic I experience in the morning.

I got the Recaros for the firmness. I imagine both seats would be near equal in comfort.

2014 ZL1
MTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:21 AM   #32
jerseywild
jerseywild

Drives: 2013 ZL1 camaro
All seasonTires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetcop20 View Post
Problems..It was delivered with 3 miles on OD and Ive driven it in all weather conditions at ALL speeds............aint got a lick of problem with anythingAttachment 676390

Attachment 676391
et
Attachment 676392
I'm looking for more of an all season tire.Living here in Vancouver we get more than our share of the wet stuff. Your tires seem to have a good pattern for channeling the rain. Whats your thoughts and what rubber are you wearing ?
jerseywild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #33
Eric_l

Drives: 2012 SW ZL1,Porsche Cayman S
Quote:
I appreciate it.
I swap between my 2012 M6 ZL1 and my 2007 Cayman S. I drive ~80 miles each day, mostly highway. Honestly I like the Camaro as a daily driver better than the Porsche (mind you the Porsche is my track toy for Sebring as well and is _highly_ modified). But my Camaro has about 530+ RWHP measured with a tune and CAI, and modified suspension. Even with those I think the Camaro makes for a really good daily driver.

BTW as a 2012 it does not unfortunately have the Recaro's I wish it did....

But the gas millage does _suck_, but hey it's part of the price you pay.

-Eric
Eric_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #34
JamesZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro, 2015 C7 A6 Z51
Quote:
I appreciate it.
I happen to own a triple black A6 ZL1. For me and the wife, we decided that we wanted the Automatic because we are in our Mid 40's and didn't want to be shifting gears all the time and I am out on replacing the clutch when it goes out. I love the Automatic, I love using the paddles to shift..It can be done in either Automatic when driving down the road without switching the transmission to manual (In auto mode, the car will shift back to automatic after 10 seconds of the car driving at the same speed), or you can drop it to Manual and you do all the shifting from there. You have to put it in Manual in order to get it to drop down into 1st gear if you want to start/launch that way, otherwise it always defaults to 2nd gear starts. Only compliant I have on the paddle shift is, there is a lag time when shifting (on the stock setup). If you are in it hard and want to shift at redline, you actually have to shift about 500 RPM before redline before it actually shifts. The car is really smooth though. go look at the top ten fastest ZL1's. A big majority of them are Auto's. Its really hard to beat these new Auto cars, the transmissions are really good in them. My tuner has gone in and changed my shifting setup and I really like the way it shifts now. I have gone 11.6 @ 122 on the stock tires. There are others who have been able to go faster. Mine does not have the Recaro seats, but it does have the micro Fiber inserts and this car is comfortable to ride in and take long trips in. Even making over 650HP right now, I still get 21.5 MPG on the highway (@65 MPH, 19 MPG @ 75 MPH). I do not like the stock tires, they are not sticky enough till you get them really warm and they have about a 7500 mile life expectancy. Everyone seems to like the Michelin PSS tires as a replacement for better grip. Mine has all the options except for the black stripe (its only on the trunk, so no big loss there.) Mine has the sunroof, Nav etc....I absolutely love this car..No regrets!
Roto-Fab CAI, Texas Speed Headers, Texas Speed X-Pipe, Texas Speed LS3-B Blower Cam, Metco 9.10" Crank Pulley, Metco 2.5 Upper Pulley, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Ported Throttle Body, Alky Control Methanol kit, E2 Catch Can, 610HP / 608 Torque.
JamesZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #35
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Looking in the rear view mirror at the car trying to catch me..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #36
jerseywild
jerseywild

Drives: 2013 ZL1 camaro
I never knew what this car was and still am learning what a whicked built car that it really is.Ive had muscle cars since i was fifteen yes fifteen Had a 72 CUDA with a 383 magnam sitting in my dads garage which i bought when i was fifteen and a half working at the sawmill at nites and school during the day.

Ive had this car for just over a year and still when I go too punch it it still scares me a bit.lol I live in North Vancouver and the other dayI was driving down Granville street to the airport,within 4 blocks i saw 4 lambos, porches and merc well they are a dime a dozen. lol. In a year I have so far seen 3 ZL-1 !!!!!! I like that.
jerseywild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #37
harmonyp

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Silver Ice Metallic Manual
Mine is a daily driver, manual, 2 hrs a day, through both windy back roads, and plenty of stop and go hwy traffic. I traded in a 2012 C6 for it, not because I didn't love the C6, but because I needed something smoother for all that driving, and I refused to go down in HP.

2400 miles and 1 1/2 months into ownership, and I am SO smitten with this car. Can't talk "like", only "love". I love the stock hp and torque. This car ROCKS in the power department. I love the smoothness and throw of the shifter. I thought about waiting for the gen6 to come out, but I really prefer a 6 spd over a 7 spd manual and I'm betting the gen6 has a 7 spd. I love the fact that after pulling the exhaust flap fuse I feel no need to pursue an aftermarket exhaust - I love the sound of the stock exhaust. I love the stock black wheels. I love the eagle eye headlights. I love the stance. And I REALLY love the color (Silver Ice Metallic).

But after the awesome power, and the looks of the car, most of all I love the driving comfort without feeling I'm driving in a coma. I have the base, non-recaro seats. I regretted that decision at first, but these stock seats are so flippin comfortable while still offering great bolster support, I'm extremely happy with the seats. Only wish is that they had a lumbar adjustment (sure that's coming in the gen6), but other than that, they are the most comfortable car seat I've ever sat in.

What do I love about the car - hmmm, just about everything!
harmonyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #38
Tennis_pro

Drives: 2012 ZL1
That I can say "my car has 580 HP"
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:50 AM   #39
Tennis_pro

Drives: 2012 ZL1
On a more serious note, I like that it's a drivers car. Big engine, rear wheel drive, six speed manual. To me it's a car I plan on keeping for a long, long time. I think in thirty years, this will still be one of the best performance cars on the road, and the fact that they just keep adding technology and electronics to cars I think the Camaro being a true American muscle/sports car will make it a special car. It is the baddest and best Camaro ever made and owning it makes me smile every day.
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote