Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
my roadtrip to texas for my rims!! texans love camaros

I spent the past few days trekking to Texas to pick up some rims off a member off here. I got a great deal and I figured if I had to spend money on shipping I'd rather waste it on gas and go on a road trip. I learned lots!!

In Denver I saw a standup on the highway with the sheriff's office closing off a highway and pulling out assault rifles. Car was sitting in the middle of the highway with the passengers on their knees. That was exciting!

Texas cops, suck. Pulled over twice in 10 minutes within 1 hour of entering Texas. First cop stopped me and I reached for my license and he disappeared. I was doing like 82 in a 75 so I don't see what the deal was at 12 at night. 10 minutes later I got stopped going 40 in a 40 for "license plate lights being out" LIE! He let me go too though, Rocky start but no more altercations after that!! We were laughing hysterically at the odds of getting pulled over twice and not getting a ticket.

Texas is a boring drive lol but I got to sugarland in about 13 so it was pretty fast. But I stopped in and saw bits of Houston, sugarland, Dallas, fort worth and down to Galveston for a day at the beach.

I gotta say though you Texans love your Camaros! I've never seen so many in my life, they're everywhere! I see maybe 1 a day in Denver.

Oh, and "keep right except to pass" no one in Texas obeys this law, lol. They refused to get over for me.

It was a fun trip and I stopped at the great sand dunes in Colorado on the way home and did some snowboarding!

Thanks to everyone on here for helping me find a good deal on rims. The girl is driving now, almost home. Soon as I get a chance, rims are going on and I'll upload photos.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Whoops. Ill upload some photos later on when I'm not on my phone. Tapatalk never works for me.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
What kind of rims did you get?
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Htown aka Houston has more camaros than hondas
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
What kind of rims did you get?
A pair of the 18" 2012 LT rims, 5 spoke chrome. Tires only had 10,000 miles and he only wanted $200 total. Total steal.

I see that, Houston had so many Camaros. Kids had them! I had to wait til 27 to even think of affording something like this.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #6
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My girlfriend got a ticket for being in the left lane while not passing anyone. I could understand if someone was holding up traffic being in the left lane, but if there are more deer than cars on the road, I don't know why this "law" needs to be enforced. Glad to hear you had a good trip though.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteele View Post
My girlfriend got a ticket for being in the left lane while not passing anyone. I could understand if someone was holding up traffic being in the left lane, but if there are more deer than cars on the road, I don't know why this "law" needs to be enforced. Glad to hear you had a good trip though.
Whoa. Really?? I got lucky than because I never left the left lane. I was always going 75+ and everybody kinda was just cruising along.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #8
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Its a passing lane, not a travel lane. Can I have the cops name so I can thank him for enforcing that law. more cops need to.

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
Wileycoyote

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Nothing is more annoying too a 18 wheeler, than a 4- wheeler that wants too run in the passing lane next to you. It's a passing not a travel lane . Come on around, don't just hang out there. We got big mirrors , and catch all of your headlights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
Its a passing lane, not a travel lane. Come on around, don't just hang out there. We got big mirrors, and catch all of your headlights.Can I have the cops name so I can thank him for enforcing that law. more cops need to.
Didn't mean to mess up your quote, I'm on my I-phone.

Last edited by Wileycoyote; 06-29-2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Mis-quote
Wileycoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Yessir, texas loves camaros mustangs and even challys lol. Im here in boring ass ohio and they are very rare V8'S even more so.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #11
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Yessir, texas loves camaros mustangs and even challys lol. Im here in boring ass ohio and they are very rare V8'S even more so.
Ya! Saw a ton of those as well! I gotta catch up on bed, I'll post a bunch of pics tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #12
Rocki

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS RRM
SO SORRY your travel through TEXAS was not a good experience! Our state is being invaded by illegals and drug trafficking and even I have been subject to inspections when I go to a boarder location...I'm a white chick born in Dallas!!! Please let myself or one of the other D/FW members know if you come back our way so we can show you a true TEXAS welcome!
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #13
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
SO SORRY your travel through TEXAS was not a good experience! Our state is being invaded by illegals and drug trafficking and even I have been subject to inspections when I go to a boarder location...I'm a white chick born in Dallas!!! Please let myself or one of the other D/FW members know if you come back our way so we can show you a true TEXAS welcome!
AMEN!

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Whoops. Ill upload some photos later on when I'm not on my phone. Tapatalk never works for me.
CO license plates = to

Last edited by oldfriend; 02-22-2015 at 06:30 PM.
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote