Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
NitroBeagle
Member NHRA GoodGuys ICE

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
SLP Powerflo X crossover

Gonna add SLP Powerflo X croossover to LoudMouth 2 and see what it sounds like. LoudMouth 2 has a nice deep sound, just lookin for a little more sound. Time to call WS6 Store in Norwalk Iowa.
NitroBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
gorgeous-ss

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
I'm looking to try this too in the future let me know how you like it

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
gorgeous-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroBeagle View Post
SLP Powerflo X croossover

What is that, an X pipe to replace the stock H?
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
PowerFlo-X Crossover Pipe Assembly, 2010-11 Camaro V8; use w/stock exhaust manifolds Install Time: 3
A crossover exhaust to build power in your new V8 Camaro!
Build power in your new L99 or LS3 2010-11 Camaro with an SLP PowerFlo-X™ Crossover Pipe Assembly. Designed to replace your factory H-Pipe assembly, they bolt directly to your stock exhaust manifolds. Each assembly is precision bent on CNC equipment, manufactured from 3" stainless steel with smoother bends and equipped with a genuine X-pipe crossover, not a poor-flowing clamshell imitation. Torca slotted with slip-fit connections on all ends of the pipes and include OEM-quality band clamps. It costs more for us to do it this way, but it ensures a better seal and remains easy to install, all resulting in superior flow.

Also, included in the assembly is a pair of 3" mufflers and under-axle pipes to bolt directly to your SLP axle-back exhaust system of choice. (Must purchase SLP axle-back exhaust system to use this assembly). Each assembly comes complete with installation hardware, detailed instructions and backed by our Limited Lifetime Warranty.

NOTE: PowerFlo-X Crossover Assembly does not fit Convertible models

SLP PowerFlo-X™ Crossover features:
  • Designed to maximize performance.
  • 3" Mandrel bent stainless steel w/genuine X-pipe crossover.
  • Bolts to SLP Axle-Back exhaust systems.
  • SLP Headers can be upgraded to this assembly.
  • Modular design, can switch mufflers with straight pipes.
  • Easy, bolt-on installation.
  • Covered by our Performance Guarantee and Lifetime Limited Warranty
SLP CAMARO EXHAUST COMPATABILITY CHART
Please click on the following link for a complete guide to all SLP Headers/X-Pipes and Axle-Back Exhaust Systems: Complete 2010-11_V8_Camaro_Exhaust_Guide (136KB)

NOTES: When upgrading this PowerFlo-X™ Crossover Assembly, SLP Header Package (#30212) is required. Not designed to work with other headers or stock mufflers.

Dyno Testing Graph 1 on 2010-11 Camaro L99 Automatic shows: SLP Headers w/PowerFlo-X Crossover Assembly vs. Bone Stock Exhaust

Dyno Testing Graph 2 on 2010-11 Camaro L99 Automatic shows: Bone Stock Exhaust vs. SLP PowerFlo-X Crossover Assembly vs. Open Exhaust Manifolds

Dyno Testing Graph 3 on 2010-11 Camaro LS3 Stick shows: Camaro w/Supercharger w/Open Exhaust Manifolds vs. Camaro w/Supercharger w/SLP PowerFlo-X Crossover Assembly vs. Camaro w/Supercharger Bone Stock Exhaust
Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
NitroBeagle
Member NHRA GoodGuys ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeous-ss View Post

I will let you know what it sounds like. Should be in a week or two at the latest.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
SS20112ss

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS L99
I have this complete system, has a nice old school rumble to it inside and outside the car,some people confuse this drone (Muscle Car sound) It really wakes up at full throttle. The only issues you will have is the bullet mufflers that they supply will hang 2" lower than the crossbrace. The stock brace will not go back in. After market braces wont work either unless you make spacers approx. 1-3/4" thick. You could replace the bullets with their kit which is just 2 pcs. of 3" Stainless exhaust pipe 18.250" long,then an after market may work but will have to still be spaced out. But with those the exhaust sounds very similiar to a Borla Atak. I have an L99.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
NitroBeagle
Member NHRA GoodGuys ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS20112ss View Post
I have this complete system, has a nice old school rumble to it inside and outside the car,some people confuse this drone (Muscle Car sound) It really wakes up at full throttle. The only issues you will have is the bullet mufflers that they supply will hang 2" lower than the crossbrace. The stock brace will not go back in. After market braces wont work either unless you make spacers approx. 1-3/4" thick. You could replace the bullets with their kit which is just 2 pcs. of 3" Stainless exhaust pipe 18.250" long,then an after market may work but will have to still be spaced out. But with those the exhaust sounds very similiar to a Borla Atak. I have an L99.
Great info I'll pass on to installer. Do you have the headers too ? And did you replace the bullet mufflers ? Does the 2 inches cause any problems ? Thanks. NitroBeagle.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
SS20112ss

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS L99
I did replace them but put themm back on because it was a little to loud for me. No headers. If you are not autocrossing with the car leaving the brace off should be fine according to SLP. They leave it off on their SLP cars.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
NitroBeagle
Member NHRA GoodGuys ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeous-ss View Post

Update- Got the Powerflo X crossover added to the LM2. Sounds great !! Loud low rumble !! Thanks to Dennys Muffler in Cedar Rapids on 16th Ave. SW for installing. $100.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
probaby will sound like this... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58363

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
Bay Area SS

Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
I have slp loudmouths. I want to buy the slp x pipe and long tubes. How much louder is the x pipe with the bullet mufflers and how different was the sound and tone??
Bay Area SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Yeah but that is with LT's. Headers always change the game entirely. The better video for this thread would be stock headers w/ Powerflo x pipes & LMII's.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote