Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #15
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
no i saw the early game videos but they were all stuff that has already been announced and we all knew was coming. except what looks like a game set in ancient times made by crytek...that looks epic.

the fact that call of duty is made by treyarch already discredits it......

Kinect was a good idea until today when they showed what was pretty much Wii games, no creativity. then that $150 price tag is tough to swallow too.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I was watching the Kinect stuff and the only thing going through my mind was "I want to sit on my couch and play video games. If I wanted exercise I would go outside."
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #17
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Ooook, so, inserting foot in mouth over the whole 'yeah right, no way there is a new xbox coming out this week' And the lucky buggers at E3 all got a free one!!! For those that haven't seen the new hotness:

Sadly this is the best pic I can find of it, but there is video here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...box-360/101308

Anyway, this thing is a lil slimmer design, looks very nicely put together, comes with BUILT IN Wireless N, a 250GB hard drive, HDMI out; All this hotness for $299!!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #18
Keedy
Should have waited...

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX8

Thar she blows, next to the Kinect release unit.
Keedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post

Thar she blows, next to the Kinect release unit.
There we go, good find!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #20
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
XBOX 360 slim! may have to finally get one. Wonder how many years left for the 360
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #21
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I bought a 360 Elite today. Price dropped $50 for all old Xboxes, got Forza 3 and ODST bundled with it too.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #22
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
XBOX 360 slim! may have to finally get one. Wonder how many years left for the 360
i am hoping next E3 is spent revealing the new consoles for their release in 2012. i think we have finally plateaued with the graphics and physics capabilities of this generation.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #23
Brokinarrow

Sadly I fear that if the Kinect and Playstation Move do well enough they'll just continue to sell those and delay making a new console for another couple years. There's been talk of certain people at Microsoft outing the 360 as a 10 year system. Why any of the Big 3 of gaming hasn't taken this chance to embarrass the hell out of the other 2 and release a nice shiny new system is beyond me...
Old 06-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #24
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i don't know. It seem slike graphics have reached a high point. anything more and it's "real" looking. at this point i'm more concerned about the reliability. From what i've read though, the Playstation 3 is going to be around several more years, and probably the Xbox. maybe nintendo will get an upgrade.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #25
Keedy
Should have waited...

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Sadly I fear that if the Kinect and Playstation Move do well enough they'll just continue to sell those and delay making a new console for another couple years. There's been talk of certain people at Microsoft outing the 360 as a 10 year system. Why any of the Big 3 of gaming hasn't taken this chance to embarrass the hell out of the other 2 and release a nice shiny new system is beyond me...
You kinda answered your own question. If nobody else is spending their money there, why should you? Nintendo is likely to release a wii with updated graphics at some point sooner than the others, but the xbox and the PS3 are fine for years still. Also, a console launch costs them huge amounts, and is planned into the distant future. The consoles you buy cost WAY more to make than you buy them for, and the game licencing makes up the difference. All consoles have reached the break even point at this point, but rather recently. Microsoft did it sometime in 2008, and sony didn't hit theirs until 2009. An exception being the Wii, which was produced for only a small profit ($6 per console, i believe?)

Bleeding edge graphics is for the PC market. Consoles launch on year+ old technology, and sit on it for years to come. But the reason they can get away with this is that they don't have the overhead of an operating system running in the background, tying up system resources and running other applications, which has the effect of making 3 year old hardware handle like 1 year old hardware.
Keedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #26
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
You kinda answered your own question. If nobody else is spending their money there, why should you? Nintendo is likely to release a wii with updated graphics at some point sooner than the others, but the xbox and the PS3 are fine for years still. Also, a console launch costs them huge amounts, and is planned into the distant future. The consoles you buy cost WAY more to make than you buy them for, and the game licencing makes up the difference. All consoles have reached the break even point at this point, but rather recently. Microsoft did it sometime in 2008, and sony didn't hit theirs until 2009. An exception being the Wii, which was produced for only a small profit ($6 per console, i believe?)

Bleeding edge graphics is for the PC market. Consoles launch on year+ old technology, and sit on it for years to come. But the reason they can get away with this is that they don't have the overhead of an operating system running in the background, tying up system resources and running other applications, which has the effect of making 3 year old hardware handle like 1 year old hardware.
/sigh yeah I guess you're right there. My inner geek just wants to see what a new playstation/xbox could do with graphics. The graphics are getting close to being photorealistic, but not quite there yet. And then, of course, make it into a freaking holodeck style display and my nerdgasm will be complete