Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #309
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Well after almost 2 years and 20,000 miles it looks like I now have the dreaded 5th bow disease. However I am on vacation in Florida so I can't get it to my dealer for at least another week so I will have to just live with it and hope the water management bag is still in tact and I won't get a wet rear carpet. I have no way to keep it out of the weather until I get back home on Sunday the 25th.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #310
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
Well after almost 2 years and 20,000 miles it looks like I now have the dreaded 5th bow disease. However I am on vacation in Florida so I can't get it to my dealer for at least another week so I will have to just live with it and hope the water management bag is still in tact and I won't get a wet rear carpet. I have no way to keep it out of the weather until I get back home on Sunday the 25th.
Sorry for your pain. Same thing happened to me on vacation this summer 1000 miles from home. For what it's worth, after the dealership looked at the top they told me operating the top with the broken 5th bow wouldn't have hurt it; but do what your gut tells you. Good luck.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #311
zandron263

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Sorry for your pain. Same thing happened to me on vacation this summer 1000 miles from home. For what it's worth, after the dealership looked at the top they told me operating the top with the broken 5th bow wouldn't have hurt it; but do what your gut tells you. Good luck.
Thanks good to know I can operate the top because that is the only reason I take it to Florida. I could pack my Silverado much easier but can't put the top down on that on a sunny Florida day. It is what it is and it will get fixed when I get back home not going to let it ruin my trip.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #312
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
We apologize for your frustrations. Please let us know how the service appointment at the dealership goes!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #313
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Thanks good to know I can operate the top because that is the only reason I take it to Florida. I could pack my Silverado much easier but can't put the top down on that on a sunny Florida day. It is what it is and it will get fixed when I get back home not going to let it ruin my trip.
Don't screw around with this repair. Request a field engineer and the new top kit to fix everything at once. Water bag too while you are at it. Doyle Chevrolet in Rochester, NY had a field engineer come to assist once I requested it directly from my GM district manager.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #314
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
After having taken a break from these threads for my own sanity, I'd hoped that there was some resolution ....guess not. My dealer keeps passing the buck saying that GM has no new top mechanism to replace mine with and that he's keeping an eye out....obviously not. It's parked for the winter so I guess no new rub mark wear 'til next year.

Sorry you guys are still feeling the pain.

Tib
Old 11-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #315
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I believe my vert was built in May 2012 and the rub marks showed up on mine, just put it in the shop for replacement.

It also had a clunking noise in back passenger side when opening they will be looking at.

I will say there was absolutely no question when I took it in, so as much as I feel for the early people with this issue, I'm glad yall fought through it and overcame GM's usual apathy towards fixing this type of issue, or even admitting there is an issue.

So this is a big thanks to the early sufferers.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #316
zandron263

I just got mine back from the dealer. They replaced just the 5th bow and it was sent to an offsite shop to do the work. The top and car look good now it's nice and tight and there is no sign of any damage to the other trim or paint. I won't really know if there will be any other issues till spring as I will be washing it and putting it in storage this weekend. I did express my concerns about the factory warranty running out and future issues. The service manager filed a request with GM to extend the top warranty for 2 years. They told me they should get a response from GM in 2 weeks we will see.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #317
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
I have an early build '12. it had the converible top tsb rollup done before i picked it up at the end of May. the only rubbing marks i see are the v - fold marks in the "c pillar" area. no other rub marks or cable issues. I presume that the v - fold marks are normal.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #318
zandron263

I have to give kudos to my dealership and GM on my 5th bow problem and repair. I asked the service manager about getting the top warranty extended due to the known issues with the 2011 models and he told me he would file the paperwork. This week I was notified that my top is now covered until Dec 2016. I did not have to argue or fight with anyone so thanks to Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore NY for knowing how to take care of their customers.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #319
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I have to give kudos to my dealership and GM on my 5th bow problem and repair. I asked the service manager about getting the top warranty extended due to the known issues with the 2011 models and he told me he would file the paperwork. This week I was notified that my top is now covered until Dec 2016. I did not have to argue or fight with anyone so thanks to Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore NY for knowing how to take care of their customers.
That's great, glad to hear GM is stepping up to the plate on these and agreeing to extended warranties. I asked Becky D about that for my car even though I have had no issues yet and she told me just to let her know if I do have problems. I am sure she could get me an extended warranty if I start having problems.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #320
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Still seems to be hit and miss on whether a top get fixed right, or even fixed at all. If GM gave a damn, they would simply direct the correct fix for all of them, and put an end to the shell game.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #321
jsherm007
Always drop the top

Drives: 2014 Stingray Vert 2LT z51
Is there a way to check my VIN for available TSB's? My car has been in storage for about 6mo, and I just got it out this week again. I am not seeing any issues but would like to be preemptive.
jsherm007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #322
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherm007 View Post
Is there a way to check my VIN for available TSB's? My car has been in storage for about 6mo, and I just got it out this week again. I am not seeing any issues but would like to be preemptive.
Send a PM to Brandon (Chevrolet Customser Svc) with your VIN number and request and he will look it up for you.

Tags
tag