Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #29
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
man you are right on the Z28 it has had more time on the road than the SS but that is why I think GM will make the SS top because it was always rarer to have a SS than a Z28. And they only made the SS a few years. But that is part of my reason.But we all have different opions and that is what makes us human and this is a good thing.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #30
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Now that is a bet i would be willing to make.... the ZL1 (or some variation thereof) WILL be the top dog. GM would be crazy not to produce at the very least a limited number of these cars. Just think of the publicity Camaro would get. If they produced a limited number I think the Corvette group would be ok with it and would not feel like Camaro is intruding. I for one would be blown away if they do not release a Camaro with the LS7 or LS9 or whatever they will have out by then.

A car like that would be the perfect way to usher in this new generation of Camaros
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #31
LowRider
LowRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Now that is a bet i would be willing to make.... the ZL1 (or some variation thereof) WILL be the top dog. GM would be crazy not to produce at the very least a limited number of these cars. Just think of the publicity Camaro would get. If they produced a limited number I think the Corvette group would be ok with it and would not feel like Camaro is intruding. I for one would be blown away if they do not release a Camaro with the LS7 or LS9 or whatever they will have out by then.

A car like that would be the perfect way to usher in this new generation of Camaros
man I can't agree more with ya.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #32
fierocamaro
69 Camaro lover

Drives: 1969 Camaro
the new Camaro sketches of the convertible are really cool. It is one of the only cars that look good as a convertible. (I hate convetibles) I wold have to see it with the top up. I hate soft top convertibles so I hope they come out with the hardtop convetible right away. but the probably wont because of weight and price restirctions.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:00 PM   #33
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocamaro View Post
the new Camaro sketches of the convertible are really cool. It is one of the only cars that look good as a convertible. (I hate convetibles) I wold have to see it with the top up. I hate soft top convertibles so I hope they come out with the hardtop convetible right away. but the probably wont because of weight and price restirctions.
Completely agree. This new body looks great as a convertible. I think it's because the overhangs aren't too long. Usually cars with long rear and front overhangs ends up looking insanely long when in convertible form.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #34
LowRider
LowRider

Bruno your right, this Camaro looks perfect because of it's short decklid, and long hood, and low roofline.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:20 AM   #35
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
Not that I am from the 60's generation, but I am a big fan. The word "sleeper" comes to mind. I agree that over doing it would ruin the whole thing. Who truly wants a plastic cladded new camaro? If changes and gaudy looks are what you want, call Pontiac and have them bring back the "too pricy" trans am.
Seanskny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:58 AM   #36
LowRider
LowRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanskny View Post
Not that I am from the 60's generation, but I am a big fan. The word "sleeper" comes to mind. I agree that over doing it would ruin the whole thing. Who truly wants a plastic cladded new camaro? If changes and gaudy looks are what you want, call Pontiac and have them bring back the "too pricy" trans am.
hey man don't put down the pontiac they were nice cars and fast to and had good looks.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #37
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think the TA's were over priced as well...by a whole bunch. The looks on the other hand were pretty darn cool if u ask me. I loved the look of the TA and didn't buy one becuase they were way out of my price range at the time.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #38
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
I love the look of a nice 4th GEN SS Camaro, but the front end of the WS6 is hard to beat

OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #39
yourbassist

Drives: '96 Intrepid
IMO a late 4th gen Trans Am (Ram Air or WS6) puts every other car I've seen so far to shame, so ballsy.

The front end shot they show of the car in the commercial says it all.

INTIMIDATION.
yourbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #40
LowRider
LowRider

I agree w/you but i like the front end to but really like the hood, but I really like the taillights to, they were sweet looking. But I have the Ram air hood on my Camaro and S-10. It looks sweet.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #41
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbassist View Post
IMO a late 4th gen Trans Am (Ram Air or WS6) puts every other car I've seen so far to shame, so ballsy.

INTIMIDATION.
I was never a fan of the Firebird, especially the 4th gens. IMO it looked like something out of a bad comic book. Too much going on in the styling. I like cars that are simple yet aggressive (ie the 4th gen Camaro SS and the current GTOs) . And what is up with that rear spoiler on the 4th get firebirds...
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #42
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbassist View Post

INTIMIDATION.
That was cool. My favorite ad of that era was when teh WS6 swallowed up the car in front of it at the traffic light, I think it was a Lotus or something?

GM has had some good ads on TV
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote