Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #57
Our1stCamaro

Drives: VR 2ssRs
We have the only Camaro in our neighborhood and people definitely stare. We even had this one kid hull ass on his bicycle to try to keep up. He followed us all the way to our house.
Our1stCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #58
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
i get it, not all the time and no one evr asks for a drive uless theyr are friends of friends.
But i have let complete strangers sit in it. Many. I love it when they are in shock with the quality of the interior. I like to show off GMs great work
ahh the good ole days of you offering to let me sit in it and giving me a ride

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #59
baysinger
baysinger

Drives: 2010 IOM M6 SS
I got mine in July and the second day it was home the postman knocked on the door and wanted to take pictures of it. Even now when I gas up people ask permission to take photos of the car. I have learned one thing though, my son who works at a local Nissan dealership here in town, DO NOT MESS WITH A (GTR) IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)
baysinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #60
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
We were getting out of out Camaro at Walmart this evening when a woman stops her car in the middle of the Isle and comes running over and said, "I just have to take a picture of your car, I saw you come into the lot and followed you. My Fiance loves these cars and I just have to get a picture for him", she had 4 cars stopped behind her car while she was out taking the picture...
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #61
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
I'm not getting as much now as I did back in August when I first got it. I literally would have people jump in the road in front of me and put their hand up to stop me to take a picture. I actually won top ten "People's Choice" in a car show back in September, up against mint '55 Chevy's, Lotus Elise, and other sweet, sweet rides...that was cool!!!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #62
camaroincarolina

Drives: 1SS Aqua Blue Metallic
I've had mine since June and still get major looks. It's very true....this car gets attention in a big way! And people always want to make comments like....."Can you handle that much horsepower?" or "What kind of gas mileage do you get?"......WTF! Yes, I can handle it and I didn't buy it to save on gas..LOL!
camaroincarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #63
1Gator

Drives: Black RS 2LT w/White Stripes #81872
Oh yes - they will look! Had mine just under 2 weeks and getting gawkers almost everyday. Even got challenged at a light by a guy in a Mustang! Never happens when I'm driving my Impala. Took me over 3 months to get my car - It was worth the wait!
1Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #64
G.E.

Drives: black on black twenty ten ss/rs
Sadly, I haven't ever really received any attention at all... I have gotten one thumbs up and one verbal comment. It may just be me but when I drive through crowded areas it doesn't even seem to get looked at.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #65
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
Just today I caught 2 people with their phones taking pictures or video of me driving down the road when they pulled up next to me. One of them was at a red light soooooooooooooooo when it turned green I gave em a little show annnnnnddd it was awwwwweeeesome! By the way, did I say I loved this car.
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #66
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
I have had mine about 6 weeks and have had all kinds of people comment on my beautiful ride. Gas stations, car washes, grocery store parking lots, movie theaters, restuarants. I have had people wave to me and want me to roll down my window so they can tell me they love my car. I also have caught people taking pictures of it when it's been parked. I am also guilty of that too. I love to take pictures of these beautiful sexy cars! I love to see people's heads turn to take a second look at my car. Also being a woman with a muscle car seems rare here too so that in itself attracts attention.

I live in the Vegas/Henderson NV area and I do see some on the roads but, it's still pretty rare. I am looking forward to getting together with other gen5 owners. Then we can really turn heads as we cruise down the highway!!!
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 AM   #67
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
I have had my 2SS for 5 days and had almost all of these stories happen to me. I think the best one so far was the little boy walking down the street with his dad. I seen him point to the car and could read his lips “traaaansfooormers” and mine is not yellow. Pretty cool.
The other one was the guy that pulled up next to me in the beater pick up while we were cruising about 35mph and he punched it through a red light in front of a Highway patrolman….busted LOL
Oh yeah I was also at a Super bowl party yesterday and everyone was going on about my new Camaro and I heard a guy behind me mumble something like “what about my Mustang”. Outside the house was sitting his new black Mustang GT. Kind of felt sorry for him LOL

And the 3 most asked questions so far are
How much did it cost?
Is it fast?
Do you like it?

One more thing I have been fallowed by the local law enforcement at least 3 times.
I really hope the weather stays good!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #68
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
5 months, 5 days, still getting gawks and drools!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #69
hair10

Drives: 2SS - Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post

Just FYI, before the FLAMES start, I'm a Combat Service Disabled Veteran, from the 1st Gulf War.
Definitely no flames for that. Maybe for whatever you did to the arse-end of your car... but not for that. :p

hair10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #70
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmaro214 View Post
yeah, i was sitting at a light and a blue mustang gt pulls up next to me, the passenger looked over and looked like a typical stoner, the the driver was twisting his head around to look through his quarter panel, didnt get a good look at him.
So now because you saw someone that looks like a 'typical stoner' all mustang drivers are stroners?!
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote