Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
biojack

Drives: 1LT/RS,MRTv2, Injen
gawkers, swarmers and droolers, really...?

ok...i have been doing nothing but reading consumer reviews, and reading forum posts since i have ordered the car....not sleeping much these days...

Do you all really get that much attention when you drive it?? are the stories of people surrounding your car in parking lots while you are inside shopping, strangers asking to go for rides, people taking pictures..is this all true? or just some overly passionate owners telling tales...

i know i would gawk, but i adore the car and have one ordered....just wonder if it happens every time you go out...

Can't sleep....so excited!!! i love hearing the stories...!
biojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
PacificNWBuckeye

Drives: 2010 Taurus (company car)
I have been guilty of abit of gawking, just because there still aren't many on the road around here yet. I wouldn't ask for a ride, but if the owner didn't seem in a hurry I might ask some questions, how they liked it, gas milage and such.
PacificNWBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Lots of attention from LEO's...

Lots of attention from mustangs...

Lots of attention

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Not as much these days. I never actually got the 'crowd' around it when I came out of the store. I would catch someone walking up to it every now and then to catch a peak. If they saw me, they would stop to ask me about it or just say, nice ride. I do still get a lot of head turning as I'm driving down the road. Regardless of how long its been out, it's still a very unique looking ride, and I think people still appreciate that.

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
TripleX

Drives: 10' Camaro 2SS/RS
Bottom line, this ride gets some serious attention... I thought my truck was bad...

Nearly everytime I stop at a gas station I get ??? or comments...

I also would show some attention to these rides prior to getting ours...

A friend of ours has the 2SS/RS like ours and she is a very shy person... The attention drives her nuts...

Funny story...

The day I picked up the car I came home and me and the wife went for a stroll... She was driving and we stopped at Publix so I could go in and get some items for the grill... Anyways, I'm walking back to the parking lot behind this younger couple... The guy is telling his girl to get her camera phone ready cause he is going to quickly sneak up and stand near the car, mind you my wife is in the driver seat, so she can snap a photo of him beside the car... Inside I'm laughing...

As we are getting closer to the car I tell the guy, "That photo is going to cost you"... They both look back at me with this look like "We're busted" and ask if it's my car... I laugh and tell them to take the picture...
TripleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
I think it depends on where you live, as dumb as it sounds.

I live in Baton Rouge, but I visit my family in Houma every weekend, and I get far more attention in Houma. Kids point and stare, people do that staring-while-not-looking-where-they're-going thing while in the other lane and going in the opposite direction. I get some of that in Baton Rouge, but not as much, even though I see Camaros more often in Houma.
philipdistefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
brtaus

Drives: None
Nope, I really did have a guy ask me for a ride.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
talltom

Drives: Silver LS
Really.

couple of months ago - good looking 20 something blonde waiting at my car as I come out of a coffee shop. Asks is she can sit in it.

last week - guy in 2010 Mustang Shelby GT pulls up and gives ME a thumbs up!

today - some kid and his gf driving by stops and asks if I want to sell my car. (said sure and gave him my phone number...I'll buy another one just like the one I got)

Why he doesn't go to a dealer I don't know, but I do remember what it used to be like when I was driving with my girlfriend and saw a cool car.

Silver LS - manual, white stripes, black interior, and those swell 18" black steelies! (18" Bavarian aluminum in the garage).
talltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #9
TripleX

Drives: 10' Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by talltom View Post
couple of months ago - good looking 20 something blonde waiting at my car as I come out of a coffee shop. Asks is she can sit in it.
Ya, umm, the car is definitely a CDI magnet.. But lets keep that on the down low...
TripleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #10
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
When I got my SS/RS in June I couldn't believe the attention I got. I had at least 10 people that had their picture taken with my car. I let a couple of people have their picture taken sitting in my car. Every time I got gas I would get a small crowd around me. People at traffic lights would ask me to put my window down so they could ask me questions. It was getting to the point of being annoying but the attention was pretty cool.

The car has been in storage since November so I haven't been driving it but the last couple of times I drove it in the fall it seemed like the attention was about done. It's destined to be just another sports car where people will look at it and think "cool looking car" but that's about it.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
biojack

Drives: 1LT/RS,MRTv2, Injen
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipdistefano View Post
I think it depends on where you live, as dumb as it sounds.

I live in Baton Rouge, but I visit my family in Houma every weekend, and I get far more attention in Houma. Kids point and stare, people do that staring-while-not-looking-where-they're-going thing while in the other lane and going in the opposite direction. I get some of that in Baton Rouge, but not as much, even though I see Camaros more often in Houma.

Understood...I haven't seen one yet in my city (but did see someone just outside the city is a c5 member...makes sense!
biojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
ApolloWar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yes, really.

Like philip... said it probably depends on where ya live but the last two times I drove it, two different set of kids stared and either pointed or gave the thumbs up.
ApolloWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Most definitely. I had two young ladies wave me down at a red light to tell me the LOVED my car. ALWAYS get questions when I get gas.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
RSSSIOM

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM 6M
after i picked up my camaro and was driving home i was driving through an intersection w/ an overpass on my left. it just so happened that there was a corvette coming from under the overpass using the turnaround lane. as he came from underneath it he saw me and decided that he had to "show me up", but when he accelerated he forgot to look at the road ahead of him (he couldnt take his eyes of me ha) and ended up running up onto the curb and almost completely wiping out it was hilarious