Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Question Calling all Vendors with CAI's - PROVE Your CAI Gains! READ

Those of you manufacturers that are up for an Unbiased Real world test of your air intake systems can send them to Jannetty Racing Ent Inc. 2984 East Main st. Waterbury Ct 06705, 203-753-7223

You are welcome to be present for the testing, if Not I will Video tape and Narrate the entire test.

I have the equipment to data log air intake temps just before the Throttle body as well as HP torque and Pressure Drop.

All Parts will be returned to the Manufacturer after all testing is complete.

I don't want any compensation for this test, I just want Answers as to Who has the best system.

Anyone who offers compensation will be omitted from the test.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Those of you manufacturers that are up for an Unbiased Real world test of your air intake systems can send them to Jannetty Racing Ent Inc. 2984 East Main st. Waterbury Ct 06705, 203-753-7223

You are welcome to be present for the testing, if Not I will Video tape and Narrate the entire test.

I have the equipment to data log air intake temps just before the Throttle body as well as HP torque and Pressure Drop.

I don't want any compensation for this test, I just want Answers as to Who has the best system.

Ted.
That's about as good as it gets for a fair test! . Now, let's see who will or won't do this and why. I think we may find out who's blowing hot air about thier CAI's.
And a big "THANK YOU" for offering to do this.

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
ADM HIGHFLOW INTAKE OFF TO JANNETTY RACING

Quote:

Ted.

UPS TRACKING #1Z667AX3NY97585639

Update - EAST BOSTON, MA, US 09/22/2009 10:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
09/22/2009 8:02 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PHILADELPHIA, PA, US 09/22/2009 6:30 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
09/22/2009 5:31 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US 09/22/2009 1:35 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US 09/21/2009 8:59 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 09/21/2009 1:19 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

MODERATORS PLEASE split this thread and start a new thread at JANNETY RACING's post offering to test 2010 Camaro CAI's. This will make it much easier for members and vendors to track the results of Ted's valued time.

Andy

Last edited by ADM PERFORMANCE; 09-22-2009 at 10:45 PM.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I'd pay $7 for that mag. Somehow I think i'd get the article here cheaper though.
Me too... maybe even $8. This is a good idea that can/should be repeated with other performance parts/mods too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillman Speed View Post
...You CAN provide fair results. Obviously not on a one day ordeal where they're run back to back to back, but if proper cool down time is alloted, datalogs are present, air/fuel ratio and spark advance are givien...
I agree, this should be very doable given man's ability to manipulate his environments... and it's settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
I would like to see

New Era Performance
Vararam
Airaid
Late Model Racecraft
Texas Speed
Henessey
The ADM Performance unit should absolutely be on this list... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
UPS TRACKING #1Z667AX3NY97585639
... ...and it's good to see that Andy is all over getting one of the ADM units sent over for testing/comparison (I've added this tracking number to my tracker. Too bad we can't use it to track the actual test results!)

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Alright all you other vendors...ADM has stepped up to the plate...Lets get
this done yall.

Last edited by NAHURRY; 09-21-2009 at 06:51 PM.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Kudos to Ted at Jannetty Racing for geting into this evaluation. As has been said elsewhere I hope Ted does all the tests with the hood down the way we drive the cars. Fans blowing cooling air would be OK as well. And, hopefully he can get some temps before and after the filter while doing on road testing. Thanks Ted!!!
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Quote:

Ted.
Ted,

You've displayed to me and all the other members here a level of character and honesty that should be instilled in people every where. All this talk of magazines and someone that clearly has a vested interest in the results conducting the test....PHOOEY!

I personally appreciate you, your company and most importantly YOUR TIME. KUDOS to you for INDEPENDENTLY and UNBIASLY offering your resources. I hope all the other vendors have the gumption to back up there talk with an intake just as ADM has. Andy is a standup guy and it is clearly evident to me that you are as well, sir.

Pat

MODERATORS - SPLIT THE THREAD - MEMBERS NEED THIS INFORMATION FROM TED's POST (post #91) ONWARD!

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
Ted,

You've displayed to me and all the other members here a level of character and honesty that should be instilled in people every where. All this talk of magazines and someone that clearly has a vested interest in the results conducting the test....PHOOEY!

I personally appreciate you, your company and most importantly YOUR TIME. KUDOS to you for INDEPENDENTLY and UNBIASLY offering your resources. I hope all the other vendors have the gumption to back up there talk with an intake just as ADM has. Andy is a standup guy and it is clearly evident to me that you are as well, sir.

+1.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
In the end

I am really excited about this test...Hence the 2nd day air shipping!

Andy
Owner of ADM Performance
214-228-8782
admperformance@gmail.com

Last edited by ADM PERFORMANCE; 09-21-2009 at 08:02 PM.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
This is great and one of the things that makes a club/forum like Camaro5 such a great place to belong to.

This is totally OT (kinda sorta) but I would like to see a test where different size rims/tires were tested for 0-60 times and 60-0 time/distance. To be fair the same style rim should be used with the same brand/type of tire but in different sizes; i.e. the factory sizes as the baseline, then a 19" rim/tire, a 21" rim/tire, a 22" rim tire in order to see actual numbers on just what the different sizes really do for performance, both for acceleration and equally as important, for stopping power/distances.

If it were practical it might be nice to test cornering too but not everybody does hard cornering and driver skill in that area makes a massive difference so that's a lot harder to test. The two things every Camaro owner does is accelerate and stop. It would be an interesting safety test to see just how much the different sizes affects stopping distances.

I think it's great to see the forums doing a better and more objective job of testing these kinds of things compared to magazines who have to please their advertisers.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #11
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Ok so where is LMR and the other vendors? Get those things sent off. I have the LMR and am happy with it but curious as to all of them. GIT R DUN
Old 09-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #12
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjewel View Post
Ok so where is LMR and the other vendors? Get those things sent off. I have the LMR and am happy with it but curious as to all of them. GIT R DUN
Right, seems like ADM is the only one to confirm a shipment so far... I'm also interested to see the head/head comparisons.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:12 AM   #13
Ltespd

Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
What about the ROTOFab?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:52 AM   #14
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltespd View Post
What about the ROTOFab?