Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #155
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
remember that when ordering started in October 2009, 80% of cars were SS, BOTH blue colors were not available as SS, only V6, thru web input GM finally decided to allow Blue SS to be ordered, AFTER thanksgiving 2009, two months later. And remember that there was much discussion of people that changed anything on an order, usually something got dropped, like RS package, a lot of people afraid to change. I ordered in December, but changed the order in February, and had to fix it when RS package got dropped. Glad I got ABM, of course White was my second choice, which was not to begin production for months after production began, did not want to wait, was 7 of 9 at dealership, but came in No. 3 in June.
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #156
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
remember that when ordering started in October 2009, 80% of cars were SS, BOTH blue colors were not available as SS, only V6, thru web input GM finally decided to allow Blue SS to be ordered, AFTER thanksgiving 2009, two months later. And remember that there was much discussion of people that changed anything on an order, usually something got dropped, like RS package, a lot of people afraid to change. I ordered in December, but changed the order in February, and had to fix it when RS package got dropped. Glad I got ABM, of course White was my second choice, which was not to begin production for months after production began, did not want to wait, was 7 of 9 at dealership, but came in No. 3 in June.
Same here. Glad I got my ABM, if not it would have been white.
I had two orders because the first dealer screwed me, I was way down on their list but went with a new dealer and got moved up. I received my car in September of '09.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #157
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
I saw this car during the race and really liked the color, but ABM never came to mind. This car went from blue in the sun to blue/purple in the shade. To me ABM always looks blue/green in the sun and blue in the shade.
You have hit the nail on the head! ABM looks teal or "aqua" when in shade or overcast conditions. Its the pearl in the color formula. I agree, the color of this car in question is NOT Aqua Blue Metallic. Whatever it is, it works!....now, if GM would pull their head out of their rear and make this color available...that would be real news. However, as a long time follower of this car and knowing that GM seems to make moves slower than molasses in January, I am not holding my breath. If GM would make this a special-order "heritage" option...GREAT. I would even pay extra for it...just like the Synergy Green. I don't understand why GM has such a stigma about Blue on this car. GET IT TOGETHER, GM!!! The buyers have spoken! (for about the 1,000,000th time!)
Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #158
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I have ABM and while that first pic looked like ABM, seeing the last few Becky posted, it's not ABM. Too blue.

That said, I LOVE this color!! It's what I wanted when I ordered my ABM. I just settled on ABM cause it was as close as I was gonna get at the time. If this new blue is offered, I'd order one and sell my ABM in a heartbeat. I want some of the new features: i.e. HUD, backup camera, new stereo, but I want a blue like ABM before I'd order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post

It seems as though it is slightly less metallic and has less of a Green pearl hue to it.
Both are beautiful as is the Jet Stream Blue.

BTW, from what I had read they got rid of the ABM because it was not water based so if they did bring it back it would probably not be 100% the same.
Agree with the last two statements after seeing the last two shots from Becky. In the sun this and ABM looks pretty much exact, but this one seems to retain more of a blue instead of teal/blue in the shade. I'm guessing it is JetStream Blue now.

Whatever it is...it is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I believe fbodfather said they got rid of it because it was the least selling color. It was almost IBM at the time, but IBM had a couple thousand more sold than ABM.
Yep...ABM did not sell well...probably because the images of it on the website were horrible. I never even considered it until I started seeing actual pictures. Now I'd not trade it for any other current color...never never.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #159
DUGG

Drives: 2010 Imperial Blue Metallic 2LT
I think it is a mixture of the old IROC bright blue metallic and the Vette's Jetstream Blue. I have an IBM and the color on the pace car is the color I wished for when I bought mine..........please PRODUCE THIS COLOR BLUE....!!!!!!
DUGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #160
BergerSS

Drives: 2010 Jetstream Blue Berger SS
Jet Stream Blue

2010 Berger SS, Black car re-paint In Corvette Jet Stream blue. The 2002 Black car re-paint in Lemans Blue....

http://www.camaroperformers.com/feat...-ss/index.html
Attached Images

BergerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #161
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergerSS View Post
2010 Berger SS, Black car re-paint In Corvette Jet Stream blue. The 2002 Black car re-paint in Lemans Blue....

That is an awesome looking car. I like the color and stripes. Nice wheels also. I don't like a lot of aftermarket wheels, but those look good.

Bump for GM to build a good looking blue ZL1.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #162
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

The Jet Stream Blue is AWESOME! GM is missing the boat not putting this on the Camaro.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #163
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The Jet Stream Blue is AWESOME! GM is missing the boat not putting this on the Camaro.
Affirmative. How many people have tom yell it from the rooftops that we want a real metallic blue. There is no possible way that Dusk blue was more requested than Jetstream. They'll probably release the blue I've been wating for weeks after I get my 1LE.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #164
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

Are those yours? Love the fourth gen SS.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #165
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Affirmative. How many people have tom yell it from the rooftops that we want a real metallic blue. There is no possible way that Dusk blue was more requested than Jetstream. They'll probably release the blue I've been wating for weeks after I get my 1LE.
EXACTLY. How many of us have to beg GM for a real metallic bright blue. It's ridiculous. If you get your 1LE Camaro, and then GM releases a new blue metallic we all want....well....then you know HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #166
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
This color is beautiful. We want jetstream blue, GM!
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #167
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
This color is beautiful. We want jetstream blue, GM!
Got my vote

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #168
SROD
THE ROD MAN

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS #631
beautiful car there! here is mine