Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
lilspicy

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
The College Kid's Camaro Project

As you can probably infer from the title of this thread, I am, for lack of a better phrase, ballin' on a budget. I just bought a 2014 2LS a little over a month ago after owning a Jeep for 8 years. I have absolutely no idea what is going on. This is my thread. Welcome to hell.

Name:  FullSizeRender 2aks.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  272.0 KB

So far, I've just plasti-dipped the rims and bowties, and put some vinyl gills on that I bought from Big Worm Graphix. It ended up looking like I did the gills with my feet, so I'm getting them redone tomorrow and adding in some hood spears.

Next on my to-do list is lighting. Having a hard time finding lights I like, so if anybody has suggestions or ideas, hit me up.

Well, that's it for now. Catch ya later, Camaro5.
lilspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Welcome to the madness, mods are going to start getting real addicting!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Get a catch can immediately if you plan on driving this for a while (like your Jeep). Best $150 investment you can make for these engines.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
College student here also with a 2LS, albeit a grad student now. Best way to save up money is figure out your priorities and what is more important; ex drinking with your friends or car parts.

Ohhh and contact Justin Hillard (IG datv6tho, camaro5 ghosted), he can hook you up with very good discounts and is one of the go too guys for information on the LFX and parts in general. Good luck with your build!
Old 05-28-2020, 02:54 AM   #5
Grahamexl

Drives: Camaro z28, Lexus SC 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroatcollege
Where do you guys get the money for such projects? Is there any fund or something for a college student like me? I've got a 2000 Camaro Z28 SS.
BR, Chris
Hi Chris, I started saving cash back in high school to do a restoration project (I've got dad's Camaro z28). Got some spare parts from garage sales mostly, then I was lucky to run into a schoolmate who helped me a lot.
Grahamexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #6
HalStuart

Drives: Nissan Qashqai
Hey guys, hope you are still here and would tell me - how is your restoration project, Grahamels?
HalStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:12 AM   #7
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Nice ride.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:04 AM   #8
Kevin606

Drives: Camaro SS 1969
Idk why, but I want a number like yours. I am also just a college student with big dreams of a successful career for having the possibility to buy my dream car. I invest in my actual studies, and you can continue reading about the essay rewriter I access to improve and paraphrase my essays quickly and easily. It helps me avoid plagiarism and therefore succeed at college. I have great aims and plans.

Last edited by Kevin606; 10-11-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Kevin606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 03:09 PM   #9
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome and congrats! I've installed lighting mods from Diode Dynamics and Oracle before. Check out my build if you want to see any of what I have done. Also, with a refresh 5th gen, on Phastek they have some great rear light upgrades. I believe they're called Hero Taillights. IMO, they're much better than the factory lights.

Good luck and happy modding!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 2014 2ls, 2ls, texas, victory red