Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Service Stable Track

I have been getting the message every time right after start up to "Service Stable Track" Just randomly popped up and I have know idea. Should i just take it right to the dealer if this is that serious or is it something that I am missing? It drives normal and I have no idea how it even came up.
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
I am assuming that you have paid for the car with money in perfect working conditions , so one have to expect that the goods paid for will be just the same , no more no less , just to be fair .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I am assuming that you have paid for the car with money in perfect working conditions , so one have to expect that the goods paid for will be just the same , no more no less , just to be fair .
Old 01-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
I was reading your signature and noticed you have put a Cold Air Intake on your vehicle, am i correct?
If so, please unplug and re-plug (Make Sure It Clicks Into Connector All The Way) your MAF sensor connected to your intake tube, then see if the Service Stabilitrack goes away after idling for 5 minutes or so! If at first it does not go away turn off and remove your keys for 15 minutes then restart to see if it trouble code has gone away.
Please come back and post your results, thanks!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
I was reading your signature and noticed you have put a Cold Air Intake on your vehicle, am i correct?
If so, please unplug and re-plug (Make Sure It Clicks Into Connector All The Way) in your MAF sensor connected to your intake tube, then see if the Service Stabilitrack goes away after idling for 5 minutes or so! If at first it does not go away turn off and remove your keys for 15 minutes then restart to see if it trouble code has gone away.
Please come back and post your results, thanks!
Thanks! I will do this right away in the morning
Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
And stabillitrac works through the brake system, so just look over and check fluid levels
Parag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
evilbeef54
tail lights for u

Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
and i see that you have LT's check all your spark plug wires, i know weird but i just installed my LT's last night and had to re-adjust some stuff this morning and didnt get one of the spark plug wires connected again and i was getting stabilitrack errors, as soon as i connected that plug wire everything went back to normal
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RY M6- LOVIN' it
Kooks LT's & HFC's, Flowmaster Single chamber mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, ADM Scoop, Rotofab w/w relocate

Semper Paratus

You have to go out You don't have to come back!!!
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
dfield23

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Mine was just doing this after a hit the side of a curb in terrible weather. Took it to the dealer and the sway bar got bent so now im look at 680 to fix it!! Hope ur problem wasnt as bad as mine
Old 01-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Guys, this is a very common problem in these cars. If all you get is a quick flash message during or right after start, it's because the car's been turned over before that portion of the system has "loaded" or booted up. No, I'm not kidding. HOw this was not discovered in testing by GM is beyond me, but once I figured it out, the message has never been back. And, I can recreate the message with a hasty start.

Before you stress out and go to a dealer, try this. Works every time for me.

Close your door. Turn the key over to "on" (not start) and let the gauges sweep and the seatbelt chime, and all usual warning lights extinguish. I think the seatbelt chime 'dings' like 3-5 times. THEN, turn it over to start and let the engine start. Shouldn't get a message. Ever. Unless there's something actually wrong with Stabilitrak, in which case, the message will hold and will not go away.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
LS3CAM
TheBeerMan

Drives: 2010 RS/2SS Camaro LS3 CGM Sunroof
Mine does this from time to time too. Not to worried. As 1BADLS3 said its all in the startup sequence. My Silverado Z71 will say Service 4X4 from time to time as well.
LS3CAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
If I sit in my car with the key in the on position to like have the fan blower on for a few minutes and then start the car (or maybe I turn it off and then start the car, cant remember now), I get the message for a split second. It's got something to do with the startup sequence.
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
if i do a donut my service stabilitrak message comes on, any clue why? i turn off traction control and stabilitrak, do a donut (think it has to be a full 360 or close to it, i don't think a 180 for a u turn does it) and my service stabilitrak pops up. does that mean its trying to tell me to turn it on or that something is wrong?
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #13
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RsCamaro View Post
I have been getting the message every time right after start up to "Service Stable Track" Just randomly popped up and I have know idea. Should i just take it right to the dealer if this is that serious or is it something that I am missing? It drives normal and I have no idea how it even came up.

You mean StabiliTrac..Its your electronic traction control. Have onstar run a diag.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
sleep4fun

Drives: Nightfall Gray 1SS M6
I am having the same problem as BlackSSRS. and i cant cycle the message away with the twist nob it doesnt go away untill i turn the car off then back on.
sleep4fun is offline   Reply With Quote