Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #43
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Thank you all for your support. I just passed the 8 month mark of sobriety and have absolutely no desire to put any mind altering substances in my body. I am active in AA and have found what I have always been looking for, a design for living that I could have never found had I not found this program. Also, I am keeping my Camaro and will be driving it again in a couple of years. Thanks again everyone. God bless.
Addiction is one of the few diseases you have any choice in - I'm glad you're making the right choice now. I have a number of alcoholics in my family, and have seen how hard it can be to make the choice to be sober. Most have setbacks eventually - hopefully, if you do end up incarcerated, that will help you stay away from the setbacks. That is your silver lining in all of this - hold onto it...
Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #44
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Those that wish ill things on others for their past mistakes likely have skeletons in their own closet. And while the opinions are valid, probably shouldn't be skewering someone in public who's manning up and admitting they've been doing wrong in the past. You may have a right to say it, but to me you look like a cruel, redneck azzhole while doing so.

Anything that impairs your ability to think clearly is a danger to others, legal or not. I have no problem if you want to drink yourself stupid in your house, or smoke weed until your head pops while you lay on the couch and eat 10 bags of chips. But please DON'T do it where it can adversely affect others. And I do think that "impaired driving" should have heavier fines/penalties. The object is to save innocent lives. And by default, the impaired driver's, too.

That said, while I'm admonishing the past sins of midnighter, I do wish him all the best in righting the ship and keeping it on course for a brighter future.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #45
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
As a person who has seen the affects of drunk drivers I do not have any sypmathy for you.

My sister was hit by a drunk driver when she was 17 years old, unfortuntely the drunk driver died instantly and my sister was left to live a life less fortunate. After 37 surgeries to save her life, 3 mis-carriages in her older years and the scars from that tragic afternoon people like you don't deserve the life you have.

While she struggles every day to just get out of bed, from the broken pelvis that really never recovered, broke both legs ( all her bones in both legs ) hips, back, ribs, both arms, jaw, eye sockets I guess she is really lucky to be alive.

So please spare the rhetoric about the third DUI and losing your license and having to put your car in storage. You have a CHOICE each and everytime you drink, and then you have another CHOICE when you drink and DRIVE.

Just imagine how you would feel if it was YOUR daughter, sister or Mother, Just saying.....
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #46
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
DUI driver killed my best freind,
Please get help stop it ,im sure you have someone who loves you ,there hurting also ,
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #47
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Best of luck to you bro. Stay clean.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #48
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
As a person who has seen the affects of drunk drivers I do not have any sypmathy for you.

My sister was hit by a drunk driver when she was 17 years old, unfortuntely the drunk driver died instantly and my sister was left to live a life less fortunate. After 37 surgeries to save her life, 3 mis-carriages in her older years and the scars from that tragic afternoon people like you don't deserve the life you have.

While she struggles every day to just get out of bed, from the broken pelvis that really never recovered, broke both legs ( all her bones in both legs ) hips, back, ribs, both arms, jaw, eye sockets I guess she is really lucky to be alive.

So please spare the rhetoric about the third DUI and losing your license and having to put your car in storage. You have a CHOICE each and everytime you drink, and then you have another CHOICE when you drink and DRIVE.

Just imagine how you would feel if it was YOUR daughter, sister or Mother, Just saying.....
Nobody is asking for sympathy here, I am addressing that I have got help and plan to live the remainder of my life a sober man of responsible thinking. I don't plan on putting alcohol or any other mind altering substances in this body again. Sorry to hear about your sister. Back then I was being as selfish as the individual who caused her all this unnecessary pain and suffering. Today I love others and woundn't think of doing what I used to do ever again. I have the support of the AA fellowship and communicate with others about my alcoholism and don't need to drink ever again. God bless.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #49
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
DUI driver killed my best freind,
Please get help stop it ,im sure you have someone who loves you ,there hurting also ,
That's what this thread is about.....I have got that help before it gets to that of being responsible for taking an innocent human being's life because of my selfish ways. I am in recovery and never intend to put alcohol or any other mind altering substance in my body. I also hope others out there can learn from this thread and from comments like yours that drunk driving is a selfish act where an individual doesn't love anyone and doesn't care what the outcome is of their choices, often resulting in someone else dieing. Sorry to hear about your best friend. I have taken the steps neccessary to never be that person like the one who did that to your friend. God bless
Old 04-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #50
midnighter
Account Suspended

Thanks everyone. Please drive safe and responsibly.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #51
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
That's what this thread is about.....I have got that help before it gets to that of being responsible for taking an innocent human being's life because of my selfish ways. I am in recovery and never intend to put alcohol or any other mind altering substance in my body. I also hope others out there can learn from this thread and from comments like yours that drunk driving is a selfish act where an individual doesn't love anyone and doesn't care what the outcome is of their choices, often resulting in someone else dieing. Sorry to hear about your best friend. I have taken the steps neccessary to never be that person like the one who did that to your friend. God bless
Stay clean and strong your family needs and loves you, Good luck
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #52
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
I think people should cut the OP some slack.
We can all agree that drink driving is incredibly stupid, irresponsible and criminal, and I'm pretty sure we'd get no argument from the OP on that.
However the OP came clean with the Camaro5 community and is now (hopefully) on the road to recovery. I fail to see how berating him over how stupid and irresponsible his actions were are going to help him achieve this end.

I think in situations like this, if you don't have anything nice to say...
Old 04-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #53
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Be strong OP - God has a plan, let him guide you.