Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
what do the tow links do for u , drag racing wise im clueless . better yet anyone know where i can find a suspension guide to learn more about it

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
suzbndt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2011 Mustang GT
Gets rid of chatter. Toe links keep the tires from toeing in or out as the tires are on the limits of adhesion. I want those control arms and engine compartment brace for Autox. Which is what I love to do. I will have the fastest gen5 overall at LSFest this year. I went with my car stock last year it wont be anywhere near stock this year.
suzbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #17
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
what do the tow links do for u , drag racing wise im clueless . better yet anyone know where i can find a suspension guide to learn more about it
When a car begins to accelerate various bushings and suspension/chassis components deflect. Under normal driving conditions the flexing is negligible but when the car is launched aggressively it can cause significant toe changes which reduce the contact patch of the rear tires. This leads to a reduction in traction which obviously is not helpful. Toe rods set the rear wheels in a fixed position to help maintain traction.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Great illustrations and descriptions Chase as always.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #19
G8V8

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8GT
It is good to see threads addressing how important good suspensions are to going fast, both in the hills and on the strip. I have a G8GT (438 rwhp, 12.20 on 20" A/S Contis). I have about every suspension piece Pedders makes and I just added adjustable rear toe links, adjustable rear control arms and trailing arms from BMR. Each came with poly bushings. These new arms made an already fantastic, sure footed sedan even better. It is hard to describe but easy to feel. An added bonus of the BMR lower control arms is that they will fit with the Pedders V8 SuperCar remote coil overs. Other arms I've looked at will not fit with them. The BMR arms only require mounting the left coilover on the right and the right on the left and reversing the orientation of the upper adjuster. It is a sweet set-up and the BMR arms are worth every penny they cost and then some.

The SuperCar coilovers have separate compression and rebound adjusters so for the strip i can set them up like drag shocks and get better weight transfer to the rear wheels. These settings, improved suspenion and BMR arms really plant the car.

My 12.2 run was done on very heavy 20" wheels and All-season tires. The next trip will be on 19" summer-only on lighter wheels (total weight savings is 70 pounds). If the track Gods smile on me, I'm hoping to hit or at least frighten the 11s.

I know DRs would be even better but I'm having too much fun being in grocery-getter mode.

0-groceries in 4.3 sec.
'09 CTS-V Brakes
Patrick G Custom Cam
P&P Heads
Crawford Ported Intake
Kooks 1 7/8 Mids
BMR Adj Rear LCA & Toe links, Trailing Arms
Pedders V8 SuperCar Coilover Track II w/ STB, Adj Bars & full Bushing set.
VCM CAI VMR 701
G8V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8V8 View Post
It is good to see threads addressing how important good suspensions are to going fast, both in the hills and on the strip. I have a G8GT (438 rwhp, 12.20 on 20" A/S Contis). I have about every suspension piece Pedders makes and I just added adjustable rear toe links, adjustable rear control arms and trailing arms from BMR. Each came with poly bushings. These new arms made an already fantastic, sure footed sedan even better. It is hard to describe but easy to feel. An added bonus of the BMR lower control arms is that they will fit with the Pedders V8 SuperCar remote coil overs. Other arms I've looked at will not fit with them. The BMR arms only require mounting the left coilover on the right and the right on the left and reversing the orientation of the upper adjuster. It is a sweet set-up and the BMR arms are worth every penny they cost and then some.

The SuperCar coilovers have separate compression and rebound adjusters so for the strip i can set them up like drag shocks and get better weight transfer to the rear wheels. These settings, improved suspenion and BMR arms really plant the car.

My 12.2 run was done on very heavy 20" wheels and All-season tires. The next trip will be on 19" summer-only on lighter wheels (total weight savings is 70 pounds). If the track Gods smile on me, I'm hoping to hit or at least frighten the 11s.

I know DRs would be even better but I'm having too much fun being in grocery-getter mode.

0-groceries in 4.3 sec.
Thanks for the feedback Ed!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
G8V8

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8GT
Kyle, I could not be happier with the arms. Not only are the better than stock, they make rear alignment so much easier. I align mine myself and it was so much faster I had more time to drink beer.
'09 CTS-V Brakes
Patrick G Custom Cam
P&P Heads
Crawford Ported Intake
Kooks 1 7/8 Mids
BMR Adj Rear LCA & Toe links, Trailing Arms
Pedders V8 SuperCar Coilover Track II w/ STB, Adj Bars & full Bushing set.
VCM CAI VMR 701
G8V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8V8 View Post
Kyle, I could not be happier with the arms. Not only are the better than stock, they make rear alignment so much easier. I align mine myself and it was so much faster I had more time to drink beer.
That is always good to hear! It is nice when you can get done with your work and have some extra time left over for the important stuff.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #23
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Wow thats huge man, I want!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #24
suzbndt

Long tubes installed got to say that is a huge improvement too
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #25
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Is this 1/8 mile? Not to be neg but I was pulling 8.6s with 1.90 60ft all night in stock form.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #26
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
After doing most of BMR suspention stuff i got way more power to the ground, and with the 4.10 gears it realy helps.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #27
suzbndt

Autos are way better at the strip. I will not completely abuse my car. So stock form you either have to ride the clutch, let it wheel hop, or let it bog stock with the 6speed. Now I just release the clutch a little fast and it spins like 4-5ft grips and goes!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #28
suzbndt

No fuss or muss. Just goes the way it should have from the facatory.