Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 05-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #505
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
I believe lots of people will change their minds tomorrow after they see better pics of the car inside and out. I know I can't wait until tomorrow to see all the pics rolling in!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Old 05-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #506
benplace

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V
What GM Expected "Wow, I can update my 5th gen, keep the awesome looks and have a lighter faster car!"
Reality "This looks like my current car which is pretty damn fast already and paid for..."
Old 05-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #507
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
Why would they show off the Camaro like this when there were only a day left to show premiere it!!

I like the front only. The hood looks like crap. The back spoiler on the red does no justice. Makes it look bulky and cheap. I prefer the smaller spoiler on the back of the grey. Looks way better.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow for better pictures
Old 05-15-2015, 12:51 PM   #508
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoswag1990 View Post
I'm sorry but this comment is pure lunacy. Have you even seen the 2015 mustang??? Put the 2014 and 2015 next to each other and they are different in almost every way.

Mods deleted my last comment which I find incredibly lame because it was basically the same thing everyone else is saying
To the average buyer...it looks like a Mustang which is exactly what it should be. We as enthusiasts can spot the differences becaue we care to look for them. But the average buyer will not notice what we do. But from the front it looks like a fusion, fiesta, and focus which to me is the only let down.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #509
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Just not feeling it as much hype as this car has had. I agree Front lights look like a Chrysler 200 and the bottom LED's were taken from the 15' Cruze. I would have to see it in person to make a final decision.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #510
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
How can I be a troll... I said I liked the car! You guys both jump on me making comments on the design ... And harp that I need to validate my 2013... You guys need to take a step back. Its a car. You didn't design it. You don't even own it. Relax. Man this thread haha. I don't want to be labled a troll so ill just observe until I feel it nessary to comment.
your last comment was just not necessary. No one is saying you can't like the car in any way. I think most people are just tired of the "it looks like (insert import here)". People just nitpicking and contradicting each other. the car can't look like an import, but look like the 5th gen...unless the 5th gen looks like the same import.

I understand not caring for a few things here and there. that seems to be where you are at. I don't really know if someone has to validate their 5th gen or not. I didn't make that comment, so I have nothing further to say about that.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #511
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
If those were the car, why the camo at the test drive???
Cause the shots on the promo for that segment were a teaser to keep people watching. They weren't going to drive the Camaro around Belle Isle without the camo until after tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #512
mfarhan_amin

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013
this is fake. watch the video...they showed only Camo version and driving around track in V6...

VMAX PORTED THROTTLE BODY, ROTO-FAB CAI, FLOWMASTER OUTLAW AXLE-BACK WITH J-PIPES. VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER. 1LE 3.91 GEARS. KOOKS 1 7/8 LTs, CAT DELETE, GPI SS2 VVT CAM, ATI 10%
UDP, MELLING HIGH VOLUME HIGH PERFORMANCE OIL PUMP
Old 05-15-2015, 12:56 PM   #513
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
I'm not sure why some people are getting upset that 5th gen owners aren't jumping all over this. It looks similar, so why would you want to get rid of one just to get something similar? Unknown performance numbers aside.

Personally if the new Z?? comes out, looks similar, and is close to the power of my ZL1, there is no reason to buy new for what is more than likely going to be more money.

It looks too similar to the 5th gen for anyone's jaw to drop. Now if the SS is running bottom 12s tomorrow, that may change some minds.
Agreed... but what would have made them happy with this release? Obviously they enjoy the current looks because they bought off on them. If the General strays too far, he takes an unneccessary sales risk with low odds they'll impress the 5th gen faithful. If he doesn't go far enough, the threshold for change won't be met to ensure they'll trade in before they are ready.

So tell us, what radical change in looks did you guys want? Point us to some overdone rendering that would never have a chance to actually be mass produced? Did you vet how many people actually like it besides yourselves?

Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, but in my opinion, GM had never really had a chance at getting much positive feedback from 5th gen owners regardless of what they did.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:56 PM   #514
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Mixed feelings here...

On the one hand, I think it looks pretty good... clean design, classy. Looks a lot more expensive that it will likely be. I predict it will be a hit for GM. Should retake the Mustang in short order.

On the other hand, I'm personally sad to see that they made essentially ZERO effort to improve rearward visibility. The rear window is a freakin' tiny slit... possibly smaller than even the 5th gen. Combined with the still-fat c-pillar, expect no improvement at all for over-the-shoulder visibility. I suppose all this can be mitigated with cameras and/or blind-spot detection, but still...
I too had hoped for better visibility in the new Gen 6. It was a deal breaker for me on the 2010-15 model and I had driven new GM cars since 1962. Two Genesis Coupes later I had my hopes up on the new Camaro. Not so much now.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #515
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingSuns View Post
New Mustang: Ugly Front, Nice Rear
New Camaro: Nice Front, Ugly Rear

I would rather have a nice rear as that is what people see the most and I always preferred a nice looking rear end.

My opinion could change once I see some HD pics with the tail lights turned on as well.

2014-2015 tail lights weren't that bad after all. lol

2010-2013 had the best tail lights of all and I'm not just saying that because I own a 2011. lol

Can't complain about the front ends on any gen as they always looked good.
I agree. The 10-13 MY in my opinion looked overall the best, especially from the back.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:01 PM   #516
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
God I hope that's not the actual car.... If so they screwed it up like the rustang... ): saves me 40k+ I guess!!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 05-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #517
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just reading through these comments has me

Old 05-15-2015, 01:03 PM   #518
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'UU View Post
Anyone who has two Chevys in their garage can't troll a Chevy site, you calling him a troll, makes you more of a troll than him.
sure they can. you can have 50 chevy's, and still troll a chevy site. it's all about the content in the post.

for example, I have 3 chevy's currently. I've owned 2 5th gens previously and I currently share a 3rd 5th gen with my significant other. So by your logic, I surely couldn't be a troll either...

Closed Thread