Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Unhappy Dang! I messed up!

I was taking my Camaro off the blocks from the exhaust install when my cheap Kragen floor jack died after taking the blocks out from under the rear tires. I attemped to drive the car off the remaining blocks under the front tires when one block wedged under my front bumper cover shoving it up, creasing it, and tearing my the bumper cover. It also damaged the black trim under the bumper. It is not in a highly visible area but it still sucks! So much for flaw free. I plan on living with it since this is already my second front bumper cover. Not a big deal, just had to vent a little.

Name:  exhaust 020.JPG
Views: 706
Size:  292.8 KB
Name:  damage 4.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  268.8 KB
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Ouch! That sucks. At least YOU weren't injured in the mishap.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
That sucks
Old 09-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
That hurts, not trying to be that guy but why couldn't you call a friend or family member to see if you can use there jack?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
That hurts, not trying to be that guy but why couldn't you call a friend or family member to see if you can use there jack?
Not at the time. I put one block on each side from the ones I took out from under the rear tires and put them against the two and two in the front to creat like a stair pattern but that one block, with the weight of the car, flipped upwards and caught my bumper. I already have a solution for this....."1LE front lip". This lip will cover the damaged area and look awesome. I just need to wait until they are available to purchase next year.

Name:  1LE.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  178.0 KB
Old 09-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
MikeMoach

Still not trying to be that guy just trying to understand what happened, couldn't wait till the next day? And if you couldn't next time screw all the blocks together so they are one piece
Old 09-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Still not trying to be that guy just trying to understand what happened, couldn't wait till the next day? And if you couldn't next time screw all the blocks together so they are one piece
You are not trying hard enough to not be that guy.

I know I know, it could have been easily prevented if I had been patient it's just that I wanted to go try it out with the new exhaust which sounds awesome btw.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
You are not trying hard enough to not be that guy.

I know I know, it could have been easily prevented if I had been patient it's just that I wanted to go try it out with the new exhaust which sounds awesome btw.
sorry just would of thought that through differently I guess, glad you got a plan to cover it and happy with the exhaust though
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
I messed up too:( I hit the garage wall at my house when trying to pull in today, only because it's a very tight fit! I mid judged it...:( Sucks having to fit a land cruiser and a Camaro in a garage, but I got some little cheap pen thing at Costco and it fixed up most of the scratches! Haha
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
If you are saying that you went underneath your car with it only sitting on those small blocks of wood, you are extremely brave. Don't worry about the bumper.

that's like putting alphabet blocks under your tires.

What you have there looks like enough force could send the car moving in any direction. Count your blessings.

Buy (4) large wide metal ramps, and rest each tire on those. Most metal ramps have a ridge on both sides to push against or brace the tire sidewalls, and the tire rests somewhat in a "pocket".
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
If you are saying that you went underneath your car with it only sitting on those small blocks of wood, you are extremely brave. Don't worry about the bumper.

that's like putting alphabet blocks under your tires.

What you have there looks like enough force could send the car moving in any direction. Count your blessings.

Buy (4) large wide metal ramps, and rest each tire on those. Most metal ramps have a ridge on both sides to push against or brace the tire sidewalls, and the tire rests somewhat in a "pocket".
Those blocks are now in my firewood pile.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
:( This is way I don't DO any of my OWN MODS <<
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
:( This is way I don't DO any of my OWN MODS <<
same! only thing i've done to my car is plasti dip!
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote