Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #29
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I want a LS also but without RS. Welcome to the forum.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #30
Mblock66

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
EDIT: I read you went there. So you don't believe the charts?
No I don't buy them for one second. You can very easily alter dyno charts on the fly. It is as simple as a small "drag and drop" to make it look nicer. Never ever buy into dyno charts that aren't done by an unbiased 3rd party on the same dyno same day etc.

For example we took the subaru performance Tuning (SPT) intake that was designed for the subaru legacy BY SUBARU. Basically the same as the GM Perf Part division or Fords Racing Parts division. You get what I mean. SPT is subarus approved performance parts that won't void your warrenty.

Anyway they claimed on a completely stock car the intake would give 7 hp and 10 tq (or something like that) They had a dyno chart to prove it and a lot of fancy words saying "what it did".

Well we bought one and put it on a legacy GT and ran it on our awd dyno. It produced -3 HP and pulled timing all across the board. Basically the intake and the MAF sensor were not talking and the car couldn't adjust on its own for the increase in air. Now not only did it not produce power at peak but across the entire powerband it was negative on the stock car.

So then we said ok, lets try to tune for this intake and see what happens. The best we were able to do on a totally stock car was get like +1 hp out of the intake. We were able to tune the ECU to a 15 HP increase overall. Then when we installed the intake again and tuned FOR THE INTAKE it got us maybe 1 hp.

So my point is not to believe people selling the parts. If you read through that entire thread that company is still bumping their "results" and they have nothing to show for it. No real world tests, no parts for sale, nothing.......buyer beware. Don't believe every dyno you see

And nowhere in that thread did I see the company making the claims say there was no tune on the car. The posters were assuming that. I bet just TUNING the car you can get 15-20 HP. Then maybe with the intake and exhaust another 10 or so. That is much more realistic.
Mblock66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblock66 View Post
No I don't buy them for one second. You can very easily alter dyno charts on the fly. It is as simple as a small "drag and drop" to make it look nicer. Never ever buy into dyno charts that aren't done by an unbiased 3rd party on the same dyno same day etc.

For example we took the subaru performance Tuning (SPT) intake that was designed for the subaru legacy BY SUBARU. Basically the same as the GM Perf Part division or Fords Racing Parts division. You get what I mean. SPT is subarus approved performance parts that won't void your warrenty.

Anyway they claimed on a completely stock car the intake would give 7 hp and 10 tq (or something like that) They had a dyno chart to prove it and a lot of fancy words saying "what it did".

Well we bought one and put it on a legacy GT and ran it on our awd dyno. It produced -3 HP and pulled timing all across the board. Basically the intake and the MAF sensor were not talking and the car couldn't adjust on its own for the increase in air. Now not only did it not produce power at peak but across the entire powerband it was negative on the stock car.

So then we said ok, lets try to tune for this intake and see what happens. The best we were able to do on a totally stock car was get like +1 hp out of the intake. We were able to tune the ECU to a 15 HP increase overall. Then when we installed the intake again and tuned FOR THE INTAKE it got us maybe 1 hp.

So my point is not to believe people selling the parts. If you read through that entire thread that company is still bumping their "results" and they have nothing to show for it. No real world tests, no parts for sale, nothing.......buyer beware. Don't believe every dyno you see

And nowhere in that thread did I see the company making the claims say there was no tune on the car. The posters were assuming that. I bet just TUNING the car you can get 15-20 HP. Then maybe with the intake and exhaust another 10 or so. That is much more realistic.
Interesting to say the least...
I'm not ready to dismiss the claims yet...but this is certainly not something I had considered (at least not to this extent).
Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 AM   #32
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
The box isn't cracked yet. There's no way the car could have been tuned.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #33
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
Hey everyone,

My name is Kevin and I just jumped over here from www.cobaltss.net (the Cobalt Enthusiast's forum). I'm definitely liking the Camaro more and more every time that I see it. Even some of the people from css.net were talking about how much they like it including myself. I currently drive a 06 Cobalt SS Supercharged. I'm actually leasing it and she goes back next summer. I was originally planning on just buying the 09 Cobalt SS Turbocharged, but seeing that they are planning on putting the same goodies in the V6 Camaro (DI, VVT 3.6L 300hp V6), that they have with the (DI, VVT 2.0L LNF) new turbocharged Cobalt SS, I'm definitely going to be waiting to see how much they price the Camaro LT. I'm definitely considering getting a Camaro LT w RS package over the Cobalt SS/TC now...

My only concern as of right now is how much the Camaro LT w RS will cost & how it performs vs the Cobalt SS/TC.

Granted I'll happily pay 5-6 grand more just to get the V6 Camaro even if it performs marginally less than a SS/TC, the awesome looks, RWD, and unique interior hands down make it look better to me than the Cobalt.

Just wondering what any of you know about the Camaro V6, and if you've heard anything on its aftermarket potential?

I read the posts about those of you considering converting the V6 to F.I. and I can def say that I was wondering that too.

And yeah, hopefully the aftermarket segment offers some decent amount of performance for the V6 Camaro like CAI's, headers, cat-back exhausts, tunes, etc...

Thanks guys!
Trust me on this get the Camaro bro! You'll thank me afterwards. It will be just as BIG in the aftermaket as the Mustang! Trust me.
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #34
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR View Post
Trust me on this get the Camaro bro! You'll thank me afterwards. It will be just as BIG in the aftermaket as the Mustang! Trust me.
LOL i'm trusting you guys, I want a Camaro really bad! Just waiting like everyone else is for the release of the pricing of the Camaro...
Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #35
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Don't worry about the V6. I had a 305 (5.0) 2bbl 140hp V8 and I got speeding ticket for beating a 5.0 mustang GT from Texas DPS. (like over 20 years ago just and old fishin' story).

So 300 HP is plenty fast IMO*. Also the value is not just performance but your life experiance with the car. It's the good and bad times etc.

The car has the best safety features. At the end of the day if you can walk away it's just a material thing that can be replaced. So don't worry about all the dwelling on superchargers, nitro and 500+ hp mods and just enjoy the car lol.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #36
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
My bad about the "40 whp gain" thing. I just recalled the numbers wrong
Old 09-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #37
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
WELCOME ! ! ! ! ! !
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #38
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Don't worry about the V6. I had a 305 (5.0) 2bbl 140hp V8 and I got speeding ticket for beating a 5.0 mustang GT from Texas DPS. (like over 20 years ago just and old fishin' story).

So 300 HP is plenty fast IMO*. Also the value is not just performance but your life experiance with the car. It's the good and bad times etc.

The car has the best safety features. At the end of the day if you can walk away it's just a material thing that can be replaced. So don't worry about all the dwelling on superchargers, nitro and 500+ hp mods and just enjoy the car lol.
Yeah, haha I really wouldn't consider slapping on a supercharger, Nitro or anything like that... I'd just buy an SS.

I'm just looking to do some light mods to it. CAI, Headers, Cat-back, Tune, whatever they offer. Just something to give it a little over 300hp and enough to keep the Cobalt SS Turbos from destroying me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
WELCOME ! ! ! ! ! !
Thank you!

I know they keep saying they are planning on having the V6 Camaro do 0-60 in 5.9 seconds... not that .2 or .3 of a second are that important but I think it'll do 0-60 a little quicker than that...

The brand new Accord Coupe, has 271hp 248ft lbs of torque, and weighs 3549lbs... It can do 0-60 in 5.7 with a 6spd. And it's FWD...

The Nissan 350Z's VQ motor puts out 306hp and 280-something ft lbs of torque while it weighs similar or something around that and it does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds...

So if the V6 Camaro weighs around 200lbs lighter than the 3700lbs curb weight of the Camaro SS (lol tell me if I'm wrong) and the 3.6L DI, VVT V6 produces 300HP with 273 ft lbs of torque, could it not do 0-60 somewhere between 5.3-5.7 seconds?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #39
Mblock66

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Quote:
Yeah, haha I really wouldn't consider slapping on a supercharger, Nitro or anything like that... I'd just buy an SS.

I'm just looking to do some light mods to it. CAI, Headers, Cat-back, Tune, whatever they offer. Just something to give it a little over 300hp and enough to keep the Cobalt SS Turbos from destroying me...

Thank you!

I know they keep saying they are planning on having the V6 Camaro do 0-60 in 5.9 seconds... not that .2 or .3 of a second are that important but I think it'll do 0-60 a little quicker than that...

The brand new Accord Coupe, has 271hp 248ft lbs of torque, and weighs 3549lbs... It can do 0-60 in 5.7 with a 6spd. And it's FWD...

The Nissan 350Z's VQ motor puts out 306hp and 280-something ft lbs of torque while it weighs similar or something around that and it does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds...

So if the V6 Camaro weighs around 200lbs lighter than the 3700lbs curb weight of the Camaro SS (lol tell me if I'm wrong) and the 3.6L DI, VVT V6 produces 300HP with 273 ft lbs of torque, could it not do 0-60 somewhere between 5.3-5.7 seconds?
There are a ton of other factors that go into it. Such as gearing and suspension. Also I don't think the V6 curb weight is 3500 lbs. I think it is 3700 and the SS is like 3850 or something. So depending on how aggresive the V6 gearing is I guess it "could" go that fast but it is very doubtful.
Mblock66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #40
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblock66 View Post
There are a ton of other factors that go into it. Such as gearing and suspension. Also I don't think the V6 curb weight is 3500 lbs. I think it is 3700 and the SS is like 3850 or something. So depending on how aggresive the V6 gearing is I guess it "could" go that fast but it is very doubtful.
Yeah I wasn't factoring in gearing... Oh and I looked on the .pdf file here that have the specs on it and yeah LT V6 w manual weighs 3741lbs... I knew this thing was big, but not that big... so probably will do 0-60 in 5.9 stock... (hopefully)

And yeah Camaro SS 3898lbs?

... Well I guess it's not as heavy as the Challenger, but it's close...
Old 09-13-2008, 03:06 AM   #41
TorrentRS
No, Not the Pontiac.

Drives: Parent's 84 Chevy Fug-lebrity.
Quote:
LOL i'm trusting you guys, I want a Camaro really bad! Just waiting like everyone else is for the release of the pricing of the Camaro...
Just price a base Challenger or mustang on their websites and you'll have a pretty good idea about price for the Camaro.
TorrentRS is offline   Reply With Quote