Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #127
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
A little off topic, but technically...they nixed the 1998 F-body.
Scott helped to keep those cars alive for 4 more years. Pouring some of his soul into the task, I'm sure. Something the owners of the LS1 F-bodies are grateful for, I'll wager.

^If all I knew was the above, then that would be enough to assure me that the Camaro is in good hands...but there's just sooo much more that comforts me. It's all been boiled down to a waiting game. And I always win at those games . Mostly because things like this spy-shot keep me sane. :p
Old 12-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #128
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
I was one of the people here who complained about the lack of an angular design on the side of the doors. However, after looking at the leaked pictures of the camo'ed Camaros, I realize that the picture taken here was of horrible quality. There is only overhead lighting, so there's no light shining on the sides of the doors, showing the true angles present. Also, the paint being white doesn't help.

I'm not sure why I didn't think to cross-reference this photo against the camo ones, but the doors appear very close to the concept in those pictures. Fbodfather, I want you to know that I am a HUUUUGE fan of the fifth gen Camaro, as all of us are. The last thing we want to do is cause you any grief. I will be buying a new Camaro regardless, and I am glad it's still looking very similar to the concept! Also, I felt that the door looked flat and vertical, but after reading Fbodfather's post and checking the other leaked photos, I noticed the sides are perfectly rounded and look great.

Thanks again for all you do for us Scott, and rest assured we're all going to be in a frenzy when we see the production model in person for the first time!
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #129
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Fbodfather is a true soldier, he's done a lot for the Camaro enthusiast community (which is an understatement- heck, the guy has literally made dreams come true for some of us). I appreciate his continued enthusiasm and willingness to keep an open channel for dialog with us, which he most certainly doesn't have to (the BMW community doesn't even have this kind of communication being a supposed "enthusiast" oriented brand with its enthusiast and customers). Thanks Scott, and we more than appreciate you!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #130
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
As far a Scott is concerned, I keep trying to think of a way to repay him for all he has done for us.

His enthusiasm, loyalty, devotion, and above all, his friendship are to be applauded.

I've owned other vehicles during my lifetime, but the Camaro, the people I now call "friends" (you all and a whole lot more) as a result of owning a Camaro, the great memories I have, all due to owning a Camaro, are all things which I am so thankful for. And holding it all together, making it even more special, is Scott.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #131
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
fbodfather, first off I have to say that sucks being...well, betrayed I guess is the word, like this. But as you yourself noted, most of us still love it even in this prototype.

Actually I earlier todya was in the area of the place I've been thinking of buying my Camaro at and popped in to see if they seemed legit (looked online only before today). And sure, they seemed decent enough. I asked my way to who was responsible for American Chevrolets (remember this is Sweden so the mainly sold Saabs and Opels but also had an American section for Corvettes, Cadillacs, Hummers and Chevrolets). I found the guy in question and asked him if they'd decided yet whether or not to import the Camaro. "Yes we have, we'll be taking them in as soon as possible". I said "Good". The guy paused for a bit and then smiled broadly and said "It's beautiful, ain't it?". "Sure is" I said and smiled back

Just thought I'd share that and add that if this car makes me feel even half the lovely way I felt when riding along as a little kid with my dads old American V8 cars, then I'll love it. And I trust that it will manage at least that
Old 12-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #132
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Don't worry -- I won't blacklist you!

You are correct in that leaks get most of you very excited ...(and I'm LOVING some of the comments.....)

The real problem is that when something leaks that we have no control over, the picture is invariably a bad one..........(think of the Silver leaked photos in December of 2005....) You will recall that the Silver picture was of a 'clown-suited' car -- where each side was styled differently.........we actually had some people say "....Duuuuuuuuuude! I don't want a car where the front bumper doesn't match!!!"...........and thus, as we see with this picture -- some are jumping to conclusions that the car has gotten bigger or fatter or has been made to be much milder........ It's simply a very bad shot!

Soooooo........you're safe from the black Suburbans -- and while I'm upset that someone leaked this particular photo -- I'm elated that so many of you are so pumped!
Scott, as someone who purchased a new Z/28 in '69, I can tell you that I'm really pumped about the 5th gen. Camaro, it is so reminiscent of the '69 while being so future looking at the same time, I think Chevy has a hit on their hands. I do hope we will see some nice colors available when production starts, maybe even some old "favorites" like an updated version of the Rallye Green. I'm looking forward to the release and plan on having one in my driveway as soon as the right options are available (nothing crazy, just Z/28, etc.).
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #133
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
I do think it is tremendous that the Fbodfather even looks at our little forums, let alone takes the time to respond. I mean its not like he doesn't have other things to do.

I think I can speak for the rest of us when I say THANK YOU for your dedication to our beloved car the Camaro. It is because of you more than anyone else that the Camaro will be back.

If the car looks this good in an unauthorized, low res, bad angle pic in white no less, I CAN NOT wait to see the finished product (in a black or blue next time maybe).

Great work Scott and THANKS again for the Camaro and your input to our forum here!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #134
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^Indeed it is, and we thank you oh fbodfather for it.

Just got reminded of ooooonnnnnneeee tiny thing though (bear with us, for we are but men). I do hope there's at least one nice yellow color in the lineup. I know that the super Bumblebee color won't be an option, but...just some yellow would be nice to go with black stripes. I know there's a lot of us who want that option, and it's perhaps a bit silly to have one that looks like Bumblebee almost, but it's such a nice combo!

That is all.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #135
Camino LS6

Drives: '98 Firehawk Prototype
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
thank you for all your kind words!

Interesting: someone asked me what it was like to drive Bumblebee around the track in Nevada -- and my reaction CONTINUES to be that it reminds me of driving my 1970 Chevelle MANY years ago! (NOT the handling -- but the view thru the windshield.......)

Sooooooooooooo--- if you're loving the view out of your 70 SS (which looks killer by the way ....) you're gonna love the Camaro!

Scott,
With this post you have uttered the single most convincing argument for me getting a 5th gen Camaro!

As you may remember, I'm well-aquainted with the view of the hood from the driver's seat of a '70 SS El Camino. To say it is a view I remember fondly would be an understatement.
Camino LS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #136
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i dont really care how bad the picture looks. im just glad to see something. its things like this that keep me wanting this camaro. the hype is just enough. it seems like everyone gets really excited and then it wears off but right before a huge outbreak,something appears and everyone is right back into it again. great job if thats what your really trying to do.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #137
fiveohh

Drives: stratus
hmmmm......I will withhold all negative feelings and hope that GM Guru's will please offer up a better photo...I have to agree this is a bad shot, I do appreciate it for what it is (hopefully) just a bad shot.....
fiveohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #138
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Just not real sure about the rear quarter panel. It doesnt look like it is as defined as the concept. That is what i liked about the concept the most. I hope it just the way a v6 looks.
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #139
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Just for kicks...compare the Concept coupe, to the concept Convertible...
there was conversation a while back about how the gas cap was closer to the edge than the coupe...

could it possibly be that the rear-quarters were shrunk a bit on the 'vert? but nobody noticed exactly, because...well - It's a convertible.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #140
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
naa looking at both of them on a poster. Both look about the same. If they took away the rear end of the car it is gonna be like the v6 mustang. LAME, I mean that is what made the car unique. Those side vents in front of the rear tire look great on the concept but I'm just not seeing them on these pics. I hope that they are there just maybe concealed well. I'll have a hard time plopping down $$$$$$$ if its not real close to the concept.
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote