Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
Collinite ???

Has anyone used it on their car ? I ordered some and going to apply it this weekend.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Never heard of it.
Meguiers or Mothers for me.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Zaino man myself, hope the name doesn't indicate where it comes from

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
Never heard of it.
Meguiers or Mothers for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Zaino man myself, hope the name doesn't indicate where it comes from
Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
bad_bear

Drives: Camero Synergy LT1 Coupe
I think you will like it. Once applied the water will just bead up and roll off your car. It also lasts and lasts.
bad_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
Unknown SSRS

Drives: 2011 VR SS/RS
once of the best wax u can get.. very durable.. and beats like mad!!..beats out megs or mothers all day and every day. some megs waxes looks great.. but the durability sux! u should also try some wolfgang and pinnicle products.. also Dodo. pricier but def worth it... aalsoi Collinte is prolly one of the best waxes for winter....Durability!!!!!!!!!went through a whole winter with 2 coats of collinite
Unknown SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Sttt5126

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
I'm partial to Adams polishes.
Sttt5126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
sigma_1966
My baby is here

I waxed both my car and wife's car this weekend with collinite. Saturday I did her car. Yesterday I did mine. I washed my car and then it rained. After the rain stopped I dried the car and started to wax. I managed to finish my roof and drivers side then it started to rain again. After the rain stopped I went out to dry the car off and restart and there was a huge difference in the beading of the water on the spots I finished applying and those I hadn't finished. I finished the car last night.

This morning I got up to go to work and it had rained over night. I got in the car and after a few minutes the water that was on the car was gone looked dry. The shine is amazing. A much deeper shine than meguiars nxt gen 2
Old 05-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #9
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
I waxed both my car and wife's car this weekend with collinite. Saturday I did her car. Yesterday I did mine. I washed my car and then it rained. After the rain stopped I dried the car and started to wax. I managed to finish my roof and drivers side then it started to rain again. After the rain stopped I went out to dry the car off and restart and there was a huge difference in the beading of the water on the spots I finished applying and those I hadn't finished. I finished the car last night.

This morning I got up to go to work and it had rained over night. I got in the car and after a few minutes the water that was on the car was gone looked dry. The shine is amazing. A much deeper shine than meguiars nxt gen 2
Great experience, sounds like the making of a commercial.
Where did you buy this product, and how much was it?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Eshine.ca i where i bought it from but right now their sold out. http://www.eshine.ca/collinite_super..._476s-1001.php

Kind of grainy this was taken two days ago. Was washed sunday by hand. Wax was applied may 2oth

Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #11
ibmrs

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IBM
First work i did to the car was this last weekend (got the car week and a half ago).
Mothers Clay Bar
Klasse All In One Polish Sealant
Klasse Brilliant Glaze Sealant (this was most difficult, wipe it on/wipe it off right away, if it dries, very hard to deal with, unless you wait 24hrs with it on)
Wait 24hrs
Collinite 915 Carnauba
Will add another coat of Collinite this weekend.
The collinite 915 is very nice warm dark deep shine on top of IBM. Gives warm wet depth on top of more shimmering shine from synthetic sealant products.
Collinite is so easy on off, one of easiest to take off for sure.
I am liking this combination very much.
I like this process more than Zaino i did on my truck, zaino process is a pain to apply at 92f and high humidity in FL, this combo may look better imo.
I have not tried adams, so can not comment.
The car definately has some clear coat swirls/scratches, mostly from when i got it from dealer, perhaps a couple on clay/wash. None of above by hand gets rid of those in dark colors. I will use da buffer, light polish pad, and a good light polish in about 6 months (don't want to take da to new paint yet) then top with this combination again.
I don't expect the collinite to last much more than 1 month in this heat, although it is said to be long lasting carnauba, i shall find out i guess. The Klasse AIO and SG underneath should give me longevity to protect the paint.

sorry for hijack...i see on link you used collinite 476, so that is longer lasting carnauba/synthetic blend
Old 06-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
sigma_1966
My baby is here

I was going to do another coat either today or tomorrow depending on the weather here (very hot and humid). Does a second coat make much of a difference ?
Old 06-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #13
ibmrs

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IBM
in general carnauba depth can be greater with 2-3 coats (after that no), with some time (>1day) in between coats. that's probably not as true with synthetics.
honestly, 'most' people wouldn't be able to tell difference at all visually, especially on brand new paint, but i personally don't mind doing it, as thin as you put the collinite on i believe 2 coats will guarantee even complete coverage as well. mind you, i don't care if i spend 5 hours in garage doing this stuff on a weekend, i enjoy it, some people don't like to spend 5 mins on detailing.