Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
jazyjason

Drives: a
IS it worth it? (trading up from a 2LS to a SS)

a

Last edited by jazyjason; 05-18-2021 at 03:47 AM.
jazyjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #2
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
You will loose so much on trade.... keep it try and pay it off in 36mo, by then the 6th gen will be coming out, then get an SS, keep the LS as your daily driver

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izach26 View Post
You will loose so much on trade.... keep it try and pay it off in 36mo, by then the 6th gen will be coming out, then get an SS, keep the LS as your daily driver
Good idea here. Or test drive the SS and see if you'll like it. Let me tell you, it is a night and day difference between the two. Not saying anything against the V6, they are still great cars. But after having the SS, I just can't see myself with anything less...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #4
jazyjason

Drives: a
a

Last edited by jazyjason; 05-18-2021 at 03:44 AM.
jazyjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #5
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
You'd probably get more selling the car privately rather than trading it in. If you're already contemplating a trade after just buying your car then that's not a good sign & being active on this site won't help things much either.

I always say if you really want an SS then just get it. You'll probably lose money but oh well, you only live once. As the saying goes "I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done." I say just get what you want if that's going to make you happy.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I might be the only person on this site that loves the retro steelies. Sorry, that was off topic.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
Well I took the car out. Turned off the radio just to listen to it and discovered what driving without Traction Control is like...

Won't say what I did but I got some rubber and was grinning the whole way back to the apartment after about an hour of cruising. I actually apologized to my Camaro thinking about trading it in...

I'll just grab a 67 SS in a few years as my "toy" and keep this as my DD.
Good choice.. I have had the same debate but I have decided that what I really liked about the 1LE is the look and I could easily make my car (a 2LT) look the same by just adding the ZL1/1LE wheels and a hood wrap. I really don't need the extra HP, all that would do is probably buy me more speeding tickets and increase my gas bill. I'm more than happy with my V-6 and plan on keeping it for years to come.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I'll tell you what it is easy to do, spend someone else's money when they ask if the SS is worth it

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
Baldwin feeder

Drives: 1986 Chevy C-10 and 2013 BRM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I might be the only person on this site that loves the retro steelies. Sorry, that was off topic.
You're not. I love them too, actually love everything about the LS and wanted to order one badly before I test drove an SS. Still wish MyLink was an option and not standard on the SS but I love driving the car I ordered. To the OP I say test drive an SS. That is what I did, I drove a 1LS and a 1SS back to back just to see. I honestly thought I would still pick the LS but I just loved driving the SS more. I am still surprised at myself that I had my mind set since 2008 on what I wanted and I ordered a car differently based on one test drive.
Baldwin feeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Steven13

Drives: 13' Black SS
i posted the same thing once. someone said, "trade up, chalk it up as a lesson learned." once since i traded up i didnt regret it what so ever.

use these 2 sites, and remember to over estimate what you currently spend. then id get the real value of your car.
http://frugalliving.about.com/librar...calculator.htm

if its not much less that the original price or payoff amount then use this site:
http://frugalliving.about.com/librar...calculator.htm

if your budget isnt too scarce, (try to have at least 200 disposable income after budgeting food, nights out on the town, gas, insurance, phone/internet bill, etc.) then go for it.

then if you have at least a $1000 saved already and you have positive income after your over-budgeting, then drive a ss. in used ones they may have drive on low octane gas. if they let you drive a new then that's better to make a decision. I did all of the above and i love my SS, plus i know my everything about what has been done with my car.
Steven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Go for it. Sell your first born if you have to. You won't regret it one bit.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
Secret Squirrel

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu
The better way to go would be to sell private party, then find the car you want, used, and start from scratch so you don't get killed on the trade. Last year, I bought my 2010 (#137) used with less than 13k miles on it. 2SS/RS with 475rwhp for 30k. There are some awesome buys out there on used Camaros. You just have to be patient, and don't buy used from a dealership if you can avoid it.
Another option, if you want the warranty, and want to buy new, is sell private party and wait for the 14's to come out so you can get a brand new 13 with all the rebates and deals that will come with the dealers trying to off-load the old models.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
JimiBlaze

Drives: 2013 BRM LS M6
Being a LS owner this is something I think about also, but I wanted to buy new and an SS just wasnt in the budget...my plan is to give the LS to my 9 year old daughter when she turns 16 and then get an SS. I think it will be cool to have that car bond with her.
JimiBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Kinda feel the same way but I wish that they had done steel rims around the wheel and not this silver plastic UGH!