Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
NorCalStorm

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
Decisions Decisions Decisions

so here I am still waiting for a final few things to finish up before I can get my camaro... I have wanted the camaro for just about a year now; however, I have always wanted a nice truck...no where near as bad as I wanted the camaro though. recently, I have found myself wanting a truck more and more and it kind of seems like I want one more than a camaro now... the camaro/truck would be my second car. One of the things i am worried about though is that im not sure if this is just a phase because ive been absolutely obsessed with camaros for a year and a truck is just something new and interesting...
One of the biggest reasons that the camaro tops the truck in my view is the compliments. Every time I get one it makes my day and it makes me feel like im doing something right with my car haha So for those of you with trucks... do you ever get any compliments on it or are nice trucks as much of a headturner as a camaro?? and also is there one truck that is just generally better than the rest?? ive been researching about them but i cant find anything on trucks from the general public..all I seem to be able to find are motortrend reviews and things of that sort....

Also, i have only had my mustang which, although it is a v6, is still a pony/muscle car and I love the feeling that comes with it and I cant even imagine what it would be like in camaro that has over 100 more horsies than my car does now...but then i love the space of a truck and I do play a sport and I drive with luggage a good amount so a truck would be slightly more practical it seems.... im just really really torn between the two!

Oh and is there like a camaro5 of trucks?? like a big silverado or F150 forum??

Last edited by NorCalStorm; 07-18-2013 at 04:59 PM.
NorCalStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
If we could only get the Holden Ute SS here in the U.S.....
Old 07-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
I can chime in on the truck. 2012 F150 5.0 4X4. Great truck! the ride and handling for a truck are great! the power the 5.0 puts out in the truck is awesome too! They are rated 14 city 19 hwy. I can honestly say they are very underrated. I am a pretty aggressive driver and in town driving I get right at 16. out on the highway with the cruse set on 70 it averages 21-23 on a semi hilly highway.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Before I bought my second Camaro I drove a GMC Sierra2012.. it was nice n big like a battle ship.. I was like Mr magoo ramming n running things over crappy ride .. v8 power equalled Camaro v6.. totally wanted to go back to Camaro. Its a personal decision. Good luck
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Are you that sinister guy with a new name??

Popularity and people noticing you should not be a reason to buy or not buy a car/truck or anything, buy what is practical for you

If the truck makes more sense for you go that route, if you can get your stuff you need to carry around in the camaro get it and if you hit the lottery get both
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
NorCalStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Are you that sinister guy with a new name??

Popularity and people noticing you should not be a reason to buy or not buy a car/truck or anything, buy what is practical for you

If the truck makes more sense for you go that route, if you can get your stuff you need to carry around in the camaro get it and if you hit the lottery get both
haha no im not... honestly i have no idea who you are talking about.... I know it shouldnt be a reason...im just saying that is one of the perks that gives the camaro a little edge in my book....im just looking for perspectives from people that have maybe been in this situation or from people who have owned both a truck and a camaro....
Old 07-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
thing is if you already have the stang i'd say go for the truck. it's a lot more practical. The best combo is a good truck for lousy weather and work days, and then a nice sports car for taking the girl around town and having fun, etc.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
NorCalStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
thing is if you already have the stang i'd say go for the truck. it's a lot more practical. The best combo is a good truck for lousy weather and work days, and then a nice sports car for taking the girl around town and having fun, etc.
well I am selling the mustang or using it as trade in value!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalStorm View Post
haha no im not... honestly i have no idea who you are talking about.... I know it shouldnt be a reason...im just saying that is one of the perks that gives the camaro a little edge in my book....im just looking for perspectives from people that have maybe been in this situation or from people who have owned both a truck and a camaro....
He's a guy that listed 3 reasons he sold his camaro and one was no one waved to him or noticed him

There was another thread some kid asked how to use the car to pick up girls

Didn't mean to take a shot at you just that I don't see it as a popularity contest, like I said if you can carry your gear in the camaro go for it
Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
so here I am still waiting for a final few things to finish up before I can get my camaro... I have wanted the camaro for just about a year now; however, I have always wanted a nice truck...no where near as bad as I wanted the camaro though. recently, I have found myself wanting a truck more and more and it kind of seems like I want one more than a camaro now... the camaro/truck would be my second car. One of the things i am worried about though is that im not sure if this is just a phase because ive been absolutely obsessed with camaros for a year and a truck is just something new and interesting...
One of the biggest reasons that the camaro tops the truck in my view is the compliments. Every time I get one it makes my day and it makes me feel like im doing something right with my car haha So for those of you with trucks... do you ever get any compliments on it or are nice trucks as much of a headturner as a camaro?? and also is there one truck that is just generally better than the rest?? ive been researching about them but i cant find anything on trucks from the general public..all I seem to be able to find are motortrend reviews and things of that sort....

Also, i have only had my mustang which, although it is a v6, is still a pony/muscle car and I love the feeling that comes with it and I cant even imagine what it would be like in camaro that has over 100 more horsies than my car does now...but then i love the space of a truck and I do play a sport and I drive with luggage a good amount so a truck would be slightly more practical it seems.... im just really really torn between the two!

Oh and is there like a camaro5 of trucks?? like a big silverado or F150 forum??
NorCalStorm,

As long as it's a GM vehicle, we will be happy with your selection !

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Quote:
well I am selling the mustang or using it as trade in value!
in that case get the camaro.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
NorCalStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
He's a guy that listed 3 reasons he sold his camaro and one was no one waved to him or noticed him

There was another thread some kid asked how to use the car to pick up girls

Didn't mean to take a shot at you just that I don't see it as a popularity contest, like I said if you can carry your gear in the camaro go for it
ohhhhh okay haha i know who you are talking about now hahaha well a camaro could indeed easily pick up girls haha I can fit everything in my mustang but sometimes when I take extra things it gets cramped pretty quick and I would like the extra space of a truck. I just cant decide if I will miss the muscle car feel and power enough to make me regret getting a truck!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #13
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Well what is more practical for your lifestyle? do you work where you need to haul things in a truck? Or just need a driver.

i say if your not going to use the truck to its potential, than go with the camaro.

But if you think youll use the trucks capabilities more than go with it. The new 2014 silverado is super nice so either way its a win win.

Goodluck with your choice!
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
MikeMoach

Quote:
ohhhhh okay haha i know who you are talking about now hahaha well a camaro could indeed easily pick up girls haha I can fit everything in my mustang but sometimes when I take extra things it gets cramped pretty quick and I would like the extra space of a truck. I just cant decide if I will miss the muscle car feel and power enough to make me regret getting a truck!
Then that's all preference and that your call to make, my friend has an SRT8 Chrysler 300 was in it for the first time today it hast ALOT of room and power too don't forget the Jeep SRT8 also that's a mean ride too best of both worlds for you