Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #15
LuG

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1
Mine pops while backing and turning out of the garage about 50% of the time
LuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #16
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Mine does it only on cold days backing out of garage, I think it's the cold tire and cold pavement causing the tire to slightly slip. Never does it when the temp warms up.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #17
Holliss69

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Coupe A6
So ... losing my mind???

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387025

this "should" be the link .... I think .... then again I thought I posted this already so ..... maybe I'm losing my mind.
Anyway check this thread .... any of you hearing noise (especially in reverse) may have rear Diff issue. there is a TSB on this issue also not sure if it is within above thread or not.

I stopped mine from bothering me by backing into garage when car is hot .... thus .... leaving garage forward when cold ...... ahh no noise.
Holliss69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:01 AM   #18
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holliss69 View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387025

this "should" be the link .... I think .... then again I thought I posted this already so ..... maybe I'm losing my mind.
Anyway check this thread .... any of you hearing noise (especially in reverse) may have rear Diff issue. there is a TSB on this issue also not sure if it is within above thread or not.

I stopped mine from bothering me by backing into garage when car is hot .... thus .... leaving garage forward when cold ...... ahh no noise.
My diff has been serviced per this TSB, The sound I hear comes from the front only when car has been sitting and temps are cool to cold, as soon as I cut my front wheels it kinda pops and I can feel it slip. Cold hard tires are the culprit. It only does this on cold days and only when I first back out of my garage (unheated). I would bet guys with heated garages do not have this issue.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:15 AM   #19
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
My diff has been serviced per this TSB, The sound I hear comes from the front only when car has been sitting and temps are cool to cold, as soon as I cut my front wheels it kinda pops and I can feel it slip. Cold hard tires are the culprit. It only does this on cold days and only when I first back out of my garage (unheated). I would bet guys with heated garages do not have this issue.

Yeah I had that issue to and they serviced mine per the TSB and it went away. It was done two weeks ago and that pop noise started prior to that. Also my rear diff is brand new. Replaced a few months ago.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #20
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Looks like the 1LE guys are having a similar issue.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390124

From the thread:
Quote:
Tire Pop Noise in Cold Temperatures

The 2012-2013 Camaro ZL1 and 2013 Camaro SS with RPO 1LE feature high performance tires that may exhibit a single audible "pop" or "snap" noise immediately after the vehicle is put into motion. This noise is typically noticed first thing in the morning after the vehicle has been stationary overnight or for an extended period of time and is more pronounced in lower ambient temperatures. The noise sounds similar to a brake pad that has temporarily stuck to a rotor due to vehicle inactivity. After the initial vehicle movement, the noise can no longer be duplicated until the car remains stationary again for an extended period of time.
This condition is a characteristic of the vehicle’s high performance tires. Due to the tires’ soft rubber compound, they have a natural tendency to stick to the pavement. When the vehicle is moved, this pop noise is the sound of the tire releasing from the pavement. Do not make any repairs. This is a normal characteristic of the high performance tires.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I misread the title at first, I thought it said intermittent POOP when turning... I was going to say don't take the turns so fast. Your scaring the crap out of yourself. I had to laugh at myself.

Carry on.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #22
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I misread the title at first, I thought it said intermittent POOP when turning... I was going to say don't take the turns so fast. Your scaring the crap out of yourself. I had to laugh at myself.

Carry on.

LMAO ....
Old 01-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #23
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc-ZL1 View Post
mine does the same, I thought I was just crazy lol
Wow I thought I was tripping but mine does the same thing!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #24
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Glad I posted this and not alone.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #25
stardok

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1657
Me too. More when colder, like first thing in the morning. Done it since I had it. Diff fluid changed at 1500 mile and no effect.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:36 PM   #26
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Hope this pop is a normal characteristic of the car.... I know for a fact its not the tires because I am in motion coming back from a ride and I hear the pop usually while making a uturn in the parking lot to park or when making a right hand turn. Its always when turn to the right.