Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #57
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Gen5Diy's dash ABL kit. There is just no way that I can get a consistent light across the wide side of the dash. Just doesn't look right. Luckily, it's cheap so I didn't waste too much.
Did you use the weatherstripping method?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #58
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Did you use the weatherstripping method?
Yeah, I did everything exactly the way I was told, then asked Ofer for some advice and he even said that its a challenge. At that pointing figured since I'm going to paint the dash trim anyways I would just uninstall and sell to someone who wanted to make the effort.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #59
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
By far my rideskinz bumper.

The "changing" of the contract multiple times (missing spoiler and roof spoiler, and Tony "stopped production" of the vented fenders he was working on), the hassle of bringing my car down to LA multiple times and flying back or flying down and driving my car back on short notice while Tony was late everytime, the shredded inner fender liner from it not being secured correctly and air pushing it back into the tire multiple times, the breaking of tabs on one of my side markers, the ill fitment of the side markers forcing them to fall out of the bumper and hang by the wiring and flapping around scratching the paint (only happened once, I now drive without sidemarkers and put them in when I park) and the chipping of paint on the my hood was not what I had in mind, and one of the major reasons why I'm trading my car in to start fresh.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #60
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
What mods did I regret with my 10 SS, well that is easy "all of them" I lost my shirt on the car when I sold it because it was modded
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #61
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
This isn't much of a mod, but it definitely didn't work out well. Despite buying my Camaro new, it had some scratches around the ignition from test drives. I had my friend mill an aluminum piece to cover up the scratches. I loved the way it looked installed but the car wouldn't start! Apparently the aluminum ring was blocking a signal coming out of the key fob. Go figure.

Check out this thread for a cheap solution.

Now at 3+ years still on the first one,no scratches.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...itch+scratches

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #62
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod View Post
Check out this thread for a cheap solution.

Now at 3+ years still on the first one,no scratches.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...itch+scratches
Thanks, but the scratches I was trying to cover up were on the plastic around the ignition cylider. They were pretty deep. I do have some faint scratching on the metal part, but I don't notice those too much. I may try this though.

Oddly enough, when I pulled off the aluminum ring I made the scratches had magically vanished.
I used silicone to attach it and the best theory I can come up with is the silicone either filled in the scratches or it melted the plastic just enough to smooth out the surface. I still liked the trim ring though.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #63
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Gen5Diy's dash ABL kit. There is just no way that I can get a consistent light across the wide side of the dash. Just doesn't look right. Luckily, it's cheap so I didn't waste too much.
I had the same problem so I bought EL wire and attached it to the light bar that comes with the Gen5 kit. I tried everything to get the light even including polishing the ends of the light bar but it was bright on the ends but almost no light in the middle.

I would not have kept the ABL kit if I wouldn't have put the EL wire with the light bar. Now it looks perfectly even.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #64
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I had the same problem so I bought EL wire and attached it to the light bar that comes with the Gen5 kit. I tried everything to get the light even including polishing the ends of the light bar but it was bright on the ends but almost no light in the middle.

I would not have kept the ABL kit if I wouldn't have put the EL wire with the light bar. Now it looks perfectly even.

Russ
You gonna be at fest? Is this an affordable, easy to do thing we might be able to bang out in the parking lot? Beers on me
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #65
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Oracle V2 RGB pre-bent scanner bar... remote stopped working after 1 day.. got a replacement, stopped working after 1 week.. gave up on trying to get a replacement...

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Magnuson TVS2300, ZL1 Fuelpump / ADM FPCM, NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, OEM 1LE Front Splitter, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, Dropped on BMR Split Drop Springs
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #66
klyoun1

Drives: 1969 Camaro Yenko Tribute
Quote:
Originally Posted by soFlo305 View Post
customer service rep: "how can I help you"
you: "the black paint on your gill trim inserts is coming off"
customer service rep: "well sir how long have you had them installed"
you: "3 hours"
customer service rep: "sir this is normal wear for that product in that amount of time, thank you for using our products, bye"

AWESOME This is a great thread!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #67
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by soFlo305 View Post
customer service rep: "how can I help you"
you: "the black paint on your gill trim inserts is coming off"
customer service rep: "well sir how long have you had them installed"
you: "3 hours"
customer service rep: "sir this is normal wear for that product in that amount of time, thank you for using our products, bye"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
That's about the way it went down. Ridiculous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by klyoun1 View Post
AWESOME This is a great thread!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #68
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
By far my rideskinz bumper.

The "changing" of the contract multiple times (missing spoiler and roof spoiler, and Tony "stopped production" of the vented fenders he was working on), the hassle of bringing my car down to LA multiple times and flying back or flying down and driving my car back on short notice while Tony was late everytime, the shredded inner fender liner from it not being secured correctly and air pushing it back into the tire multiple times, the breaking of tabs on one of my side markers, the ill fitment of the side markers forcing them to fall out of the bumper and hang by the wiring and flapping around scratching the paint (only happened once, I now drive without sidemarkers and put them in when I park) and the chipping of paint on the my hood was not what I had in mind, and one of the major reasons why I'm trading my car in to start fresh.
Damn This makes me super nervous for my Aggressor 2

My worst mod so far was probably this stupid "CAMARO RS" sticker I got for my dash trim. It was really crappy quality and it fell off like 2 hours after I put it on
Old 08-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #69
UnEasy Rider

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
What mods did I regret with my 10 SS, well that is easy "all of them" I lost my shirt on the car when I sold it because it was modded
yep.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #70
DeathMetal2SS

Drives: 2SS/RS
MRT Rear window louver. Extremely poor fitment. Was advertised to 'perfectly compliment the lines of your 2012 Camaro'. It really didn't. Top left corner stuck up about 1" from the window! Sent them pics and got this response;

"From the pictures you did a very nice job installing the louver and your concern of the driver side top corner does not raise any flags telling us there is a problem with the louver or installation. If an absolutely perfect fit is what you are after I would suggest have a local metal fabrication shop modify the louver to achieve the custom fit your looking for."

Asked them to send replacement pegs and clips so I could have it professionally installed and tweaked and just got ignored. Now I have a $500 aluminum P.O.S. sitting in my garage.

Learned after order that MRT stands for 'Mustang Racing Technologies'. Should've known better.
DeathMetal2SS is offline   Reply With Quote