Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSS10 View Post
So i spoke with my buddy, who happens to be the sales manager for chevy and he gave me a 2 week timeline for orders on the z/28 to open up, cant wait till then. i will be putting in a order for one in black!!!
I'm an amateur photographer, would love to photograph your Z/28 just to see it in person. No charge.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Does that mean we'll know the MSRP in two weeks as well?
Well, I would hope so. Not quite sure how much money he has but buying a car without knowing how much it is going to cost me is definitely out of my price range...
Old 07-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Well, I would hope so. Not quite sure how much money he has but buying a car without knowing how much it is going to cost me is definitely out of my price range...
I'm hoping. I couldn't imagine people putting deposits down on a car they don't know the cost of.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:04 AM   #18
GhostSS10

Drives: 2011 2ss cyber grey
Sorry guys been a busy weekend, to answer questions, my father has great connections with our local dealer by the name of Ron Carter in Alvin Tx pretty big down here.As we all know information changes everyday about this car, from what we have heard from our dealer is within 2 weeks he will be able to take our order. I agree some people may say going to buy a car without knowing a price tag is pretty crazy! But when it comes to cars my father and I are car crazy! if any other information happens to come our way.I Will post asap thanks guys! !

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #19
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Sorry guys been a busy weekend, to answer questions, my father has great connections with our local dealer by the name of Ron Carter in Alvin Tx pretty big down here.As we all know information changes everyday about this car, from what we have heard from our dealer is within 2 weeks he will be able to take our order. I agree some people may say going to buy a car without knowing a price tag is pretty crazy! But when it comes to cars my father and I are car crazy! if any other information happens to come our way.I Will post asap thanks guys! !

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Well then... Have I got a deal for you! I have this nice beautiful shiny wooden nickel for sale! Very rare indeed! The price is undisclosed. Just sign on the dotted liine saying you'll buy and then we'll reveal the price to you.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #20
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Ah, as I suspected, the old "my local dealer told my father/mother/brother/cousin/etc..." story.

The only place the information changes everyday is on the interwebz, otherwise the facts have been the same since the info release in March.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Ah, as I suspected, the old "my local dealer told my father/mother/brother/cousin/etc..." story.

The only place the information changes everyday is on the interwebz, otherwise the facts have been the same since the info release in March.
Now that's funny.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I already have a Z28 if you really want one.......lol
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #23
GhostSS10

Drives: 2011 2ss cyber grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post

lol nice post there sir, but its ok because this sucker can afford to throw around a couple dollars to get the car i want, now with that been said if anybody else woud like to chime in with there negativity it will be looked upon with a smile! Everyone else thanks for looking and i WILL post as soon as i get the order sheet infront of me thanks again...
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
Zfatuated

Quote:
lol nice post there sir, but its ok because this sucker can afford to throw around a couple dollars to get the car i want, now with that been said if anybody else woud like to chime in with there negativity it will be looked upon with a smile! Everyone else thanks for looking and i WILL post as soon as i get the order sheet infront of me thanks again...
I would be thrilled if what you think is going to happen, happens. But my point is that I think someone at your dealership is lying/mistaken/confused/uninformed, and that orders will not open up until at least December'ish.

The price you might pay is irrelevant and it doesn't matter to me what anyone pays for anything, so my apology if my post was interpreted that way. The negativity was on the claim of being able to place an order. I simply can't believe the sales manager at Chevy of Alvin TX knows something that nobody else does. My quick shave of the situation with Occam's razor says he is as full of sh*t as a Thanksgiving turkey.

It would be awesome if I'm wrong and will freely take a public lashing if so. Two weeks eh?

Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #25
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...I'm bettin' on the can of dehydrated water...just sayin....
Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #26
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...I'm bettin' on the can of dehydrated water...just sayin....
I'm with you!
Clyde
Old 07-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #27
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
This is to GhostSS10 when in 2 weeks you dealer takes your $ and then tales you its coming in 2 weeks, know we warned you, There not done with testing the car, so there is no way they have a set price or will take orders in 2 weeks, look for info on all that to come out in late October, then to fallowed in 30-60 days with orders for dealers that get the cars to order ( PS most dealers will only get 2 cars. IMO ) then some time in the first 1/4 of 2014 cars will get built, then by spring they will get out to dealers and the end user.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #28
Zfatuated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
This is to GhostSS10 when in 2 weeks you dealer takes your $ and then tales you its coming in 2 weeks, know we warned you...
Well, you are warning him, I simply ridiculed him and called his source a liar

This whole "my local podunk dealer salesman said blah blah" BS is so incredibly old I'm stunned anyone is still so naive enough to fall for it?

Closed Thread